Feb 14, 2011, 01:29 PM
fast
have you tried to input less channels ?
constant frame rate is set to 26ms( I 've read about TLRS specs - longer frame won't work) but if there are too many channels or they all 2ms minimal sinc of 5.5ms preserved and frames may grow in length (something gotta give !)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2011, 02:08 PM
I tried less channels, but 36ms don't make any sense, the sync frame is 19ms long???. Also, constant sync or constant frame setting don't change anything.

With 8ch I have 19ms frame rate
Mar 20, 2011, 04:17 AM
Dave Mackie
hi, i ordered ppm mixer a few weeks ago, just wondering what the eta might be

cheers

dave
May 16, 2011, 03:36 AM
Do You have fmkit to FX-30 Futaba ?
My fx-30 not compatibile with TLRS because frame is variable.
Jun 02, 2011, 11:29 PM
FMKit, I apologize for writing you here, but what is the best way to contact you with regards to a PPM Mixer that I ordered in April?

I have emailed and PM'd you but received no response to either. But I see you are still active on RCGroups.

If you are not making the PPM Mixer anymore, or you have ceased to sell items, that is ok, just please let us know by posting here. Otherwise, can you please contact me offline with information regarding my order?

Luke
Jul 25, 2011, 02:06 PM

Configuring the PPM Mixer

Hi Peter,
I just got my ppm mixers, thanks a lot for sending them out.
I have a futaba fx18 and TLRS, I want to add simply 3 channels, one switch, one three way switch and a potentiometer.
How do i hook it up? Because the appearance change drastically since the first pic youve made, and second how to configure it?
Thanks
Sp1k3
Jul 25, 2011, 06:16 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1k3
Hi Peter,
I just got my ppm mixers, thanks a lot for sending them out.
I have a futaba fx18 and TLRS, I want to add simply 3 channels, one switch, one three way switch and a potentiometer.
How do i hook it up? Because the appearance change drastically since the first pic youve made, and second how to configure it?
Thanks
Sp1k3
These are new version, now you can store failsaves and all channels store absolute position once configured, if input PPM breaks last stored failsave output instead until connection fixed.
The mixer is setup just like RF beacon with single button and LED
setup codes start with 6 fast clicks then enter one digit to verify stored params or two digits to set new, fast clicks make up numbers and 1-4s pause used to separate numbers. To enter Zero click any number above 15(input A), 10(input B),1(button config) or 2 (analog channels)
To store PPM A and B failsaves hold button until LED turned of(some 4s),if valid PPM present on input A or B new failsave will overwrite old setting,if only one input was active then it will update while other input FS remain old.

Note: the mixer outputs constant sinc PPM which is readable by realflight sim,frsky RF modules and all my other equipment. I have no access to TLRS and never tested if it works..

example setup codes:
6.1.5. five channels reserved for input A even if input less than that and channels above 5 ignored

6.2.2. two channels reserved for input B, if connecting headtracker set it to output 1st two channels and set mixer to input only 2.

6.3.1 momentary switch button added to output PPM as last channel
6.3.2 button can be used to setup the mixer but not included in output PPM

6.4.1 Add only one analog channel (pot)
6.4.2 add two (re-use input B )

6.2 read memory, returns two numbers, here is 2 blinks to indicate input B and second number is channels reserved, one solid blink mean zero.
Last edited by fmkit; Jul 25, 2011 at 06:30 PM.
Jul 25, 2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
the mixer outputs constant sinc PPM
That make it incompatible with TLRS and dragonlink
Jul 25, 2011, 08:39 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeone
who needs constant frame rate ? it just makes system slow responding
until introduction to TLRS and dragonlink I've never heard of constant sinc rate
In my opinion TLRS and dragonlink users need firmware upgrade cause 12ch+5ms sinc require 29ms frame , add RX decoding time and you end up with world slowest responding system , compare with 3ms latency of normal 2.4g gear (Futaba etc..)
Jul 26, 2011, 04:56 PM
just tried the new mixers, and can confirm they don't work with the tlrs.
havent hooked them up to the osci yet, so i can't confirm that the mixer itself works as advertised. But i can hardly imagine i did anything wrong. with the manual above it all seems quite easy.

the indicator leds on the receiver blink (indicating no signal) stop blinking for a short time and move servos to neutral, then start blinking again, and repeat that process in rather random intervals ...

Jul 30, 2011, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeone
Yep, it doesnt work with TRLS, we need constant fame rate. Any chance in updating the firmware?
Honestly, to me it doesnt matter if it is slow, just as long as it works...
PLus I will probably use only 10 channels...
Jul 30, 2011, 03:14 AM
I use tlrs
and jr 11x in ppm8 mode
ppm9 confuses tlrs when all 9 channels get sent max
can I use this device to put head tracking into 7+8 ?
how about 8+9?
how about 11+12?

totally confused ATM
Aug 02, 2011, 02:33 AM
FMKit, finally I receive my PPM mixer, thank you. I have not yet got it to work, but I have just noticed my Tx (JR9303) has PPM voltage up to Vbat (+10 volts). I wonder if I have damaged my mixer...

On your website you indicate placing a 1K resistor in series with PPM to the mixer - will this be adequate for a 10 volt signal, or should I create a voltage divider, optocoupler, or some other gizmo?

Luke

EDIT: I guess I will also have the problem going out the other way, PPM mixer only puts out 5v signal, I may have to boost it back up to 10... sigh...
Last edited by LukeZ; Aug 02, 2011 at 02:39 AM.
Aug 02, 2011, 06:28 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc863
I use tlrs
and jr 11x in ppm8 mode
ppm9 confuses tlrs when all 9 channels get sent max
can I use this device to put head tracking into 7+8 ?
how about 8+9?
how about 11+12?

totally confused ATM
if you can configure your headtracker to ouput 1st two channels then input them to B pin, limit A input to 7channels to ouput HT ch7+8 or any oher position incl 11+12.

Luke: normally all high voltage PPM inputs and outputs work with the mixer as long as there is 470ohm-1kOhm series resistor.

BTW, now I'm testing my own LRS that can input multiple PPMs and output up to 40 true PWM channls (harware PWM). The system is compatible with Flytron OpenLRS so you can buy nice receivers here and ask encoder from me.
My LRS is 2 times faster/responsive than Flytrons, but the system is open source so you can set whatever mode using Arduino tools.
I'm using Cypress chips thats why 40 output PWMs is possible
Aug 02, 2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks FMKit. I have attached a 1K resistor and nothing seems to be fried, however, I am having some problems so maybe I did fry it...

The behavior of the button does not seem correct. When I turn the button on (6.3.1), it works as expected - a button PPM channel is appended to end. But when I turn button off (6.3.2), the button is still active - only instead of being appended to last channel, it instead overwrites last channel of PPM B.

Does this mean I fried my chip, or is there a bug in software?

Also I am trying to mix my Flytron DT-3K headtracker on PPM B. I set PPM Mixer B to only input 2 channels (6.2.2). Then I set Flytron to PPM-Create on Channel 1 & 2. I confirm Flytron works on oscilloscope. But, PPM Mixer ignores the signals.

However, if I set Flytron to Channels 2 & 3, and PPM Mixer B to input 3 channels, the PPM Mixer reads all three correctly (of course in this case channel 1 is nothing, it is a centered channel generated by DT-3K). So for some reason PPM Mixer doesn't like DT-3K on channel 1 & 2.

Or, maybe this is all caused because I corrupted firmware when I applied 10 volt PPM on Input A. But I would think if the chip was fried, it would just be dead completely.

Can you confirm any of these problems on your end Peter? At the least it should be easy for you to check the button behavior.

Luke