Jul 19, 2010, 11:35 AM
Yippee!

Flying my radian from a moving boat. Landing on the flying bridge.

We are on my 37' Marinette. We had my 22' boat in an along side tow. Many dogs below. Waves were moving us around. And it was pretty windy. Probably too windy given my skills. But hey, you only go around once.

So here you go.
RCAirplanelandingon boat.AVI (2 min 19 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2010, 03:42 PM
Nice video, nice plane, nice boat, but the barken dogs got to go!!
Jul 19, 2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacx
Nice video, nice plane, nice boat, but the barken dogs got to go!!
That was one of EIGHT freaking dogs I had on board. I took a bunch of people camping on an island and made the mistake of telling everyone to brong their dogs.... Jez.. And the worst part was that some A-hole showed up on a little boat. he had two of his own little yap dogs tied to a tree...they barked all night. I damned near shot the thing.
Jul 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
"Where are the shovels?"
I really wanted to do this with a couple of wings earlier this summer, however the house my family was planning on renting was filled for the summer. Ironic, because we OWN the house and rent to others anyways try to land it on the boat while its moving! With some surran wrap, you could put it in the drink and still not hurt a thing
Jul 19, 2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise guy
I really wanted to do this with a couple of wings earlier this summer, however the house my family was planning on renting was filled for the summer. Ironic, because we OWN the house and rent to others anyways try to land it on the boat while its moving! With some surran wrap, you could put it in the drink and still not hurt a thing
I've done it once. More to come.

Next time i'm going to mount a keychain video on the plane, soar around the mountains and come back down onto the boat. But next time I'll use the smaller boat. Possibly my hotliner.
Jul 19, 2010, 08:22 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Lol that was funny man. Good stuff, you got balls.
Jul 19, 2010, 08:35 PM
This past Saturday i flew my Super cub Lp on floats from the front of my pontoon while my friend drove. We were testing to see how far it would fly on a battery pack. To my surprise, it flew the 2 miles from our swimming hole back to my dock and still had enough juice left for a few more ROW and landings. I did try to keep it at half throttle or about 13mph the whole time. Quite fun!
Jul 19, 2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehrscott4
This past Saturday i flew my Super cub Lp on floats from the front of my pontoon while my friend drove. We were testing to see how far it would fly on a battery pack. To my surprise, it flew the 2 miles from our swimming hole back to my dock and still had enough juice left for a few more ROW and landings. I did try to keep it at half throttle or about 13mph the whole time. Quite fun!
You from louisville? This was taken Sunday comming from 18 mileisland. I flew off of 12 last weekend. Send me an IM and i'll give you contact info.

Matt

BTW: This is everyone trying to talk me out of doing this before I did it.

Nofaith.AVI (0 min 31 sec)
Jul 20, 2010, 05:33 AM
Yep im from Louisville but we were flying at my lake house at Nolin Lake. I also have a Radian and love it. I have wondered about trying to put floats on it as well but that would mess up its thermal abilities for sure. And the river is a little to rough and windy to try and fly the Super Cub.
Jul 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehrscott4
Yep im from Louisville but we were flying at my lake house at Nolin Lake. I also have a Radian and love it. I have wondered about trying to put floats on it as well but that would mess up its thermal abilities for sure. And the river is a little to rough and windy to try and fly the Super Cub.
I too have a Super Cub. And I fly on the river. I would have been flying that but my Deans connector came undone and I didn't have a way of fixing it.
Jul 20, 2010, 11:14 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Very nice but not so good ending for this guy
RC Airplane Hangar 9 alpha 40 flying from boat .mpg (10 min 57 sec)
Jul 20, 2010, 11:49 AM
Im really thinking about getting the E-Flite Beaver Platinum edition as my next float plane. Its a much more substantial plane than the super cub and looks so real in the air.
Aug 05, 2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Very nice but not so good ending for this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJZda8db0-c
That plane flew for a LONG time before he ditched. I have a few more videos. Let me get them uploaded.