Jul 19, 2010, 06:28 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
Thread OP
Discussion

NE Free Spirit or Walkera V200D01

Two choices...

NE Free Spirit with extra battery, tail blade, MIA Phantom Canopy, Stabilizers Kit, MIA Custom Main Blades Kit, MIA Carbon Tail Boom Kit - $150

Walkera V200D01 with extra blades and an extra battery - $265

The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the V200 is no reviews from anyone yet! How has no one written anything about this little flyer!!??

I like both helis very much, but the Walkera is so much sexier. The NE is great too, but she sure ain't a looker! I'd like to make a purchase tomorrow or Wednesday...advice, discuss, help!

BTW...I like to fly outdoors, nothing crazy...no wind...mostly in the early morning or late evening.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2010, 08:10 PM
Any reason you want a V200 rather then the V120? You can get a V120 for ~$220 shipped from several places.

Dan
Jul 19, 2010, 08:25 PM
EDIT: I got a little confused between the Free Spirit and the Free Spirit Micro... Duh
So I can't really help you with that particular model.

The reason the V200 has not got any reviews, is because they have only just come out and only a few online sellers have them in stock ATM. Also, people are VERY wary about buying the first incarnation of anything Walkera puts out. They are known to put out half-finished products, and letting the paying public do their "beta testing".

I like the look of the V200 myself. That would be my personal choice between the two you've listed. Simply due to the size, ease of flying with the 3 axis gyro, (which can be turned down as you get better acquainted with the machine) and the fact that there is no flybar to break. This will be my next heli, assuming the "beta testing" goes well, and I can figure out what scale fuse will fit it the best (assuming the 180Q airwolf).

Personally, I would go for the V200, mainly because I know more about it and it will hopefully become a popular model along with all the community support that you get on these forums. Walkera's QA is a bit of a gamble at the best of times, (it seems) yet I am actually tempted myself to be one of the "beta testers" with this one.
Last edited by Fly-a-kite; Jul 19, 2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Got the wrong end of the stick...
Jul 19, 2010, 08:33 PM
Actually the little green coax is called a Free Spirit Micro the regular Free Spirit is a bigger (180 size?) single rotor with a 45* flybar.

Dan
Jul 19, 2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the correction Dan.

I think Nine Eagles did that on purpose just to confuse people like me. It seems that Walkera is not the only ones to try that.
Jul 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Is the Walkera V200D01 a flybarless FP or CP?
Jul 19, 2010, 10:18 PM
Cranky old fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Is the Walkera V200D01 a flybarless FP or CP?
Any fool knows D01 means FP!
Jul 19, 2010, 10:19 PM
Its a FP and here is a review from Xheli

http://www.youtube.com/user/xhelicop.../3/avwP8CRpoy4

Nick
Jul 19, 2010, 10:41 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
lmao lol

opps - silly me lol

what you think of this heli balr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
Any fool knows D01 means FP!
Jul 19, 2010, 10:59 PM
Cranky old fart
I like the size better than the 120 version. It should have much quicker response than most FP helis. The blade shape is more like the wooden ones used on the GuruZ, which should provide better headspeed and more stability. It appears to wobble some in the video. I would be concerned about the motor and servos. I don't think it will be as easy to fly as many poeple would like, but it would be a pleasant change from Hiller linkage.
Jul 19, 2010, 11:04 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
It does wobble in some vids yes; I noticed that as well.
Xheli vid it performed well - time will tell I guess.

EFlite really needs to get with the program.
They lack brushless, 3 axis, torque tail micros and now flybarless micros. I don't mind EFlite but they seem to be behind the times with helis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
I like the size better than the 120 version. It should have much quicker response than most FP helis. The blade shape is more like the wooden ones used on the GuruZ, which should provide better headspeed and more stability. It appears to wobble some in the video. I would be concerned about the motor and servos. I don't think it will be as easy to fly as many poeple would like, but it would be a pleasant change from Hiller linkage.
Jul 19, 2010, 11:53 PM
The wobble is likely a result of the gyro, you need to carefully set the gyro gains to dial it out. It doesn't have much impact on flight characteristics however.

Quick Reply