Jul 29, 2010, 03:37 AM
You made that out of trees?
Looks like a great deal. Keep in mind though the plane is a kit, not an ARF so there will be some real building involved. - John.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2010, 10:54 AM
Mines faster than your's
yeah, thats the only thing holding me back. I have never put together a kit or covered one. i just dont have the patience. i mean i want to, and im sure i can do the actual building part of it, but i simply dont have the patience required to do it right. and it needs to be done right. maybe i can build it and get somebody to cover it for me. i dunno....
Jul 29, 2010, 05:21 PM
Global Hobby Store
PST do an ARTF version of the Reaction54 turbine trainer...
The shockjet is an ARF of the Jetmach high wing effectively..

No one has done an ARTF of any low wing jetmachs..

Rob
Jul 29, 2010, 11:54 PM
Pst Reaction is a nice model but I feel they are a little on the pricey side.
Jul 30, 2010, 02:00 AM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasredrider
I too am thinking of getting my first turbine. I have decided to go with the Kingtech. I have found this combo and am thinking of pulling the trigger on it. What do u guys think?

http://store.laser-design-services.c...7935f1a067b730
Well the Kingtech is a great choice, best value turbine on the market doubt you would find anyone to argue with that...

The concern I have with any fully moulded jet model designs like the PST and with an enclosed turbine, or without any direct overhead hatch is lack of fast turbine and/or fuel systems access. They are going to be definitely a little more difficult to deal with in case of an on board fire or possible hot start situation also. So then looking at the pros and cons from a direct turbine access point of view alone probably not an ideal design especially as a first turbine model for that reason given the initial learning curve encountered getting use to turbines. You could solve the hatch situation easy enough while under construction I suppose but its not an easy mod and defeats the purpose of an ARF somewhat. I just dont understand why a manufacturer would not design the thing with a conventional easy access turbine hatch to assist with start up etc. afterall it is a sport jet, not scale?

With the Jetmach however being wood and of built contruction adding a hatch would be easy enough, otherwise its a good flyer though and if you enjoy traditonal building a good option.

Another difficult turbine access case in point also being the Comp ARF Eurosport, another sport jet without an overhead access hatch, Go figure
Last edited by Marty C...; Jul 30, 2010 at 02:28 AM.
Jul 30, 2010, 08:19 AM
Mines faster than your's
I was just thinking yesterday about ease of access to the planes' components and the Shokjet is looking more and more appealing. It's a little more money, but its an ARF basically and it is a simple design with plenty of access. I'm a firm believer of KISS.....
Jul 31, 2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasredrider
I was just thinking yesterday about ease of access to the planes' components and the Shokjet is looking more and more appealing. It's a little more money, but its an ARF basically and it is a simple design with plenty of access. I'm a firm believer of KISS.....
Jetmach access hatch.
Bob
Sep 11, 2010, 10:52 PM
Thread OP
I've attended 2 jet rallies in the region over the last month or so. It was definitely helpful to see RC turbines for the first time in real life and speak with their owners. Those jets look so awesome in real life. I was impressed (and a bit envious) once I finally saw them for the first time.

I think my plan of action will be to become comfortable with an electric version of the PC-21 before getting a turbine plane. These planes are on my list for first turbine once I'm comfortable with the PC-21: reaction, dv8t, rookie ii, bae hawk, f-15, viperjet. Of course, this list is subject to change as I learn more and product lines change. The first two on the list are appealing because they seem to be easier to fly and are also more capable of flight from a short, bumpy runway. (Unfortunately there is not much room to fly bigger RC planes where I live.) The rest of the models are more aesthetically pleasing, but I'm worried that I may be jumping into the more difficult models too fast.

As far as the transmitter goes, I'll probably get something with at least 9 channels from either Futaba or JR at the 2.4 GHz frequency.
Sep 13, 2010, 06:17 PM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
I think your aircraft option list is a very sensible one. The PC-21 is a great transitional airframe that will prepare you well for your first turbine flights...

Quick Reply