Jul 02, 2010, 09:59 PM
Discussion

Montague 2011

We have been doing three days for several years, what do you think of five. Would mean more catered dinners at the hangar.

Regards Dean
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2010, 11:34 PM
yyz
yyz
+1! How about one of those days being scale aero tow cross-country or gps triangle racing?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN GRADWELL
We have been doing three days for several years, what do you think of five. Would mean more catered dinners at the hangar.

Regards Dean
Jul 03, 2010, 03:20 AM
launch low, fly high
Dean,

You make it five days, and I WILL have to find my way to Montegue one more time. (This does beg a question though. Is it that much more of an effort to attend a full week over five days)

Wish I was in attendance this year. Sounds like a great time was had by all who attended. Looks like team TW has done a little too much homework though, and needs to be challenged...
Jul 03, 2010, 08:25 AM

Another Yes

A three day event requires me to take a week off of work. A five day event requires me to take a week off of work and if there's a bad day will result in doing twice as much flying for my same day off investment. I vote yes.

The only downside to making it seven days is shipping or arranging to ship my glider home on the second Sunday and still catching a flight myself. It's not insurmountable but a small hindrance, and more flying....still a Yes.

MikeN
Jul 03, 2010, 09:07 AM
I'm suggesting Sunday & Monday practice days (6/12 & 13).

Tuesday - Saturday (6/14 -18) contest days.

Big commitment but the fullsize guys do it.

And yes TW needs to be spanked

Regards Dean
Jul 03, 2010, 09:50 AM
Master of the Wind
How can I pass an opportunity to be spanked for a week.

We may end up juggling teams as the week progresss as some people may not have the whole week.

And TW is still doing homework. Can't leave the last assignment in the hands of the competition.
Jul 03, 2010, 10:29 AM
Webmaster & Newsletter SVSS

Five Days?

You bet!!

My entry fee is in the mail!!

Dudley
Jul 03, 2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN GRADWELL
I'm suggesting Sunday & Monday practice days (6/12 & 13).

Tuesday - Saturday (6/14 -18) contest days.

Big commitment but the fullsize guys do it.

And yes TW needs to be spanked

Regards Dean

I like it.

Dont worry Dean. TW is going to get the Super Supra sized spanking they deserve
Jul 04, 2010, 08:41 AM

Five days - I'd be tempted

I think it's a great idea. It is much easier for me to justify the trip with the potential weather effect reduced. I hope I can make it.
Jul 04, 2010, 04:31 PM
Dunno!
I think it would be great! Gotta make the commit early though!

PN: Steve please note that GN has designed in a flaw, othewise why would he knowingly give your team an advantage. It's all in the airfoils - heh heh heh
Jul 04, 2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgs99v
Steve please note that GN has designed in a flaw, othewise why would he knowingly give your team an advantage. It's all in the airfoils - heh heh heh
You should have flown the plane!! What a sweetheart.
JT
Jul 04, 2010, 08:47 PM
5 days would make it worth the drive from Kansas City.
Jul 05, 2010, 04:40 PM
OK guys - lets look at it from the other side! I appreciate Dean' solicitation
That is alot of work and effort for the setup, maintain, feed, keep XX pilots and associated team members entertained and happy!!! So it would think it works both ways! What does Dean et all need help with, and what can we do???
Now going back to building and eating
Jul 05, 2010, 07:24 PM
Jack,
Thanks for the offer. The work is in setting up and then tearing down. During the contest it's easy. So more contest days is just more fun and really not much more work.
As far as I'm concerned the 5 day contest + 2 day practice is 100% go. A dream come true for me bringing RCXC to the same standards as fullsize.
Now all I can think about is next years event.
We most likely will log over a 1000 miles of cross country, simply amazing.

Regards Dean
Jul 06, 2010, 12:08 AM
JW - If you can call a XC race like you called the ISR we should do it again

DG - I'm in for sure

Mike (YYZ) - I like both of your ideas! I think Ralph is working on a cost effective telemetry system - we should let him know we are waiting

cheers!

jack ~
Last edited by jgs99v; Jul 06, 2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: added comment for mike