This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 18, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Just a random question... and a couple "Thank Yous"

Just curious as to how many people REALLY look at my blog on here? The little counter thing says some huge number all the time, but how many people acctually take the time to look at the stuff I write on here? If you regularly come here an see what Im up to, please post something and let me know! If you just recently stumbled over my insanity, put something up and let me know!

In other news...

My wonderful wife Kristy, Kmopar69 here on RCG, has also quit smoking! She is doing great and hasn't killed anyone (yet). Im very proud of her and Im sure she will keep it up and do great! Love ya honey!

And then there is this...

I recently posted a "Wanted" add here on RCG looking for a used micro cub or similar plane (this one). About a day later, I get a PM from a fella named "andersot" offering to send me a Vapor for free! I told him I would be happy to pay for it, but he insisted. So, we not have a Vapor on the way over here for some indoor flying. Thank you Andersot!

Then "justplainold" sent me a PM offering up a couple of the "brick" batteries. Man, I tell ya, I just cant get over the kindness and generosity of all of you guys here on RCG! Thanks Justplainold!

Just shortly after that, I got a PM from another fella named Garret H. Garret H saw my thread, and offered to send me money to help buy a indoor plane. Of course I told him thank you, but I couldnt let him do that. So, instead, ol' Garret H "one upped" that... He started a thread to raise money to buy us two indoor planes! (this one). Well, didnt take Garret H long and he got reported by some dillweed and earned a couple warning points, but not before he collected enough money to order us two planes! Looks like we have a couple of the new PZ Champ ultra micro planes on the way here! Thank you everyone on RCG that helped out with that one! The guys will have a ball with them! And to the guy who reported Garret H... you will get yours buddy. What comes around goes around!

And Deckert...you are the man!

Lastly, I want to thank Deckert one more time. I FINALLY got myself and one of the guys out and we flew the Lee Ulinger Edge 540s that he got custom made and donated to us. Yes it was "illegal" to fly them outside here on KAF, and yes it could get me in a mess of trouble, but dang it, we just couldn't let them sit here!
Castle, Venom, BMK, LUM, APC and Empire all pitched in along with a substantial amount from Deckert himself to get 5 complete setups over here to us. We got two of them out today and had a BLAST! I flew about 25 minutes. Man it felt good! Im not a 3D guy at all, but those planes are awesome! REALLY powerful, good sized, fast, responsive, just all out fun! We got some pretty good video and we will get it up loaded asap. I'll post it in my blog when its up.

Lastly, I'll toss up a couple random photos from recent times. Just so you have something to look at too!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Laine.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2010, 02:14 PM
AMA 125691
I have been reading your blog for a couple years now. There is always a link to it on the front page of rcgroups in the "Featured Blogs" box, every time you make a new post.
You do some amazing things!

Keep up the good work. Stay safe and come home soon.
Jul 18, 2010, 02:38 PM
RIP Bryce Russell Love U!
I read your blog all the time!

Thanks for all of your encouragement!

I LOVE YOU!!!
Jul 18, 2010, 03:41 PM
Flying low is expensive.
I read your blog whenever it appears in the "featured blogs" section. You always have interesting stuff to say and cool pictures to look at.

Thanks for serving our country and keeping us posted on the RC stuff that happens where you are stationed!

Keep it up!
Jul 18, 2010, 04:03 PM
0Gravity
I too read it all the time and pipe in every once in a while!!
Jul 18, 2010, 06:32 PM
Fly Low
I read it and normally try to leave a nice comment ....
Jul 18, 2010, 06:35 PM
I hate waiting for parts
You blog is always a "Featured Blog" so it's always on the left-side of the main page. That's one reason why it gets so much traffic. Not only that, you're a damn cool guy that plays with R/C toys like the rest of us, and you do it while defending our freedom and the freedom of others (thank you, again!). Add in the fact that you've always got something interesting to say, and that explains why your blog gets such high traffic. I check it almost daily to see if you have added/updated content.

Stay safe!
Jul 18, 2010, 06:39 PM
markkyser

Hey W.O. I assume

My son is in Iraq right now, second tour, but I fly RC in Monaville Tx. I'm new to this web site and my son also flies with me when he's home. Wher are you from? I will be checking your blog to see how you are, so let me know.
Also, I was in the first gulf war "Desert Storm", and I don't know how old you are but I Thank You for your service to this Great Country.
Hopefully, if you and all others serving can stay in long enough yall' will have a "commander-in chief" worth fighting for. Take care and look forward to hearing from you.

markkyser@yahoo.com
Jul 18, 2010, 07:44 PM
yep. . . just stumbled upon it, and I really have to say that it is a great blog! good job
Jul 18, 2010, 08:35 PM
I read your blog all the time! It is always nice to read some interesting and unusual stuff.
Keep it up!

HT
Jul 18, 2010, 09:06 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Laine,
I think I have read every blog post your have written. I don't usually respond or post on everyone. I enjoy the pictures you post. Nice to see where you are and what the country looks like. I must say that to you and your bride, great that you both are quitting smoking. I know it is hard, yet you and her will prevail.
All you got to do is ask, most of the people here will provide and when people report people for trying to help any service person spend their free time, that is just plain wrong.
Stay safe,
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Jul 18, 2010, 10:12 PM
Damn those UAVs are sexy.. stay safe
Jul 18, 2010, 10:28 PM
Cranky old fart
I watched your blog since the SRT10. I'm not fond of planes, but I love the SRT10 pickup truck. I saw SRT10, turned out to be a plane, but you had my interest. You do a lot of very interesting stuff and bring a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people. Plus, I have to see you get home safe.
Jul 18, 2010, 10:36 PM
sleep hard
i'm also a regular reader. always interesting stuff, nice photos, and being in the "featured blogs" section a lot doesn't hurt either.

all the best, dave
Jul 18, 2010, 11:19 PM
Thread OP
Pretty cool. Never really knew that people made it a point to come here. Thanks everyone.

You guys make comments, so I continue to tell ya about stuff. Its a big circle!

Laine.

Quick Reply