Sep 12, 2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2
I am ordering the cheap A-10 from Nitro. What inrunners / outrunners will be " for normal " 30 to 45 degree climb ups ? I convert all planes to no LG & pull pull fishing line controls, to get easy COGs.
That worked out well for the GWS A-10s.......
I'm sure the stock setup will be fine. It has enough power for a decent flight even on windy days! This plane with the proper CG on a stock setup (3300KV outrunner and dual 40amps ESC)can handle windy conditions very well. I was afraid in the beginning of flying this plane on windy days but after receiving some advice on the CG from the guys here in this thread I'm getting better in it and even begin to find it funny. This plane cuts with authority through the wind on a stock setup! I fly mine with a 3S 2700mah 25C and a 3000mah 20C and to be honest the heavier battery(3000mah) flies the best.
So don't worry, the stock setup will be enough for a normal flight.
See below the videos on a windy sunset last Sunday September 9 with both batteries. Wind was around 23mph with 26mph gusts! In the videos you can notice that I was able to almost slope this plane with all this wind!

Ben.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2012, 09:35 AM

video upload

I will be uploading the videos somewhere during the day!

Ben
Sep 12, 2012, 10:09 AM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!
Yes it handles the wind surprisingly well...just watch the "ground effect"...it gets me almost every time.
Sep 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
Yes it handles the wind surprisingly well...just watch the "ground effect"...it gets me almost every time.
Yes U'r right Russ! I had some good landings on these windy days but I still also have some bumpy landings due to the ground effect as you will see in the coming videos. Got to train more!!! I also had a crash with it the morning of that day due to my ignorance! Battery drained on me even when I was warned many minutes before by the voltage tester/buzzer but I ignored it as usual and wanted to do "that last lap again and again ..." till it felt from the air. Not so much damage, wing tip broke off and nose had some damage too. But I glue/taped them and up she was again in the air. You could see the tape still on it. But this plane is AMAZING handling strong winds. I use to play with the wind now by almost cutting throttle and let the plane slope/glide at a point that it almost stands still in the air. Very funny! I love this bird!!!

Ben
Sep 12, 2012, 12:05 PM
Flight with the 2700mah baterry

Dynam A10 3S 2700mah 25c on windy sunset at Curacao (6 min 27 sec)
Sep 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
Nice flight...a warbird should look like she has been in a fight or two
But she is going to need the gatling gun replaced!

Russ
Sep 12, 2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Nice flight...a warbird should look like she has been in a fight or two
But she is going to need the gatling gun replaced!

Russ
LOL...... Yeah Russ and this one has gone through some heavy battles!!!!!
I will see if I can put her cannon back so she will be full in action again!!!

See below the video with the 3000mah battery. The wind was so hard that I was slowing the plane with next to no throttle. At a point the plane almost stood still in the air! take notice of it. very funny

Ben

Dynam A10 3S 3000mah 20C on windy sunset at Curacao (7 min 30 sec)
Last edited by tydfidelis; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Sep 12, 2012, 07:33 PM
Ty,
Yes it almost stood still.

Here are two more flying tips:
1. Don't aim at your camera mans head.
2. Don't fly when the street lights come on!!!

Russ
Sep 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Ty,
Yes it almost stood still.

Here are two more flying tips:
1. Don't aim at your camera mans head.
2. Don't fly when the street lights come on!!!

Russ
LOL....
I will do my best Russ. LOL....... will do

Ben
Sep 18, 2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerland
Nice mod. Think I'll try with my new airframe. Don't forget the CF rods for the weak areas on the fusey. Makes it very durable
What all areas need the CF rods?
Sep 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
Got about 6 flights on my a-10.Nice flyer,it's top end is the same as my proped pz 109 or spitfire. Put some venting holes,intake with a cut half spoon and two exit holes3/4 back of the fuse(will post pics later). YEAH MAN, SHE FLOATS on landings.Other than the venting,the only other things i did to the a-10 was added a batt strapdown,close up the seams in the engine pods, epoxy carbon fiber to the horizontal stab, and alittle red paint to the front of the engine pods and wing tips.Looks good! My a-10 is flown with a nanotech 2200 mah-45-90c battery.Over all the a-10 cost me $150 CND with shipping and i have no regrets, Cheers gents
Last edited by kevin whitesell; Sep 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Sep 21, 2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001
What all areas need the CF rods?
I just have cf rods on bottom of elevator (pics WAY back in this thread under my name if you want to search it). I'm flying over two years on this model on 3S-2600 lipos and no issues with needing cf rods anywhere else.

Russ
Sep 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
Your A-10 looks nice Kevin.
Do you just hand launch it?

Tim
Sep 21, 2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdearth
Your A-10 looks nice Kevin.
Do you just hand launch it?

Tim
Yes tdearth-for now my a-10 is a handlaunched bird.Thank you for the positive feed back. The local municipality is supposed to build my 4 man flying group(we are not a club) a runway.(check out my blog for pics of our current flying field!)When that happens,the wheels,servo arm,and control arm will be installed. I've got lots of experience with handlaunching and i watched vids of handlaunching the dynam a-10. To be honest i don't care too much for the look of landing gear hanging down under a wing in flight,so for warbirds that don't have retracts,i won't go fixed gear(EXCEPT if the real plane had fixed gear like on my albetros or my ryan sta) Just my tastes bud What's cool is that even after 6 flights,the hard points(as they can be seen in my head on pic) don't even have a scrape to the paint,but i'll get around to doing something for it yet!-cheers mate-kevin

Quick Reply