pictures of what you do and where you work. - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 03, 2010, 11:30 PM
kit
kit
Registered User
Your ex-wife?
Jul 04, 2010, 01:46 AM
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay
SCSI? Yuck!
Not at all. It goes on a UAV, and forcibly terminates the UAV's flight on command. It even really worked like it was designed to, once.
Last edited by madsci_guy; Jul 04, 2010 at 01:51 AM.
Jul 04, 2010, 08:33 AM
GTH NFL
Park_Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben
I've led three lives. Number 2 is only one that can be represented by a picture.
You were turned into a newt? Well, obviously you got better
Jul 04, 2010, 09:05 AM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay
My day job is sitting behind a computer, almost any computer will do.

I double dog dare, no, I triple dog dare you to make and extra special picture of Zoe for me
Jul 04, 2010, 10:15 AM
fix-it-up chappie
tolladay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Not at all. It goes on a UAV, and forcibly terminates the UAV's flight on command. It even really worked like it was designed to, once.
It just looked like your garden variety SCSI device. SCSI was a technology designed by the Russians to cripple American artists. It almost worked too, until Apple finally discovered the covert agent in their midst, learned of his dastardly plans, and then had St. Jobs come in and give us a real peripheral connection experience.

I have no doubt if you worked on it, then you got it to work. Asking annoying questions over and over until it gives in, is the perfect response pattern to wilily computers peripherals.
Jul 04, 2010, 10:20 AM
fix-it-up chappie
tolladay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
I double dog dare, no, I triple dog dare you to make and extra special picture of Zoe for me
It's a time and money issue. I don't like to spend the time unless there is money on the other side.

Otherwise it gets into my Father Juan time, which I am guarding more and more jealously of late.
Jul 04, 2010, 10:24 AM
Fly safe, fly often!
Buzz_Man's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt
nice! 3 hots and a cot. what more could you ask for. i bet showering was interesting.
The smart ones in there, which ironically were more than I thought, learned quickly never to ask for A N Y T H I N G

N E V E R

It's like one of the hundreds of unwritten rules in that society - anything to compromise personal vulnerability is kin to sipping poison. Sipping a little bit has harsh consequences, sipping a little more can be fatal.

I just finished reading "Zeitoun" - it brought back too many memories but I got through it.
Jul 04, 2010, 10:31 AM
fix-it-up chappie
tolladay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben
I've led three lives. Number 2 is only one that can be represented by a picture.
She turned you into a newt?
Jul 04, 2010, 10:33 AM
fix-it-up chappie
tolladay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudknocker71
Here's an interesting one for you. I used to build test boxes to test reclaimed flips off of DBR (damaged beyond repair) cell phones. Box I'm going to show you is for a Moto 402/502 flip.

Basic operator instruction where..

Attach flip.
Flip all toggles up.
Turn main power on and press Start.
After all Flips go into test mode...flip down toggles.
Press soft button to advance threw program.

Program tests inside LCD, outside LCD, camera and flash (if available), and any buttons (if available.) This test program is standard on all Moto flip models on Sprint phones.

I built these boxes off hand. No diagrams to work from. Figured power out on each new model. Other brands required to test the entire flip w/o a program all functions had to be accessed manually. Anyway..that's just a sample of what I built.
Pud,

This is so scarily beyond anything I could do as to really impress me. Looks like you need to work for Q.
Jul 04, 2010, 10:35 AM
fix-it-up chappie
tolladay's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man
The smart ones in there, which ironically were more than I thought, learned quickly never to ask for A N Y T H I N G

N E V E R

It's like one of the hundreds of unwritten rules in that society - anything to compromise personal vulnerability is kin to sipping poison. Sipping a little bit has harsh consequences, sipping a little more can be fatal.

I just finished reading "Zeitoun" - it brought back too many memories but I got through it.
I just finished "The Right Stuff". Sounds very similar. Thriving, or even surviving, in that kind of environment takes a special skill. Cool.
Jul 04, 2010, 10:41 AM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Not at all. It goes on a UAV, and forcibly terminates the UAV's flight on command. It even really worked like it was designed to, once.
Is that a NG UAV by chance. If so, I have somewhat of an interest in it and the capability it has. One of our items of interest in the latest fielding. Remember, I am the bad guy so don't tell me anything you shouldn't
Jul 04, 2010, 11:44 AM
Registered User
Pudknocker71's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay
Pud,

This is so scarily beyond anything I could do as to really impress me. Looks like you need to work for Q.
Everything I know I learned OJT. Pretty simple DC wiring with a little reverse engineering. Much of it I owe to a good friend Spudgunner53. You, anyone, could learn what I did...accept maybe the owner of the business I worked for. He didn't have a clue what we were doing. Anyway..that's another story. It was fun interesting work while it lasted.
Jul 04, 2010, 11:48 AM
Registered User
Pudknocker71's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay
I just finished "The Right Stuff". Sounds very similar. Thriving, or even surviving, in that kind of environment takes a special skill. Cool.
Don't know what you guys are talking bout..."The Right Stuff" is an AWESOME Epic movie.
Jul 04, 2010, 01:56 PM
Suspended Account
Bilbobaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
I double dog dare, no, I triple dog dare you to make and extra special picture of Zoe for me
I would love a copy of that as well, She's smkin.
Jul 04, 2010, 02:26 PM
Really?
dll932's Avatar
I'm now full-time perm here helping make these:
http://www.aero-instruments.com/

My title is machinist/assembler. You've probably flown on a plane that had one of our products mounted on it, and you'll be happy to know that our QC is EXTREMELY good!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What should I do? What would you do in a situation like this? lazer155 Trader Talk 26 Jan 27, 2010 08:40 PM
Discussion What rubber band and where do you get? mpodder Hand Launch 4 Oct 19, 2009 07:06 PM
Discussion What wood do you use and where do you buy it? bkboggy Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 7 Feb 02, 2009 08:34 PM
Discussion Pictures of where you work!! bhenry Aerial Photography 7 Nov 16, 2008 11:42 AM
What do you do in twelve hours at work? Morb Foamies (Kits) 0 Nov 03, 2003 10:42 AM