Jul 17, 2010, 02:12 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Help Honey bee FP flight problem now with video.

During flight it lost contact with the helicopter and it resulted in a laborious crash from 20 feet I've changed almost every part on it, have checked the main shaft is straight. I do not know what is wrong now. when I do not have main rotors mounted it rotate fine without problems but as soon as they are put on, things go badly wrong, I have tried several pairs of main blades with the same result, I have recorded a video so you can see it. hope there is one who knows the solution to my problem.

Honey bee FP problem.AVI (0 min 46 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2010, 08:01 AM
Just a guess.

It sounds like your pinion might be slipping on the main motor shaft.
Jul 17, 2010, 10:26 AM
Cranky old fart
Main shaft or main gear still looks bent and may have bad teeth in main gear. On closer inspection, I suspect the problem is the blade holder.
Jul 17, 2010, 10:46 AM
Jesus Freak
yeah, looks like bent shaft, but it also looks like your shaft is moving vertically, have you made sure the gear is pushed all the way up and the shaft collar pushed all the way down?
Jul 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
The main blades appear to be in the same 'bent' position at the end of the run up as they are at the beginning. That means to me that they are probably overtightened. Also, try starting with the blades in the correct position and see what happens. The blades should be just tight enough so they don't fall under their own weight.

I know that on my Bee if my main blades are not straight, it shows a very marked 'wobble'.

Don
Jul 19, 2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don
The main blades appear to be in the same 'bent' position at the end of the run up as they are at the beginning. That means to me that they are probably overtightened. Also, try starting with the blades in the correct position and see what happens. The blades should be just tight enough so they don't fall under their own weight.

I know that on my Bee if my main blades are not straight, it shows a very marked 'wobble'.

Don
Actually, the rule of thumb is for them to be just loose enough so they DO fall under their own weight.
Jul 19, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hi Jack,

I use SuperBlades XP on my Honey Bee V2. They are a very tight fit on the hubs even with the screws completely loose. So, I guess, we'll have to agree to disagree on that point. However, I've found that more important than how tight the blades are is how evenly they are tightened. One blade tighter than the other will cause problems no matter how loose or tight we like them.

In dodt's video, the blades are almost at right angles to each other when they start. That alone is going to induce massive vibration especially if they are very tight. Since they seem to be in nearly the same skewed position when they spin down, they're obviously tight enough that centrifugal force is not able to straighten them out.

I again suggest he start with the blades aligned properly and see if the vibration is still there. If it is, at least he will have eliminated one element from the equation.

Don
Last edited by Digital Don; Jul 19, 2010 at 08:40 PM.
Jul 20, 2010, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
In Denmark, just now it's summer, so my wife did not let me have my helicopter whit on holiday, so I have to wait to arrive home again.

/dodt
Jul 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
it might be a bearing gone on the main shaft, a s the head appears to stay stationary

Quick Reply