Thread Tools
Jun 12, 2011, 10:14 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Weight doesn't matter in models large enough to even use this size fan. However, the new motor will be about 10oz lighter with thrust similar to the PRO version on 12S, but it will not handle more than 12S.

The thrust the Hacker setup puts out is 1.5 pounds less than the PRO version (which weighs 1 pound more).
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2011, 11:25 AM
Registered User
FliteMetal's Avatar
Jim,

What is availability of the Xtreme PRO as of 6-23-2011? We are rapidly approaching our need for four systems for the B-47's.
Jun 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
We are waiting on the new version of the motors to arrive. We placed the order several weeks ago (after approving the brand new V2 PRO motor).
Jun 23, 2011, 04:13 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
rvincent's Avatar
What changes were made Jim? Any pics of the V2?
Jun 23, 2011, 06:14 PM
Registered User
FliteMetal's Avatar

V2 Differentials


Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
We are waiting on the new version of the motors to arrive. We placed the order several weeks ago (after approving the brand new V2 PRO motor).
Q1: Is V2 the same weight and dims as V1? I designed our bifurcation splitter such that it is close tolerance to perimeter profile of V1 CAD image.

Q2: Would I be so fortunate as to have access to the V2 2D-CAD profile so I can edit my nacelles and removable pylon blades?

Ed
Jun 23, 2011, 08:47 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
The weight of the V2 motor is .75 oz more.

The biggest change was that we no longer use a standard 8mm shaft that is pressed into the end bell. Instead, we have a billet shaft with one end being a large plate. The shaft passes through then end bell and the plate bolts to the end bell. This prevents any possibility of the bell being able to "wobble", no matter what happens. We found that after 35,000 RPMs centrifical force can start distorting things, and cause balance issues. Now that we have 18S/24S controllers available to us, we can really start tweaking things! We have the highest power Dynamax fans courtesy of our 20Kw motor.

We don't have drawings, and I don't know what "pylon blades" you are referring to.
Last edited by JimDrew; Jun 23, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
Jun 23, 2011, 09:08 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
rvincent's Avatar
18s? You got some love for your CA friend
Jun 23, 2011, 09:22 PM
Registered User
FliteMetal's Avatar

V2 Pro Motor Spec & Dims


Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The weight of the V2 motor is .75 oz more.
The biggest change was that we no longer use a standard 8mm shaft that is pressed into the end bell. Instead, we have a billet
shaft with one end being a large plate. The shaft passes through then end bell and the plate bolts to the end bell. This prevents
any possibility of the bell being able to "wobble", no matter what happens. We found that after 35,000 RPMs centrifical force can
start distorting things, and cause balance issues. Now that we have 18S/24S controllers available to us, we can really start tweaking
things! We have the highest power Dynamax fans courtesy of our 20Kw motor. We don't have drawings, and I don't know what
"pylon blades" you are referring to.
Jim,

A B-47 has inboard and outboard pylons onto which nacelles are mounted. I designed our inboard nacelles to be removable rather
than having to lay on our back screwing with things...ala recip-ducted-fan back-in-the-day crap!



Since I am birfurcated within the inboard nacelles and a receiver box has been designed into the pylon so the EDF, ESC, batteries,
and outrigger retract units are all mounted onto the blade insert which goes into pylon.







Thanks for the latest facts.... see you again in three to four weeks for four Pro systems.
Last edited by FliteMetal; Jun 23, 2011 at 10:01 PM.
Jun 23, 2011, 11:29 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
18s? You got some love for your CA friend
As soon as we get the first batch of production units in-house, I can get you one. I am looking forward to switching to the 100v/200A versions. Those will be perfect for our large EDF applications. The 18S version is a huge step up from what we have had in the past.
Jun 23, 2011, 11:33 PM
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
wingspan100's Avatar
Can you get the motors and ESC's for large planes with props?
Equivalent 100cc, 150cc, 200cc gas to electric conversions?
Jun 24, 2011, 12:48 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
We will have the ESC's, but we do not have any intention of building motors for prop planes (today)... who knows though. We have a friend with a 50% Yak that wants to get rid of the 270cc gas engine and replace it with electric power.
Jun 24, 2011, 12:49 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by FliteMetal
Thanks for the latest facts.... see you again in three to four weeks for four Pro systems.
Nothing will change for you. The motor length and fan did not change from the original design you worked with.
Jun 24, 2011, 02:34 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
rvincent's Avatar
I need a work trip to Parker or Phoenix so I can stop by and catch up I can't wait for big jolt just to hang out and fly with you guys! Looking forward to it a great deal! I'm going to take a few days off even so I won't get called in
Jun 24, 2011, 10:17 AM
Registered User
FliteMetal's Avatar

Wire Length


Jim,

Another question:

What is the length of wire coming out of the V2 motor? Ice HV has a 5" wire. This is our planned
arrangement for the removable pylon blades with esc, V2, & batteries.
Jun 24, 2011, 10:21 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Good for you! It will be quite fun (again) at the Big Jolt event.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My new R1/Dynamax Fan -- T-38 and Foremost 150 CRCJA Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 25 Jun 16, 2016 07:30 PM
Wanted XPS/Littlescreamer Dynamax Fan system RCSCALEGUY Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jul 16, 2010 12:47 AM
Sold NEW XPS / Little Screamers Dynamax Xtreme Fan System badbill Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 May 19, 2010 09:05 PM
Discussion Formost 150 & XPS Dynamax fan system bruff Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 12 Jan 03, 2010 11:36 AM
For Sale NIB Dynamax ducted fan propulsion system for OS .91 DF engine WARBIRDMAN Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 14, 2005 05:30 PM