This thread is privately moderated by RC4x4, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2010, 10:40 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thread OP
Gallery

My New plane hauler

Finally got me a trailer to transport my planes in. It's a Haulmark 6x12 V-Nose. It's 79 inches tall so it can fit into my garage. Put the TorFlex axle under it, brakes, side door, double doors on rear, flow thru vent and the thicker plywood on the walls. I made a custom shelf for the top planes to ride on and lined it with carpet. I used the same on the floor of the trailer. I coated the walls and the floor with Glidden Porch and floor Paint. Mines kinda of a light grey. I stapled the carpet to the top shelf and used carpet double sided tape and aluminum wall strips to secure the floor carpert. The top shelf is rests on 2x4's and are locked into E-Track on the walls. I made the shelf into two pieces and all can be removed by undoing the bolts that lock it all down. It's super easy to remove. I still need to make a custom cabinet in the front and hook up a power source. The cabinet will house the radio box, battery boxes, fuel conmtainer and tools. As of now I have 6 airplanes in there and can easily add a few more 40-70 inch size range. I secure all of them using small bungees wrapped around the gear and one on the tail wheel. I put that foam pipe tubing around the gear so the bungee won't slip. The planes are locked down really well. More to come...
Last edited by RC4x4; Jun 19, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2010, 11:00 PM
Goes to eleven!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
Finally got me a trailer to transport my planes in. It's a Haulmark 6x12 V-Nose. It's 79 inches tall so it can fit into my garage. Put the TorFlex axle under it, brakes, side door, double doors on rear, flow thru vent and the thicker plywood on the walls. I made a custom shelf for the top planes to ride on and lined it with carpet. I used the same on the floor of the trailer. I coated the walls and the floor with Glidden Porch and floor Paint. Mines kinda of a light grey. I stapled the carpet to the top shelf and used carpet double sided tape and aluminum wall strips to secure the floor carpert. The top shelf is rests on 2x4's and are locked into E-Track on the walls. I made the shelf into two pieces and all can be removed by undoing the bolts that lock it all down. It's super easy to remove. I still need to make a custom cabinet in the front and hook up a power source. The cabinet will house the radio box, battery boxes, fuel conmtainer and tools. As of now I have 6 airplanes in there and can easily add a few more 40-70 inch size range. More to come...
Looks great!
I am researching trailer brands in my area and will be doing something similar very soon.
Nice job!

Joe
Jul 08, 2010, 12:29 AM
Cory,

That looks very good I want to copy what you have except have something more mudd resistant on the bottom level. You'll have to get a mini bar in there so we can make cocktails at the field. Oh no maybe not a good idea.
Jul 08, 2010, 10:40 AM
customstandoffs
looks great!
Jul 09, 2010, 01:35 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thread OP
Thanks guys. It does make these alot easier to transport. It's kinda like bring the whole hangar with ya.

Cory
Last edited by RC4x4; Jul 14, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
Jul 16, 2010, 09:26 AM
I got it! I got it!
Really nice Cory. Wish I coulda gone with the lower height trailer, but I'm 6'3" and my back gives me fits every now and then. Being able to stand up straight is a bigger priority these days (;>)

Earle

Quick Reply