Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 30, 2010, 05:54 AM
Skint since 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpowers
Is the zepher a good beginner fpv plane? Or should I start with something like an easystar?
Start with an easystar
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna717
Does anyone that currently flying a blunt zephyr know what the COG is? Thanks
Hi Kahuna,
The COG is between 10 and 10.5.I have try both . I prefer to set it at 10 ,track better in windy condition.

cheers.
Dec 30, 2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Is the zepher a good beginner fpv plane? Or should I start with something like an easystar?
Hi max,
Do u know how to fly an rc plane?.if you don't then start with an easystar.If you can fly, you can go with a zeph right away.Awesome wings and unbreakeable too,but take it easy for the first flight.

Cheers.
Dec 30, 2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
maxpowers my advice to you: Start with something that you think your balls can handle
Dec 30, 2010, 12:22 PM
Ok, so I've decided: I will use two 4s batteries in Parallel with a "Y" harness which will give me 14.8v and 6600mah combined. From here I will need to power up my VTx with 5v and my Camera with 12v. I was thinking stepping down voltage from 14.8v to 5v using the NG step down regulator found here: http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....roducts_id=294
and then stepping the voltage up to 12v from that 5v to power my Camera. Will this work??
Dec 30, 2010, 12:36 PM
fpv addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynewyear
Attention all Ritewing Zephyr pilots:
Check your elevon stiffness without control horns! If your elevons drop from gravity alone when not attached to the servos, they are not stiff enough. if you lose a servo, control horn or something like that, the plane goes into a death spiral and you will not be able to recover. on the other hand, if the elevons are stiff the plane is still controllable and flyable with limitations, but enough for a manual flight back home.
Please do a video or explain how you are hinging your elevons
Dec 30, 2010, 12:40 PM
fpv addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boriska64
Does anyone else think that Trappy has been on vacation for way to long?)
Isn't a vacation meant to be 5 days only?
Dec 30, 2010, 12:56 PM
nah. it's permanent.
Dec 30, 2010, 02:37 PM
NDw
NDw
Quote:
happynewyear to all you ritewingophiles too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN9xP8t86DU
Gotta say that was awesome. And great reactions to keep it going.
Dec 30, 2010, 04:14 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart
nah. it's permanent.
I'm thinking of a certain Aerosmith song right now.
Dec 30, 2010, 04:45 PM
Okay guys, I'm stuck. I do not want a super heavy zephyr (shooting for sub 1.8kg with GoPro), and 5-8km range is WAY more than I will probably ever use. Is it worth using 4s batteries, or will 3s work fine (and with what motor)? I'd like to stay away from hobbyking setups (Hacker?).

Thanks!!
-Kevin
Dec 30, 2010, 04:59 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Attention all Ritewing Zephyr pilots:
Check your elevon stiffness without control horns! If your elevons drop from gravity alone when not attached to the servos, they are not stiff enough. if you lose a servo, control horn or something like that, the plane goes into a death spiral and you will not be able to recover. on the other hand, if the elevons are stiff the plane is still controllable and flyable with limitations, but enough for a manual flight back home.
Raphael,
"Enough for manual flight back home" I would like to see that? If you lose a servo on a flying wing you will only have roll control with NO pitch control. You need both elevons for pitch control. Plus you are assuming that the servo dies with the elevon in the level flight position.
Dec 30, 2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmart
Okay guys, I'm stuck. I do not want a super heavy zephyr (shooting for sub 1.8kg with GoPro), and 5-8km range is WAY more than I will probably ever use. Is it worth using 4s batteries, or will 3s work fine (and with what motor)? I'd like to stay away from hobbyking setups (Hacker?).

Thanks!!
-Kevin
Nevermind. I'd rather have too much than not enough. Going 4S 2650 packs, and the Hacker A30-10L/ 55A esc.
Dec 30, 2010, 06:40 PM
Metric FTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight01
Hi max,
Do u know how to fly an rc plane?.if you don't then start with an easystar.If you can fly, you can go with a zeph right away.Awesome wings and unbreakeable too,but take it easy for the first flight.

Cheers.
yeh been flying for a couple of years, just wanting to get into fpv especially now after seeing trappys vids, although i wouldnt be flying down many cliff faces here in aus lol.
I was thinking the zephyr would be good as it's so durable and simple and wings in general perform well flying slow and fast.
Dec 30, 2010, 09:20 PM
So forum, (and Sander maybe you can provide some valuable feedback about this stuff):

How do you compare:
A) http://www.dimensionengineering.com/DE-SW050.htm
--TO--
B) http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....roducts_id=294

--------AND------
C) http://www.dimensionengineering.com/DE-SWADJ.htm
--TO--
D) http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=316

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically 'A' --OR-- 'B' Could give me 1A @ 5v to power up my VTx
While ('A' OR 'B') + 'D' --OR-- 'C' Could give me 1A @ 12v to power up my Camera

Is 250 mAh enough to power up DX201 camera? or Should I go with 1A?...Ok, I am going to answer this one myself, the manual says <2W power consumption for DX201 which is a 12v camera, meaning it would require 166mAh of current to work.

Has anyone used any products by Dimension Engineering? Any feedback on those?

Thanks!
Last edited by Boriska64; Dec 30, 2010 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply