Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
May 29, 2012, 01:17 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs
You can do the mixing on the DX6i.
How bout a how to.
Thanx
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2012, 01:22 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters
Mine did this too, and I mixed in a little down elevator. If you can't do that, and the CG checks out, maybe you can add a little down thrust with washers on the firewall?
If this needs to be done, a couple of washers ought to do it right?
May 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Sure - just put a washer or two on the top two holes between the plastic motor mount and the firewall and see how it does. I ended with a hybrid solution: I put two small #8 washers at the top and then I mixed in 4% up for the amount of throttle above 50%. You could try one and two washers without mixing and see how it goes - just fly without the cowling for a test flight.

I dont have a DX6i but I saw this posted on YouTube:

Custom mix for the F4F Wildcat programmed into my DX6i. With the mix enabled some down elevator is applied when the throttle position is above 50%.
To program the mix on your DX6i go to Mix1 (or Mix 2) and configure as follows:
Throttle (THRO) Elevator (ELEV) ACT
Rate D 0% U +10%
Switch (SW) FLAP TRIM INH

Ps: the reason for an "up" mix (which may seem wrong) is because you are pushing the throttle stick forward. By mixing "up" to the elevator, you end up pushing the elevator forward as well, which translates to downward motion.
Last edited by jdwolters; May 29, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
May 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
ICrashRCs
On that mix...
It's been a while since I used one but
I'm not sure about the "UP".

It's easy to test it by watching the elevator as you throttle up on the bench.
Just set it really high rate so you can easily see the movement and once set properly direction wise reset to around 10% maybe 7% to start.

And the Switch (SW) looks wrong too.
I think it's ON.
You want it on all the time with the power switch.
And the TRIM INH should be ACT

If memory serves me correctly...
May 29, 2012, 07:10 PM
'tis nothing
shunyata's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
If it's simple to do,you should be able to explain it for me, simple,huh.
Ahem. Have you ever tried to program crow on a Futaba 7C? And then add separate flap controls? I have and it took quite some time to figure it out. And you know what? I learned a lot by doing the work. It took three special mixes and then some...

You will learn a lot more by figuring it out yourself than someone else telling you how to do it.
May 29, 2012, 08:25 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata
Ahem. Have you ever tried to program crow on a Futaba 7C? And then add separate flap controls? I have and it took quite some time to figure it out. And you know what? I learned a lot by doing the work. It took three special mixes and then some...

You will learn a lot more by figuring it out yourself than someone else telling you how to do it.
For one thing, If i am told, or can copy what i see others do, that is how i learn the fastest way, if you have nothing to say that i could learn from, then just don't say anything.
May 29, 2012, 08:26 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters
Sure - just put a washer or two on the top two holes between the plastic motor mount and the firewall and see how it does. I ended with a hybrid solution: I put two small #8 washers at the top and then I mixed in 4% up for the amount of throttle above 50%. You could try one and two washers without mixing and see how it goes - just fly without the cowling for a test flight.

I dont have a DX6i but I saw this posted on YouTube:

Custom mix for the F4F Wildcat programmed into my DX6i. With the mix enabled some down elevator is applied when the throttle position is above 50%.
To program the mix on your DX6i go to Mix1 (or Mix 2) and configure as follows:
Throttle (THRO) Elevator (ELEV) ACT
Rate D 0% U +10%
Switch (SW) FLAP TRIM INH

Ps: the reason for an "up" mix (which may seem wrong) is because you are pushing the throttle stick forward. By mixing "up" to the elevator, you end up pushing the elevator forward as well, which translates to downward motion.
Thanx, i will try and see what happens.
May 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs
On that mix...
It's been a while since I used one but
I'm not sure about the "UP".

It's easy to test it by watching the elevator as you throttle up on the bench.
Just set it really high rate so you can easily see the movement and once set properly direction wise reset to around 10% maybe 7% to start.

And the Switch (SW) looks wrong too.
I think it's ON.
You want it on all the time with the power switch.
And the TRIM INH should be ACT

If memory serves me correctly...
I will also try this, Thanx.
May 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
Registered Drug Free
LunaRendezvous's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
For one thing, If i am told, or can copy what i see others do, that is how i learn the fastest way, if you have nothing to say that i could learn from, then just don't say anything.
Touchy
May 29, 2012, 08:30 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Can't help it, that's the way i am wired.
May 29, 2012, 08:31 PM
Rich
flycracker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
For one thing, If i am told, or can copy what i see others do, that is how i learn the fastest way, if you have nothing to say that i could learn from, then just don't say anything.
But she really is right. Tough, but correct
May 29, 2012, 08:34 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
You got your sexes mixed up, she is a he.
May 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
'tis nothing
shunyata's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
For one thing, If i am told, or can copy what i see others do, that is how i learn the fastest way, if you have nothing to say that i could learn from, then just don't say anything.
Empty your cup, grasshopper.

May 29, 2012, 08:42 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata
Empty your cup, grasshopper.

???
May 29, 2012, 08:56 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata
Empty your cup, grasshopper.

You gonna explain that, or you can't think of anything Witty to say.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone F4F Wildcat WOW!!!! ilovejets1 Parkflyers 40 Dec 16, 2015 06:47 PM
Build Log Dumas 17.5" F4F Wildcat LoneRanger Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 53 Jul 07, 2010 09:34 AM
Wanted TRADE MY NEW EFLITE P47 your ALFA F4F WILDCAT! BRUTUS2238 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 10, 2010 09:31 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 03:00 PM
Discussion Scratchbuilt F4F Wildcat kylewoody Parkflyers 2 Sep 01, 2009 08:18 PM