Jul 17, 2010, 02:25 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
jayxer just remember someone will point to the woman and show her pictures of your mess and you will be in deep trouble.
Thanks for the pictures. I don't care what the place looks like, I got four dogs, hair is everywhere. So I sweep, sweep and it seems like nothing stops it. tuesday is the day my hobby shop gets the Wildcats.
Oh boy.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
Kind of off topic, but still goes hand in hand with the Wildcat. I'm gonna be using the stock charger that comes with this for charging at the moment (since all my batteries up to this point have been 1s), but I'm also picking up some deans plug lipo's from a friend. I know the charger and factory lipo is JTS. Is there a specific adapter I can purchase that will safely work with the factory charger to plug deans connectors into? Thanks
I believe Parkzone uses EC3 plugs not JST.

You can use the stock charger to charge lipos with deans with an adapter like this....
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ale-Ultra-Plug

The blue female side goes to the charger, the red male to the battery. Hope this helps.
Jul 17, 2010, 03:11 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
most of the parkzone chargers charge thru the balance plug anyway, right? so, it doesn't much matter how u connect to the esc.
Jul 17, 2010, 03:15 PM
mondo1948
You are absolutely correct....the balancing connector plugs into the Parkzone chargers.

Mondo
Jul 17, 2010, 04:11 PM
AA6JB
I was a little excited when I walked out on the track this AM to do a little flying at our local school and saw that one of our local guys, Kirk, had picked up a ParkZone Wildcat and was set to maiden it!

Kirk and company logged three flights and the Wildcat looked and flew nice! I didn't get any stick time BUT I did get to snap some photos! Fun plane for sure! I think I may need to get one!
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Jul 17, 2010, 04:24 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Great photos. Thanks for sharing. On a side note; you guys can wear sweat shirts and jackets in July in Cali? Man, that is where I need to be. It's been mild this year and I need shorts and short sleeves even in the early A.M. here.
Jul 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
Jon lives over "near" the ocean (about 1/2 hour) but it gets up into the 90s where he lives at time. It depends on the direction of the breeze. I am an hour further inland from Jon and it was in the 90s here shortly after 10:00 with an 8 mph + wind... A Sorrocco now in the afternoon. Tonight hopefully a cooling breeze from the ocean.
Nice pictures as always Jon! thanks for sharing. Mike H
Jul 17, 2010, 05:59 PM
AA6JB
As Mike said, our wx may be some of the best around. Yesterday, we hit the low 90s. My wife and daughter and I rode the ferry down to SFO and walked around for a couple hours. It was so foggy we could not even see the GG bridge as we went by Alcatraz. Temps in the City were around 58-60 in the AM. We came home and hit the pool for a couple hours. By 7 PM, the fog pushes back in. By 9 PM, temps are back down in the mid 50s! Personally, I love it.

We flew this morning from 9:30 to 1:30. We could go out earlier but it is pretty overcast and almost chilly. I wore shorts, a tank and a long sleeved shirt. By 11:00, I drop the long sleeved shirt.

The new PZ Wildcat looks like a must have. I cannot believe it flies on a 1300 3S!? Launches were incredibly easy! Landings too! Another nice job from PZ IMO.
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Jul 17, 2010, 06:14 PM
A buddy of mine just bought his at the local shop and we built the thing in 15 minutes on their R/c Counter,got it trimmed out and took it to the park for the maiden.We both got 2-3 flights each.We tried the stock battery and a couple different 2200mah 3s. Home run! Well done Parkzone.Now to make it faster!
Jul 17, 2010, 07:01 PM
Capitalist
Production has now started for the 400 watt power upgrade with a 40amp esc and custom aluminum motor mount!
I will provide the ebay auction number in the next couple days.
Jul 17, 2010, 07:09 PM
NORDPAC S3
Fantastic! I'm in for three. Leaving on vacation tomorrow. Will order next weekend.

Mfpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun
Production has now started for the 400 watt power upgrade with a 40amp esc and custom aluminum motor mount!
Jul 17, 2010, 07:13 PM
NORDPAC S3
Fnlrun, are you the person selling the mount upgrades for PKZ Gunfighter?

Mfpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun
Jul 17, 2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage
Fnlrun, are you the person selling the mount upgrades for PKZ Gunfighter?

Mfpage
Yes he is, click here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t=motor+mounts
Jul 17, 2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JookSing
I believe Parkzone uses EC3 plugs not JST.

You can use the stock charger to charge lipos with deans with an adapter like this....
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ale-Ultra-Plug

The blue female side goes to the charger, the red male to the battery. Hope this helps.
Thanks JookSing. I appreciate the help. Does mostly everyone stick the the factory adapters, or do most people switch over to deans?

Also fnlrun I look forward to the upgrade kit being available soon. I'll be in for one.
Jul 17, 2010, 07:34 PM
Capitalist
Sure am (actually my dad is) but he's not to savy on a mesageboard Pics are up in my thread for the Wildcat

Quick Reply