Jun 25, 2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwemacs
Montague X/C Cup winners:
Due to their explosive non-start on Friday, I was lucky enough to fly for the Broken Arrow team on the last day. We got to altitude near Shelly Rd and Airport and should have skipped back over Airport for a better start. Still managed to keep them in the wood. We had a great final run and didn't land on any wires. Great learning experience. Fantastic group of guys.

It was a nice trip and Georgene and I made it back to Virginia in record time.

Tom Broeski
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbroeski
Due to their explosive non-start on Friday, I was lucky enough to fly for the Broken Arrow team on the last day. We got to altitude near Shelly Rd and Airport and should have skipped back over Airport for a better start. Still managed to keep them in the wood. We had a great final run and didn't land on any wires. Great learning experience. Fantastic group of guys.

It was a nice trip and Georgene and I made it back to Virginia in record time.

Tom Broeski
It was great to see you two Tom
Ron
Jun 25, 2011, 08:45 PM
pretty nice pic Kathy took - view from the hangar
Last edited by TrekBiker; Jun 25, 2011 at 08:51 PM.
Jul 07, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Check out xcsoaring.com for an incredible amount of cool information on the contest flights.
It's hard to imagine that a RC "soaring pilot" would not be attracted to cross country.

Regards Dean
Jul 09, 2011, 09:23 AM
somewhere in South America
Some photos are now uploaded. More will be coming in about 10 days.

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
Jul 26, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hey John,

where's your seat belts?

- Bob -
Sep 13, 2011, 03:18 PM
There's Something in the Air

Montague 2012?

Hi all,

So how is Montague 2012 shaping up?

Take Care,
John
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each day Begins with a whole new set of possibilities
Sep 13, 2011, 11:58 PM
Thread OP
John,
The dates are 6/12/-6/16 for a 5 day or 6/15-6/17 for a 3 day.

I'm completely open to a 3 or 5 day event. Perhaps feedback will determine the length.

This will be our 15th year.

Regards Dean
Sep 14, 2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN GRADWELL
I'm completely open to a 3 or 5 day event. Perhaps feedback will determine the length.
Dean,

My small suggestion hinges around limited vacation time for us working stiffs. On the 5 day schedule I’d rather see it end on Sunday rather than Saturday. This would save us a precious vacation day at the front end of the event. It seems the majority of the contestants have been from Sacramento and the Bay Area and most of us, if not all, drive home during the afternoon/evening of the final contest day. I’d personally rather get home Sunday night than Saturday night.

If you can’t decide on 3 or 5 day, consider 4!

Bob
Sep 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
Thread OP
Good point Bob,
Let's end on Sunday if an extended contest. The Saturday deal was to take it easy getting home. The only ones who didn't make it home by Saturday evening were the East Coasters.

If we choose a 5 day event it will start 6/13 thru 6/17.

Regards Dean
Sep 14, 2011, 01:23 PM
There's Something in the Air
4 or 5 days sounds great. Will there be practice days prior to the main contest?

I think this time the "East Coasters" will ship a plane freight and then fly in for the contest rather than driving out to the left coast and back again. I'll have to start early trying to get the "band" back together again for next June.

Take Care,
John
Each day Begins with a whole new set of possibilities
Sep 14, 2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN GRADWELL
Good point Bob,
Let's end on Sunday if an extended contest. The Saturday deal was to take it easy getting home. The only ones who didn't make it home by Saturday evening were the East Coasters.

If we choose a 5 day event it will start 6/13 thru 6/17.

Regards Dean
Left Sunday and made it home Thursday..... TJB
Sep 19, 2011, 11:27 AM
Dean,

I vote for a 5 day event. Doesnt matter to me whether it ends on saturday or sunday but I understand the argument for ending on Sunday for people with limited vacation.

Steve

Quick Reply