Thread Tools
Jul 04, 2010, 10:29 PM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
Thread OP
Contest

NSW Pylon Racing - Go hard & turn left!


hiya guys...

Just a reminder that the next round of the NSW Pylon calender is at the PittTown field on the 7th & 8th of August. This is also the NSW Titles & qualifying for the Australian tema for the World Titles to be held at Bundaberg 2011.
F3D, F400 & Q500 will be run...
Last edited by BulletMaster; Jul 04, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2010, 06:10 AM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
Thread OP
anyone coming to race or for a looksee at the PittTown meet? Not too far away now
Jul 16, 2010, 07:12 AM
www.nswpylon.org
Don't forget to check out the website at www.nswpylon.org.
This race is going to be a biggie as it is a qualifier for the world championships. Expect FAI models to be doing around 350kph on the flat track.
Makes us Q500's look a little pale at 190. But all pylon racers are awesome!!!!
Last edited by pkerney; Jul 16, 2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Jul 16, 2010, 07:49 AM
de-registered abuser
gouch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster
anyone coming to race or for a looksee at the PittTown meet? Not too far away now
I think I have been wrangled in to help Zipper, so yep, I'll be there. Not that I have a clue what I am suppose to be doing though !?
Maybe I'll just stand behind the fence and whisper sweet things in his ear
Jul 16, 2010, 02:30 PM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
Thread OP
gouch,

don't forget a crash hat (most of the guys use the mining hard hats).... A necessity if you are going to be out on the field whilst racing is running. Spectators don't need one (or even fence whisperer's!).
Jul 17, 2010, 04:12 AM
by ZIPPER
ZIPPER's Avatar
Sorry guys but I don't know if I'm going to make it. I still have a bit to finish on the plane and Id like to get a bit of practice in before I do a race.
Jul 17, 2010, 06:49 AM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
Thread OP
what??? c'mon, you have almost 20 days! surely it can happen...
Jul 17, 2010, 08:34 AM
de-registered abuser
gouch's Avatar
What!!! And I just went out and bought a new floral hard hat today!!!
Jul 22, 2010, 02:38 AM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
Thread OP
so.... any electric guys going to be there? Would love to have a demo class of F5D racing... maybe an opportunity to come along and race a laid out course with cut callers & race lights??
Jul 22, 2010, 06:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster
so.... any electric guys going to be there? Would love to have a demo class of F5D racing... maybe an opportunity to come along and race a laid out course with cut callers & race lights??
Hi Guys Just bought myself a Eflite Pogo, not sure if will be fast enough for your Electric class but i happy to give it a Try down at Pitt Town meet.
But Very keen to come down and Watch The Experts

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL4200
Jul 22, 2010, 07:03 AM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
Thread OP
samste... I have one of the Pogo's too... actually maidened mine today. F5D models are far faster than the Pogo's, but not sure if there will be any guys (or gals) attending with these. I would imagine the schedule will be tight on the Sunday, but Saturday is a practice day. Come along for a look... (throw the pogo in... you may get a chance to have a fly?).

Just a note, you need to be a financial MAAA member to fly at any of the pylon comps.

I will be bringing my Pogo along. Currently playing with the APC carbon props on mine (7.4x7.6 & 7.4x7.8).
Jul 22, 2010, 07:10 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster
samste... I have one of the Pogo's too... actually maidened mine today. F5D models are far faster than the Pogo's, but not sure if there will be any guys (or gals) attending with these. I would imagine the schedule will be tight on the Sunday, but Saturday is a practice day. Come along for a look... (throw the pogo in... you may get a chance to have a fly?).

Just a note, you need to be a financial MAAA member to fly at any of the pylon comps.

I will be bringing my Pogo along. Currently playing with the APC carbon props on mine (7.4x7.6 & 7.4x7.8).
Gday Bulletmaster

Yeah was thinking Saturday to head down, and yes i have all the paperwork as im currently a member of a local flying club near Pitt town.
So Hopefully may get a chance to put it up if not to busy.
Jul 22, 2010, 05:01 PM
Chillaxin dude!
BulletMaster's Avatar
Thread OP
another Q500 model I have just come across.... price is in SGD...

http://shop.singahobby.com/?q=node/12740
Jul 24, 2010, 08:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMaster
another Q500 model I have just come across.... price is in SGD...

http://shop.singahobby.com/?q=node/12740
Very Nice Q500, It adds up Once you add Motor servos etc But still Not a Bad Price.
I can see Pylon Racing is a entirely another ball game and gear setup.
But i have been very interested for a while of getting into it.
who knows i might catch the bug when im down on Saturday watching.

Samste
Last edited by samste; Jul 24, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
Jul 24, 2010, 08:23 AM
GO HARD OR GO HOME!
mickey t's Avatar
Hi Guys,
will be flying my Pogo at Pitt town again tomorrow and if there is enough of them on the 8th of August will run a round or two to see how they go, so bring them along.

MT


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 3. Swinging Denmark F3K 2010 - 7th-8th of augustī10 erikdahlchriste Hand Launch 18 Aug 11, 2010 02:06 PM
Contest 2. Swinging Denmark F3K 2009 8th-9th of augustī09 erikdahlchriste Hand Launch 10 Aug 22, 2009 03:53 PM
Yippee! Race day Sat. 8th August at Lilydale... elvis65 Motorcycles 5 Aug 05, 2009 02:13 AM
Fly-In 5th Annual Marymoor Electric Fly-In--Redmond, WA August 8th sguty RC Flight Events 0 Jul 10, 2009 03:59 PM
Discussion Friday 8th August chertsey Geoff Chapman SCRAPS (Southern Counties Radio-control Aerial Photographers) 4 Aug 25, 2008 04:17 PM