Jul 03, 2010, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
Question

Arduino V-Tail Mixing

I under V-Tail mixers are fairly cheap however I have a special need for a custom Onboard V-Tail mixer. I can set the mixing in my transmitter but I need for the mixing to be done on-board my model aircraft. My question is, do anyone have some sample code of how to do servo mixing with an Arduino?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie
I under V-Tail mixers are fairly cheap however I have a special need for a custom Onboard V-Tail mixer. I can set the mixing in my transmitter but I need for the mixing to be done on-board my model aircraft. My question is, do anyone have some sample code of how to do servo mixing with an Arduino?
Are you going to have the mixing done in the transmitter and then turn the control over to the on board hardware? Or do you want the mix done all the time via the Arduino?

Can you describe your application in a little more detail?

Todd
Jul 04, 2010, 03:29 PM
Thread OP
No mixing in the transmitter, I am mixing in the transmitter right now for testing purpose only. I want to do all mixing on the aircraft.

Note: a normal V-Tail will almost do the job with the exception, from mid-stick (1.5ms) when positive or negative stick is added, the V-tail always output positives (plus 1.5ms) never below.
Jul 04, 2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie
No mixing in the transmitter, I am mixing in the transmitter right now for testing purpose only. I want to do all mixing on the aircraft.

Note: a normal V-Tail will almost do the job with the exception, from mid-stick (1.5ms) when positive or negative stick is added, the V-tail always output positives (plus 1.5ms) never below.
Why is this a problem for your application? Is it the orientation of the servos or what? Sorry for all the questions but I am just trying to understand what you need.

Todd
Jul 04, 2010, 04:12 PM
Thread OP
What I am using it for is to Mix Pitch to Yaw. In other words, when I give my copter Yaw, I need to mix some pitch in with it. Reason I need to happen on the copter and not in the transmitter is to allow the Yaw gyro to be able to mix some pitch to Yaw.

Here is a short video of what I am trying to control. When the blade pitch is at zero degree, there is no authority so there has to be a little up pitch added to create thrust.

Variable Pitch - Testing Under Load (1 min 46 sec)
Jul 04, 2010, 04:49 PM
delete duplicate reply
Mar 18, 2011, 07:14 AM
flying is not a dream
hi

did you find a good way to make your mixer via an arduino board?

i want to do something like this, but i have trouble to get a correct output for the servos.
i have glitch and/or speed problems...
Mar 18, 2011, 11:42 AM
400' + is where fun starts.
Looks like your doing a Quad with varible pitch........
Mar 20, 2011, 04:36 AM
German Engineering.......
hi,

what about this:

#include <Servo.h>

Servo servo1;
Servo servo2;
int gain1 = 2;
int gain2 = 2;
int s1= 0;
int s2= 0;

void setup()
{
// Serial.begin(115200);
servo1.attach(9); // attach Servo 1 to pin 9
servo2.attach(10); // attach Servo 2 to pin 10
pinMode(3, INPUT); // Signal 1 input at pin3 (Elevator)
pinMode(4, INPUT); // Signal 2 input at pin4 (Rudder)
}

void loop()
{
s1 = (pulseIn( 3,HIGH)-1500)/gain1;
s2 = (pulseIn( 4,HIGH) -1500)/gain2;
servo1.writeMicroseconds(s1+s2+1500);
servo2.writeMicroseconds(s1-s2+1500);
// Serial.println(s1);
}

Quick Reply