Jul 06, 2010, 06:18 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Syma s107 rotation problem

Hi,

I have a SYma s107 which in general handles very well and is a lot of fun. However, it has a tendency to rotate in a clockwise circle while hovering. The craft is trimmed correctly and the nose stays pointed in the correct direction (i.e the craft isn't spinning around on its axis. It is actually hovering in cricles around a foot wide. When I use the controls they all seem to function correctly. I have a friend who got the same model at the same time and his is a lot more stable while hovering.

I am aware that it is a cheap product that has been shipped from China to the UK and then crashed around my living room. However, it seems that it may be a weight or aerodynamic issue that could be solved with some blue tac in the right position. Especially as the issue gets better and worse in between flights/crashes.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to exploring the rest of the fourms on this great site.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2010, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
After further Reading on the forum I found the following link that explains the issue I've been experiencing.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/toilet-bowl-effect.html

Hope this info helps anyone else with the same problem.
Nov 20, 2010, 01:24 PM

syma s107 does not elevate enough! please help

HI i bought 3 Syma S107 mini indoor co-axial helicopters in miami and brouth them to ecuador, quito, and they work just fine except because they barely raise like less than half and inch from the floor , the batteries are all charged, and there seems not to be any other problem...... if someone knows what can be happening please let me know. none of the 3 of them elevates! just look like cars around the floor hehe
thanks in advanced
Isabel
Nov 20, 2010, 01:44 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
It could be that one rotor is slipping on the axle, but it may also be something else. Check for the word "zombie" in the main S107 thread for more valuable info.
Nov 20, 2010, 10:09 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Take off a canopy or two- what do the batteries look like?

Unless you've been making them pick up keychain cameras (increased the weight), the motors shouldn't go kaput like that- and certainly not more than one copter.

The symptoms described sound like borked (over-discharged) cells. If they're puffed, it's what needs replaced.

EDIT: Wifey says you've taken Northern-Hemisphere copters to the southern by mistake, and will need to fly them upside-down or get "lefty" models.

Come see my HUGE 3-channel Helicopter collection!
http://www.killbuckets.com/copters.htm
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply