Parkzone's F4F Wildcat Owners Thread - Page 589 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 24, 2012, 07:13 AM
Registered User
Wamp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters
Yes, that's the one!


The Mustang and F4F share the same prop and entire power system. The T-28 prop gives you more, but it taxes the 1300 bats. The corsair 3-blade prop looks the best, breaks regularly, and needs a different collet or some adapter rings. If you want to use a corsair prop, you might get a corsair collet along with it. The 3-blade gives tons of thrust but draws more current than the 1300's can provide; it also makes the motor run a bit hot.

The 3-blade is popular choice and I like it too, but I think the best all-around is the T-28 prop. Hey, try both.
I am running 40C 1300s in a number of planes. They do any thing a 2200mAh will do sans long flight times. I have been getting them from Heads Up Rc.
good luck. Chris
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2012, 07:54 AM
Registered User
g2tiger's Avatar
Thanks for the info.

I hope to see the model arrive today or tomorrow if all goes well. I did order a spare cowl (I will line the inside with some cuct tape for strength) and a corsair 3 blade to cover the base. I'll check into the T28 prop since it appears to work well with the stock power system from the info gathered here. It would be fun to get a bit more zip out of the stock system without having to buy a lot of electronics.

I will see what Headsuprc has in batts also. My next project is to convert the super cub over to brushless. I may just get a burshed ECS to save a few bucks but I'll still need a new Rx and servos. So there may be no savings there.

My priority is getting the F4F up and running.
Oct 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
advanced n00b
xfatdannx's Avatar
tiger i sent you you a pm, i can get you a 30amp esc for free if you are in the states...just needs shrink wrap. everything on it is fine.
Oct 24, 2012, 11:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2tiger
Thanks for the info.

I hope to see the model arrive today or tomorrow if all goes well. I did order a spare cowl (I will line the inside with some cuct tape for strength) and a corsair 3 blade to cover the base. I'll check into the T28 prop since it appears to work well with the stock power system from the info gathered here. It would be fun to get a bit more zip out of the stock system without having to buy a lot of electronics.

I will see what Headsuprc has in batts also. My next project is to convert the super cub over to brushless. I may just get a burshed ECS to save a few bucks but I'll still need a new Rx and servos. So there may be no savings there.

My priority is getting the F4F up and running.

Tiger,

I'm having a blast running my F4F stock...only upgrade is a Thunder Power 1350mAh battery. Since the C rating is higher, that adds plenty of zip without needing an ESC or prop upgrade. I just don't jam up to WOT...ease her up normally and she does fine. It's a great improvement over the stock battery.

Enjoy your Wildcat!

Tom
Oct 24, 2012, 06:52 PM
Registered User
Wamp's Avatar
Super Cubs are great!
Tundra tires rule.
Heads Up has been great. GTR C
Oct 24, 2012, 11:35 PM
They call me Lipo.....
Justwingit's Avatar
Been running mine stock now for the last couple of months and must say I'm having a blast...

Learning how to coax every bit of overall performance out of the little Grumman

Overall, she's not bad stock, you just gotta get to know her
Latest blog entry: E-flite UMX Timber!
Oct 25, 2012, 01:22 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamp
I am running 40C 1300s in a number of planes. They do any thing a 2200mAh will do sans long flight times. I have been getting them from Heads Up Rc.
good luck. Chris
You're right -- I was thinking of the stock 1300's, which are only 15C.
Oct 25, 2012, 07:16 AM
Registered User
Throw a Power 15 in her and that is when the fun begins! Actually stock the bird is a blast to fly. A real floater! I want UMX 2S brushless version!
Oct 25, 2012, 10:20 AM
Registered User
Wamp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt
Throw a Power 15 in her and that is when the fun begins! Actually stock the bird is a blast to fly. A real floater! I want UMX 2S brushless version!
Yes! I will rip the back pocket to get the wallet out for a brushles um!!
Ran a 15 'till ripping the (already reinforced ) elevator control horn.
that crash took out the shaft.
Rebuilt with a power 10, yet to maiden.
Perhaps this week end.
Been flying #1 which is stock except for big esc and large throws on hi rates.
Been thikng a 'scratch build' to come up with a 21" ws Wildcat! Chris
Oct 25, 2012, 09:56 PM
Registered User
Off to re-double check the elevator control horn. Man she hums through a shallow dive a high banking turn!
Oct 27, 2012, 11:41 AM
Registered User
This has probably already been covered in this thread, but can someone tell me what else will be needed to complete an airframe only build? Are the pushrods included with the airframe? Motor mount? Control horns? I am aware that the motor, esc and servos are not included, but wanted to order any other small parts at the same time.

Thanks for your help
Ken
Oct 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Yes, it comes with all the little stuff, even a prop & collet.
Oct 27, 2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters
Yes, it comes with all the little stuff, even a prop & collet.

Thanks jd.

Ordering now.
Oct 28, 2012, 09:17 AM
Registered User
Wamp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5368
Thanks jd.

Ordering now.
Good luck!
It is a very easy build. My current solution to the E control horn 'trouble'
Has been to wick / milk canopy glue under it.
One I through bolted failed. Perhaps both with big washers?
I would do some thing there day one.
The thrust angle mod is helpfull as is reinforcement of the cowl.
It may be worth ordering a spare, take advantage of the free shipping.
Also the spare comes with out the number.
I used the spare and kept the original.
Any you have a great plane coming! Congratulations. Chris
Oct 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
Registered User
Thanks Chris. I am receiving this as a Christmas gift, so it will be a while before I see it.

Ken


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone F4F Wildcat WOW!!!! ilovejets1 Parkflyers 40 Dec 16, 2015 07:47 PM
Build Log Dumas 17.5" F4F Wildcat LoneRanger Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 53 Jul 07, 2010 10:34 AM
Wanted TRADE MY NEW EFLITE P47 your ALFA F4F WILDCAT! BRUTUS2238 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 10, 2010 10:31 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 04:00 PM
Discussion Scratchbuilt F4F Wildcat kylewoody Parkflyers 2 Sep 01, 2009 09:18 PM