Jul 29, 2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
The English version on that website is r342 dated June 5, 2011.

Maybe this one is more up to date based on the last page being updated yesterday.

http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/Er9x_user_guide
That page still says "MAX" instead of half i find this change a good indicator of how old a piece of documentation is

this one is newer, it was posted to these forums in... june?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2012, 08:15 PM
I feel the need for speed
Does anybody know how you find the manual for a specific version? The problem seems to be, since there are so many variations of er9x, I can't find the specific manual. I have er9x-r708. Also, how can one make sure they have the latest and greatest?
Jul 29, 2012, 08:27 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
If you use eepe it will look for the latest firmware every time you run it.
Jul 29, 2012, 08:32 PM
A new manual isn't really needed for every new version, most new stuff is bugfixes or additions by developers for developers, and new features once they have matured are added to the manual. that said, 9xforums.com should have the latest info.
Jul 29, 2012, 08:37 PM
I feel the need for speed
Thanks.
Jul 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
Registered Loser
It is not at all reasonable to expect the people who work FOR FREE developing the firmware, to also keep it perfectly documented. Documentation is typically a developer's ugliest job. Almost nobody likes doing it.

The upside of opensource is its FREE... and, often, rapidly (if sporatically) developed. The downsides are plenty since it often suffers from a lack (no) financial resources. We take the bad with the good

- Steven
Jul 29, 2012, 09:27 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
This thread serves as a pretty good interactive manual for ER9X
Jul 30, 2012, 07:27 AM
Closed Account
I agree 100% with you Pat. I always read whats going on here to stay up to date but I've been involved since day 1. I can understand how someone just starting out cannot possibly read this entire thread but there are documents that have been written and even though they may not be spot on they will provide a lot if information.

At the very least scan through this thread to try and get a decent foundation. I would then search this thread first for any information I'm looking for and then ask any questions I might have. Even if the question seems simple many times when given an answer to a basic question all of a sudden so many other things become clear and start to make sence, the learning curve really starts to go up.

There is just as much if not more support for Er9X as any other radio because this is a dynamic project. Because so many people have contributed in so mant different ways it offers huge potential.

Read, search, ask questions, read the 9X forums....and....give back what you get. Try and help out down the line.
Jul 30, 2012, 11:12 AM

can not read Turnigy 9x er9x memory from eePe

I can not read Turnigy 9x er9x memory with eePe. Previously it worked ok for me, what could be issue?

It displays following:

Quote:
================================================== ===============================
Started AVRDUDE
C:/win_prgs/eePe/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/DOCUME~1/Pavel/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp.hex:i
================================================== ===============================

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x000102
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATMEGA64 is 1E 96 02
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1
Jul 30, 2012, 12:34 PM
Registered Loser
You know... I just saw that last night for the first time when using a eBay USBasp. What programmer are you using?

I'm not sure why it happened. I tried putting "-B 1000" in the extra arguments option of eePe and it worked. But then I took that out and it still worked. I've Googled the error and I see a lot of people that experience it in the AVR world, but not a lot of answers as to why.

Turn the radio off/on and try again. If that doesn't work, try the -B 1000 switch (it will program INCREDIBLY slow)
Jul 30, 2012, 03:13 PM
I use smartieparts "9x Solderless Programmer Board with LED Backlight Support" which worked very great! For so long, until now without issue.

I will try to do few more tests and will report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack
You know... I just saw that last night for the first time when using a eBay USBasp. What programmer are you using?

I'm not sure why it happened. I tried putting "-B 1000" in the extra arguments option of eePe and it worked. But then I took that out and it still worked. I've Googled the error and I see a lot of people that experience it in the AVR world, but not a lot of answers as to why.

Turn the radio off/on and try again. If that doesn't work, try the -B 1000 switch (it will program INCREDIBLY slow)
Jul 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
It started to work. Do not know why. I am happy.
Jul 30, 2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn
It started to work. Do not know why. I am happy.
Maybe you switched the 9x on
Jul 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
Registered Loser
I *think* that was a joke But in case it wasn't, I'll point out that:
  • with Rev 2.1 and earlier, it wouldn't matter if the switch was on or off
  • With Rev 2.2+ with the power off, he would have had a "Target does not answer" error
Jul 31, 2012, 01:14 AM
No, I tried to switch t9x on and off previously. But there was the same error message for both. Instead of trying to get it work, I manually programmed my t9x and went out to fly.

Maybe I switched off computer.

And then returned back and read what you wrote in this thread and then tried again.
And simply no error.

I did backup of my t9x er9x firmware memory and flashed new er9x firmware.
And uploaded backup of my er9x memory back into t9x.

Simply it worked.

Quick Reply