Sep 27, 2010, 09:20 AM
Flying FPV from the lab.
I think that if the ET OSD that you won, trappy, is not delivered - it will be a VERY public display of wrongdoing to a respected FPV member. Opinion is one thing - Action is completely different. Trappy is single handedly leading the extreme-FPV movement. It would be in a company's best interest to honor thier word for thier own reputation.

Trappy said right out - We'll see if it is any good or not - Putting his opinion of Bill's company aside to test out the OSD. Bill would have had a respected "review" of his product, that MANY fpv'ers would have read. Eagletree not sending the prize says to me that bad publicity might be coming his way... With as many OSD competitors these days, it would occur to me that a positive review from a respected member might help things?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2010, 09:31 AM
Crashomatic
It would be interesting to get Bill's reply in the forums about this issue, just to clear up his name maybe.
Sep 27, 2010, 09:57 AM
Suspended Account
feel free to ask him. trappy has been trying to get a response for almost 1 week now, but has received nothing but an initial lie followed by moderation points.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...24018&page=291
Sep 27, 2010, 10:00 AM
Post # 20 million
Grab the pitch forks, fellas.

Cheers, Kev.
Sep 27, 2010, 10:47 AM
Suspended Account
trappy just informed me he did another 10km flight, without issues this time, right out of his backyard. picture was crystal clear, but he ran out of LOS. clean electronics layout did the difference and switching to ch8 instead of ch5, seems that the VTx antenna is better tuned to that frequency. approximate range-gain is still unclear, as there was no sign of signal degradation 10km out, whereas yesterday 10km was the limit. just from gut feeling it should be over 100% range gain. so, properly lay out your electronics, boys & girls!

video coming in a few hours
Sep 27, 2010, 11:51 AM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Trappy, have you had the notion to build a properly tuned transmitter and reciever antenna for your video system? I've had GREAT luck at increasing effective range with better tree penetration building a dipole / inverted vee cut to my specific frequency.

Im sure you know most stock dipole antennas are built to be useful over the capable frequency range of the transmitter. There could be over 100mhz difference between channel 1 and 8.

Agreed - laying out my electronics properly boosted my ground range tests over 40%. Thats on 72mhz rc / 1010mhz video.
Sep 27, 2010, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
trappy isn't here so I'll try to answer instead

the VTx antennas I had lying around here as spare are on their way to ImmersionRC headquarters in Geneva where they will be tuned to TeamBlackSheep's requirements (Ch5 and Ch8). No other way to do this than with the proper measuring equipment, which none of us has at home but yes, it seems that changing frequency to the one performing best or changing antenna to match the frequency you'd like to use does increase effective range.

oh by the way, Ch5 is at the lowest end of the spectrum, 2370MHz, and Ch8 is at 2510. So there is 140MHz between the 2, and both of them are chosen because they are out of the 2.4GHz band.
Sep 27, 2010, 12:11 PM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Ahhh, you've already got a plan in place - nice! We should all send our antennas to sander for adjustment
Sep 27, 2010, 07:33 PM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
do you have any idea when trappys putting his next video up?

* nice vid! something a little different is always good!

Long range because I can (4 min 4 sec)
Last edited by fpvme; Sep 28, 2010 at 03:25 AM.
Sep 27, 2010, 09:19 PM
Flying FPV from the lab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvme
do you have any idea when trappys putting his next video up?

* nice vid! something a little different is always good!
So far, its been a pretty solid 1/month...
Sep 28, 2010, 12:13 AM
Great Britain
Hey Trappy sorry for all the questions but Im kinda in the dark with my wing

Is this iron ok for putting the laminate on?

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...xd.asp?id=5151

Im also struggling to find a suitable metal L shaped motor mount.

Also is there any reason why the control linkages for the elevons never seem to be installed at a 90 degree angle to the trailing edge of the the wing? IE as per my paint illustration? Every build I have seen, the control linkage is straight back and therefore hitting the control surface on the angle which is less efficient right?
Sep 28, 2010, 01:36 AM
Mum is the word!
Whats really ineff is having the servos way out in the wing like that to where it messes up the cg and you need to add a bunch of dead weight to ballance it.

The 90 degree thing is not as important as getting all your gear as far forward as possible, the angle is close enough that it really makes no noticable differance not having them at 90 degrees.

You can see from he vids that it flys great the eway we do it..

I have even made my mount from aluminum plate and just bent my angle into it.

Ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by est1976
Hey Trappy sorry for all the questions but Im kinda in the dark with my wing

Is this iron ok for putting the laminate on?

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...xd.asp?id=5151

Im also struggling to find a suitable metal L shaped motor mount.

Also is there any reason why the control linkages for the elevons never seem to be installed at a 90 degree angle to the trailing edge of the the wing? IE as per my paint illustration? Every build I have seen, the control linkage is straight back and therefore hitting the control surface on the angle which is less efficient right?
Sep 28, 2010, 02:16 AM
Great Britain
Thanks for the quick reply Chris, also what do you think of the iron I linked to? Any good for the lam? Its adjustable upto 420F.

Thanks Ben
Sep 28, 2010, 02:34 AM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
hey chris ile grab one of your zephyr's if you've got any left (: (:

for a motor here are a few i thaught of

this one i have and its ok (4*)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4917

or this which trappy uses on the maxi swift
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2140

props? maybe 10x5, 9.5X6, 11x7 ??

as for servos? im thinking 6kg metal gears?

what would be best for a light zephyr?

cheers, Mitch
Sep 28, 2010, 05:00 AM
Crashmeup,
Quote:
It would be interesting to get Bill's reply in the forums about this issue, just to clear up his name maybe.
You bet! It's pretty boring though compared to the fictional stuff.

To make a short story long, in mid-august Heiko asked us to sponsor the event, and we gladly agreed. We do a lot of these and will continue to do so, with Heiko and others.

After agreeing to sponsor, I got a nice thank-you email from Heiko the next day in which he mentioned he was busy getting ready for the German FPV show (cool stuff!). Since that time, we've received no other emails from them. We've also sent two emails to them, and neither has been answered. So, if the recipient address info has been sent by them, it failed to arrive, and needs to be reforwarded, PM'd, sent by carrier pigeon, or other.

FWIW, in the email I sent him last week, I was lamenting/apologizing re how the prize was unfortunately being "politicized" in posts here, and asking him how to proceed in light of this. I don't know Keiko that well yet, so hopefully he's not taking this silly stuff too hard or is embarrassed about it - hopefully he's amused by it like me.

So, who gets the prize is completely Heiko's decision - we have nothing to do with it. We're just paying for it. I'm sure he will send us the info when he gets a chance. Once we get the info, we'll email the recipient with some questions about what package option is wanted, etc., and assuming those items are in stock, will ship it. Just like always.

So, that's the story. Hope that clears it up. All the other stuff posted about this prize and about people getting moderated for asking me questions, etc., is pure theater, as usual.

Ok, back to the far more interesting topics at hand- hope people will sleep better now. Let me know if I can answer any other questions. If not, I'll be working on stuff here, here, here, etc. That's the fun stuff for me.

ssassen,
Quote:
You mean Bill from Eagletree is refusing to send you the Eagletree OSD Pro you've won fair and square in the FPV community video competition? That's just ridiculous, what does he state as a reason?
I love you man. When are you going to buy me that beer?

Quick Reply