Sep 15, 2020, 05:20 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
... There ya go.!! Kinda like my whole experience with it.... Glad you had no problems... !!
I can tell you with certainty that the WASH-OUT was very effective to avoid any future encounters with unexpected STALLs, or Tip STALLs as many have reported.

2nd and 3rd flights were majestic as I was able to slow the SR-10 in super slow flight and perhaps just a tad more airspeed than my 15 year old GWS Beaver that has under-camber wing design!

I am in Love!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2020, 09:10 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmbbo
Washout should help with the highly tapered SR10 wing if you can figure a way to twist the wing so that it will stay put... FWIW, my Stinson has very good slow flight and stalling manners but I keep the speed up till on final to avoid making an SR10 shaped hole in the ground...
You were correct!

Wash-Out indeed helped!

Thanks!
Oct 30, 2020, 01:53 AM
Hi, I have been given a Stinson in a box , new fuselage, motor and other parts, it's missing the tail assembly and wheel struts (metal) and plastic fairings. I could make the tail out of depron, but it looks very thick going by the plastic part in the fuselage. As for the metal wheel I may be able to adapt a commercial one. Are there any spares still available, or can anyone offer any advice and size information. Thanks
Oct 30, 2020, 08:02 PM
Check Ebay , post a want ad in RCG wanted/for sale section. Have you contacted Horizon Hobbies/Park Zone?
Oct 30, 2020, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes to ebay, it's in my save box so if anything goes on I get notified. Yes to Horizon Hobby asked if they could help , all I got was a reply that it's not available anymore. If I advertise in the wanted section and find a tail the postage to Cyprus might be to much. I've asked Horizon if there is a tailplane that will fit, not to worried what it looks like. Perhaps someone on here might have a clue. Thanks again.
Oct 31, 2020, 09:39 AM
You could cobble up tail surfaces from depron or balsa . Wings are a problem. Somebody probably has a wrecked Stinson they could sell you for parts. Cracked wings are fixable. Landing gear metal and plastic fairings and wheel spats are important to Reliant "looks" , hard to duplicate. If you manage to assemble model, check CG and assure it's not tail heavy. I have my second one, and enjoy flying it.

I would like to see a somewhat larger Stinson SR-7 or SR-8 foamie scale model become available basically the same. Here is a picture of my old Pat Tritle/Brodak Stinson Reliant balsa stick version that I based into my favorite SR-7 version with 1937 Pepsi-Cola livery. Kit is still available.
Last edited by E-Challenged; Oct 31, 2020 at 09:53 AM.
Nov 01, 2020, 04:24 AM
Thanks for your comments. Building one would be my last resort, I would need a working plan if anyone can help me. Who knows someone may have a parts plane as you said.
Apr 03, 2021, 06:11 PM
PSALM 14:1
Anyone still flying this old bird?

After seeing E-Challenged's post last year I decided hit Callie up for some Parkzone-sized PEPSI graphics and a winter project was born...
Apr 03, 2021, 07:49 PM
Grumpa Tom
That looks fantastic! Well done!
Apr 03, 2021, 08:26 PM
Very nice!
I just rebuilt mine from all my horded oem parts after a 2-year lay-off due to moving. She flew perfectly and will always be my favorite.
Apr 18, 2021, 12:58 PM
Sammy's looks better than my wrinkly aging beauty. Old Parklite resists re-shrinking. I still have my PZ Reliant, it also looks "used" but flies beautifully.
Apr 18, 2021, 02:28 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
Sammy's looks better than my wrinkly aging beauty.
I don't know about that, yours is what inspired me!

Forgot to mention - I fly this girl on 2200mah 4s like I've done with all these good old Parkzone birds for years. Stock motor, stock prop and 40a esc.

Easily hundreds of flights on these (Stinson, Corsair, Mustang, T-28, etc.) without a single issue.

The Stinson will cruise nicely at 1/2 throttle or below on 4s, but can also rip down the runway into a nice vertical
Jan 31, 2022, 06:03 PM
They call me Lipo...

Ode to the ParkZone Stinson SR-10...

These things just look so graceful in the air...
ParkZone Stinson SR-10 1.3m PNP: Timeless Classic from the Golden Age of Aviation (9 min 56 sec)

Jan 31, 2022, 06:33 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
These things just look so graceful in the air...

Yes indeed!
Mar 21, 2022, 01:35 PM
They call me Lipo...

STILL...a great flying plane

Flying the PZ SR-10 on a glorious Sunday afternoon...
The ParkZone Stinson SR-10 1.3m PNP at the field on a glorious Sunday afternoon! (7 min 9 sec)

Quick Reply