Jul 05, 2010, 09:12 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Obama has U.S. economy in 'death spiral'

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=173169
Last edited by BE77 Pilot; Sep 22, 2010 at 09:24 AM.
Jul 05, 2010, 09:16 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
What a great post. Just facts.
Jul 05, 2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
The recession of the last two years exacerbated the larger problem that already was in place, it revealed.

"Over the 10-year period between March 2000 and March 2010, the private sector lost over three million jobs, while the public sector gained nearly two million jobs," the analysis concludes.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=173169
Yep. And for 8 of those years GWB was running the show. Now explain how Obama put us in this "death spiral".
Jul 05, 2010, 09:33 AM
Out of Time
Staying with aviation terms, I wouldn't call it a death spiral, but more of an approaching stall on final.
We're now feeling the pronounced buffet as Obama continues to give the yoke more and more back-pressure.
When the stall finally breaks and we're only 100 feet high, there can be no recovery with Obama as PIC because he has no idea how to fly this economy.
Jul 05, 2010, 09:36 AM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcut
Yep. And for 8 of those years GWB was running the show. Now explain how Obama put us in this "death spiral".
Bush had his hand in this from when he lost his conservative foundation and starting governing using Lib policies.

But even then, the Leftist in Chief has been in power long enough to make positive changes for the better.
This is no longer Bush's economy. It's Obama's economy, and he owns it lock, stock, and barrel.
Jul 05, 2010, 09:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
Staying with aviation terms, I wouldn't call it a death spiral, but more of an approaching stall on final.
We're now feeling the pronounced buffet as Obama continues to give the yoke more and more back-pressure.
When the stall finally breaks and we're only 100 feet high, there can be no recovery with Obama as PIC because he has no idea how to fly this economy.
Awesome analogy.
Jul 05, 2010, 09:47 AM
Suspended Account
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Jul 12, 2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I usually chg for my writings
Jul 05, 2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Bush had his hand in this from when he lost his conservative foundation and starting governing using Lib policies.

But even then, the Leftist in Chief has been in power long enough to make positive changes for the better.
This is no longer Bush's economy. It's Obama's economy, and he owns it lock, stock, and barrel.
Now I'm starting to understand. Essentially, it doesn't matter who is President, it doesn't matter who controls Congress, it's those darn "Lib policies" that are to blame for everything. At least, that is, when Republicans are in charge.
Jul 05, 2010, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Jul 12, 2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: I usually chg for my writings
Jul 05, 2010, 10:00 AM
Suspended Account
Last edited by init4fun; Sep 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
Jul 05, 2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
I would stick with the death spiral....Bush and crew had their head in the clouds and due to non-existing maintenance, the gyro's wern't working and capt Bush and first officer Cheney had no clue what was up or down, right or left and that started the spiral dive. We have now gotten the wings level again with a new captain but we are still hearing from some of the passengers to yank back on the stick as we are near VNE, and as most good pilots know, such a maneuver would tear the wings off of the plane.
Jul 05, 2010, 10:10 AM
Suspended Account
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Jul 12, 2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: I usually chg for my writings
Jul 05, 2010, 10:12 AM
Thread OP
Bush WAS at fault. He didn't stop things like Community Reinvestment Act, or make his tax cuts permanent. He also should have closed the borders. The republicans had the power to stop the liberal crap and didn't. In a effort to be politically correct they didn't do what they should have.
Jul 05, 2010, 10:16 AM
Truer words were never spoken. The sooner o bama is out the better.
Jul 05, 2010, 10:18 AM
Fly safe, fly often!
Quote:

Ok, I agree and disagree.

I agree, BHO could have made positive changes - he did accomplish some things but I believe his decisions weren't the best ones, by a long shot. I also believe the primary strategy, the "bailout" was endorsed by both parties BEFORE the election. Remember John McCain was behind the bailout idea as well? It was John McCain who postponed some of his strategic campaign events, almost one of the debates, to hand-craft what became "the great bailout plan" that was coveted and eventually passed by both parties.

I didn't like the bailout plan - to me, it was "something done" similar to putting duct tape on a leaking tire - sure, it'll get the crippled car down the road a bit further. I believe we should fix the problem rather than temporarily hiding the symptoms. And using the most expensive "band aid" in the history of the world is simply asinine - especially when we don't have the money for it in the first place, and especially when even the "experts" agree it's not a guarantee, that we're sailing in uncharted economic waters. Never before in history has this scenario ever played out - it's far too big and complicated to learn from and directly relate to the financial disasters of the past.

On the other hand, I disagree somewhat with the idea that anyone - hard left, hard right, in between or otherwise - could have done much of anything with the Congress we've had in place since BHO became supreme ruler. Yes, BHO is commander in chief, yes he could have done more, done things differently but realistically who's he dealing with?

Remember Ben Hur, the scene where the ship rams another? It seems to me our congressional leaders are the ones who are manning the oars while BHO isn't at the helm, he's more like the guy that's sitting down, slamming the hammers to keep an efficient pace but his timing is off, oops he just dropped a hammer, and frankly, I don't know anyone who can tell me honestly who the is at the helm?

But, what the do I know.

Let's go flyin' - it's a beautiful day here.

Quick Reply