Sep 05, 2018, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I love my Night Vapor and have been enjoying it since it first came out. I was checking it out yesterday and noticed the elevator control rod guide had broken free. I tried CA'ing it back in place but that didn't work too well. I finally just fashioned a guide out of a little piece of twisty wire and wired it in place. She's now ready for some cool, calm Fall night flying.

Name: Night vapor.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 17.9 KB
Description:
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2018, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
Yeah, I love my Night Vapor and have been enjoying it since it first came out. I was checking it out yesterday and noticed the elevator control rod guide had broken free. I tried CA'ing it back in place but that didn't work too well. I finally just fashioned a guide out of a little piece of twisty wire and wired it in place. She's now ready for some cool, calm Fall night flying.

Attachment 11193026
Vary cool. Seems like it was some where between 2012
and 2014 I got my first. I think i replaced the prop and gear
maybe once. Few chips on the landing gear. Other wise looks
and fly's great. Most used aircraft I ever owned.
Drifter...
Sep 06, 2018, 06:31 AM
NV is a great plane! They really thought it out including the modular landing gear and great flying characteristic. I can spot land it on the kitchen counter or even an ottoman.

My only regret was buying the HP first...what a piece of garbage that plane is.

I now have two NV's!
Jun 19, 2019, 03:50 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
I just finished two flights on my 10-year old Night Vapor. I fly late at night in the cul-de-sac street in front of my house. Wind is dead-calm and no cars are bruising the air. Pitch black except for a few house lights. I have DX9 programmed for 30% Travel and 100% Expo on both rudder and elevator for extremely smooth control input. Transmitter backlight is turned off and flight timer is set for 7 minutes. Flights are conducted at about 10’ altitude and 50% throttle. A 70mAh LiPo gives 7:30 flight time with power remaining for nice landing flair.

This is an incredibly efficient machine...

Quick Reply