Nov 16, 2010, 05:41 PM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Bought a night vapor today

Are there any preventative mods I should do?
Nope! Mine have been flown hard and are still in good shape.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2010, 06:58 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thanks Andy

I miss my first vapor for relaxing night flights so I got this one and it's better because of lights. I flew mine a lot last winter and it works well in colder temps. I was surprised.
Nov 16, 2010, 09:24 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
Not counting unplanned impacts with solid objects what is the life span of the little motor? I have about 50 flights on mine now. I have 5 lipos and never have to wait to fly.
I have flown it in a surprising amount of wind too!
best is calm or a very light breeze.

I am flying my NV with a Dx6i and have had zero issues so far. But since I fly it so much I started thinking about how long the motor will last.
Anyone know?
Wes
Nov 16, 2010, 09:32 PM
Thread OP
My motors are still going fine. One of the gearboxes makes more noise than the other one, but that's about it.
Nov 16, 2010, 09:36 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
i have a dx6i as well

any mixes or settings i should be aware of that help flight characteristics?
Nov 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
Thread OP
No mixes are necessary, but you would benefit from setting up dual rates and expo. If you watch the videos from my review, you'll see me flying the original Vapor using my DX7. I have it set up with a lot of expo and dual rates and I'm able to drive that thing around so smooth it ain't even funny. Fun stuff for sure!

Andy
Nov 16, 2010, 09:41 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
will do

thanks

i wanna take her outside for night flight maiden but its raining

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-grose
No mixes are necessary, but you would benefit from setting up dual rates and expo. If you watch the videos from my review, you'll see me flying the original Vapor using my DX7. I have it set up with a lot of expo and dual rates and I'm able to drive that thing around so smooth it ain't even funny. Fun stuff for sure!

Andy
Nov 16, 2010, 09:42 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, rain wouldn't be too good on the Vapor. A few drops of water would weigh more than the whole plane, right?
Nov 16, 2010, 10:58 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
lol i hear ya.

i missed my old vapor - soo much fun to fly at night.

i used to fly it in - 15 to -20 C weather - no lie.

the motor doesnt draw high amps for the lipo doesnt die fast

i even made snow ski's for it - which ill probably do again.

flying infront of the moon was always nice and when the bats chased it................ oh and I had a fox go after it once as well lol

good times

but

now I have nav lights lol

let the fun begin.

Quote:
Yeah, rain wouldn't be too good on the Vapor. A few drops of water would weigh more than the whole plane, right?
Nov 16, 2010, 11:02 PM
Thread OP
I wanna see a picture of your Night Vapor on skis on a low pass over the snow at night. That's gonna look cool!
Nov 16, 2010, 11:06 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
i build some last year out of foam - they were crude but worked

i might fashion some out of cellfoam 88 this time.

Quote:
I wanna see a picture of your Night Vapor on skis on a low pass over the snow at night. That's gonna look cool!
Nov 17, 2010, 04:39 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Bought a night vapor today

Are there any preventative mods I should do?
Fortunately, it's so light you can fly it into walls and things and there's not enough mass to do much damage.
Nov 17, 2010, 08:21 AM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
That sure is true! The only thing I have hit with mine so far is...... ME! Only once so far. I was so fascinated watching it fly slowly towards me I neglected to turn! Bounced off my thick noggin and kept going!
It is so light I barely felt it.

Can't believe under normal circumstances that it would ever hurt anything or anyone with an impact. Not even itself.
The only thing I would worry about is the covering. Ripping it or pulling it off.

Speaking of that. Has anyone ever replaced the covering?
Nov 17, 2010, 10:00 AM
Isaiah 40:31
Strange thing happened as I was flying last night - my flights usually last about 15 mins before I hit LVC and need to charge, and about 10 minutes in, I noticed the (3) white front LED lights dim a bit, then start flashing in sequence with the port side Red LED light? I have never once seen the (3) white LED's flash before, and out of the blue, they just started flashing!

Oddly enough, when I landed and went to unplug the battery, the (3) white LED's brightened up and went solid w/o flashing, just before the battery was unplugged - weird!

The only thing that I can guess is that the main circuit board had some moisture on it from landing in the grass, which may have causes the lights to flash? Who knows!
Nov 17, 2010, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
NEWS FLASH! Rare Bear's Night Vapor was comandeered by microscopic aliens who reprogrammed his light controller. When they realized they couldn't accelerate to warp speed and the poor craft came to a stop on the ground, they reset the system and teleported back to the mothership, leaving the human pilot bum-fuzzled as to what happened with the lights. Film at Eleven!

Quick Reply