Nov 08, 2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20sm
You maybe right, but think how cool the wingsuit to Zephyr footage might look .
I was thinking how cool the footage that my mate Kris could shoot would be. He would run outside video so we could get shots of close formation between wingsuit and Zephr.

Below are some pictures of Kris I took from the exit point prior to our last 2 way, a picture of the mountain from the landing area and a one I took on Canon 20D stills just after exit.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2010, 04:36 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
nice pics wingsuitdude. living the dream!!!!
Nov 08, 2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMeUp
That's quite interesting, i somehow missed that post!
Don't you get any vibration issue with that sort of mount?
No vibration problem. The SS motor bracket is bonded and now bolted through the two white plates. The two white plates are benchtop laminate (stiff and light). They are bonded to both the EPP and the 3mm ply rib that distributes the motor load fully across the the whole wing centreline section. The centreline ply rib is also connected to the outboard ribs 125mm away via the carbon wing joining tubes. It is super stiff but I can't tell you if it is crash resistant yet.... Doesn't meet your want to have a removable donk. It also limits a size and location of holes you can cut in for electronics which is a compromise I'm still fiddling with.

Here is a link to earlier photos of the split wing construction:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=212
Last edited by Roo2; Nov 08, 2010 at 11:38 PM.
Nov 09, 2010, 12:28 AM
fpv addict
Why not have another person on a secondary camera on pan tilt?
Nov 09, 2010, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleenagle
Why not have another person on a secondary camera on pan tilt?
The secondary camera would then have to have a live feed. Which would require a second video transmitter. Which would severely deteriorate the primary live feed. Which in turn would probably lead to a Zephyr flying with no pilot input. It might not like that
Nov 09, 2010, 09:17 AM
fpv addict
Daran, how do you figure?
Nov 09, 2010, 11:11 AM
sorry to come back to this guys but how do you hold down electronics in your main hatch of your zephs?

I'm also having a bit of a problem with cables being slightly too big etc and dont want to do a "birds nest" type of thing inside there...

velcro to hold them down (its only osd and current sensor) seems too bulky...
Nov 09, 2010, 11:19 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
zipties and hotglue
Nov 09, 2010, 11:31 AM
Crashomatic
My bays are just tight enough that things aren't moving I don't like when they're hard to replace (hotglue etc) and too much velcro everywhere annoys me ^^

For batteries, they're in a separate bay and they're velcro'd with strong velcro. The velcro itself is glued to the EPP with 3MP90.
Nov 09, 2010, 11:33 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
sorry, should be more specific... hotglue the zipties, not the cables! zipties can be opened with a bit of effort, but they won't open in regular use. also they're much smaller and lighter than velcro.
Nov 09, 2010, 11:36 AM
Crashomatic
oh, zip ties I did not realize somehow.
Yeah they're good. Although I didn't use/need any on my Zephyr somehow, sometimes I do, quite handy and clean. (cleaner than tape, too)
Nov 09, 2010, 11:37 AM
Zephyr 66" Blunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappy
sorry, should be more specific... hotglue the zipties, not the cables! zipties can be opened with a bit of effort, but they won't open in regular use. also they're much smaller and lighter than velcro.
That's what I use too, very small and strong. If you use the right zipties they are easy to undo with a blade or small screwdriver when you need to remove the item you are holding down.

Mark
Nov 09, 2010, 11:43 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
yup. the cable placement is incredibly critical by the way. we've seen increases in range of over 50% simply by moving one cable to the side a bit. this is why once something is properly range-tested and configured, we try our best to keep it in place. unfortunately my current zeph hasn't had this optimization yet, but I do know what cables belong where so I manually position them every other flight. as soon as I'm perfectly happy with the video quality I'll need to give it the "ziptie treatment".
Nov 09, 2010, 11:43 AM
sounds good and those where my thoughts too. I can hot glue the two main components because they have some thick strong heatshrink on them, and just for some really small cable ties (zip ties) from the workshop downstairs, they weight nothing, and should be good to give the cables some kind of order.

Still worried about big fat power wires going near (or over) video signal wires etc... will see tonight what is the best way I can route them.

edit: lol, posted about the same thing at the same time. Will probably be a good idea posting a picture of what I have at the moment.
Nov 09, 2010, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Bandarra, do not run them along the power wires, crossing them perpendicular is not as big of a problem.

Quick Reply