The FlySky/iMax/Turnigy 9x/Eurgle 9CH radio Custom Firmware Facts/How-to Thread! - Page 344 - RC Groups
Feb 27, 2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack
Yeah... about that...

Between your new venture, my general busy-ness (which won't last forever), new baby coming (which kinda does), and the revelation that there's that other pseudo-open-source radio in development... I guess I wasn't sure we were still looking at that. And last we spoke, it seemed you wanted to use the existing case... how do we have more switches if we aren't changing the hardware? Or just have inputs for them and leave it up to the user to buy, install and hookup the additional hardware?

I'd love to build the end-all, be-all radio of our generation - especially something developed with FPV specifically in mind - i'm just not sure about the timing and how much impact that other project (that I can't recall the name off the top of my head) would have on such a venture.

- Steven

What? Pipo?
Taking all of my attention? Nahhhh. I can actually manage to read this forum. I'm basically swimming with time. Moving to the states... my job.... Stuff.....

I'm just picking on you. I do want to do that monster radio but I too have wayyyy too much on my plate.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2011, 03:03 PM
Are there more inputs on the atmel?

I think for the frsky telemetry mod you must shift two switches to other pins.

Btw would gladly upgrade my tx to a new better board if it was available.
Feb 27, 2011, 03:12 PM
is pipo available for sale?
will it support delta planes?
Feb 27, 2011, 03:14 PM
xjh
xjh
Hi Steven, good luck with the new baby, I have 3 and it certainly diminishes modelling time but it gives an even greater pleasure, they are treasures! The other radio is being developed by Jim Drew on Rc groups/vendors/XPS/ New 16 ch radio.
Re switches one could I imagine sacrifice a pot analogue input and put a switch in its place for a digital input using a 3 pos switch in Parallel with the pot and adjust the wiper to give the desired effect to the surface/motor. I have done this to give switch start to motor in F5B to allow a safe launch power and then full on during flight, and them part throttle on landing to "extend the glide!!!"
Regards XJH
Feb 27, 2011, 03:34 PM
The multiplexer is based on er9x's multiplexer. You guys know how flexible that is!
It's the same credo. You have some inputs and you connect them to outputs via mixers.

What it does is it allows you to tailor it to your needs without recompiling or burning new software for it.
Feb 27, 2011, 03:50 PM
I wonder if it would be possible and reasonable, to put those mixes under reusable logical blocks - just as Multiplex EVO/Pro transmitter uses. In fact, it works almost equally..
Feb 27, 2011, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazz
The multiplexer is based on er9x's multiplexer. You guys know how flexible that is!
It's the same credo. You have some inputs and you connect them to outputs via mixers.

What it does is it allows you to tailor it to your needs without recompiling or burning new software for it.
Is it ready?
Is it available for sale?

Some custom onboard mixing would be perfect for me
Feb 28, 2011, 12:18 AM
It's almost ready

The boards are already on a plane. However the magnetometer version is delayed because of supplier holdup.

You can preorder here:
http://www.eraviv.com/store/page2.html
Feb 28, 2011, 07:20 AM
Hi Lindsay,
Thanks a lot for your help, I will come back soon with some photos of my installation when I will have received the converter from the ebay vendor.
Have a good day,
Bertrand
Feb 28, 2011, 12:00 PM
The Dreamer
Hi Bertrand,

I have done a temporary install job and tried my ebay RS232 TTL converter. I unplugged my transistor converter and plugged in the max232 converter PCB using temporary wiring.. The +5V and ground for the MAX232 converter PCB was from the FrSky DJT telemetry connector.

1. Installed a 10k resistor ( not 220ohm) in TTL TXD wire to the programmer MOSI. Reason is that the two transistor converter has a 10k pull up resistor in the collector to VCC and this is a known good circuit that can be left connected in parallel to the pogo pin programmer.

2. The maxim PCB works just fine. Left both sides of the converter connected ( RS232 side and the TTL side) connected to the Pogo pin programmer and used eepe to download and then upload the TH9x eeprom. No problem reported by eepe.

Very simple install and works well. ++ Cheap about $7 for the converter PCB.

Lindsay
Last edited by Pisces; Feb 28, 2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: price should be $7 delivered
Feb 28, 2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazz
It's almost ready

The boards are already on a plane. However the magnetometer version is delayed because of supplier holdup.

You can preorder here:
http://www.eraviv.com/store/page2.html
Will order when its ready

Talking about super tx
I would like one with two different modules and two 8ch receivers
16 channels total
er9x already has 16 channels right?
Mar 01, 2011, 03:40 AM
The Dreamer

ER9X-FRSKY MAX232 RS232/TTL converter interface

Hi group,

To follow up on my previous post I have now removed the connectors and wired up the RS232 TTL converter PCB using a MAX232 IC.

This Max232/TTL converter PCB complete unit was purchased;
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MAX232-RS232-...item2c5aac5e0a

This build is a direct plug in replacement for the 2 transistor veroboard RS232/TTL converter described here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4890

The MAX232 PCB is now powered from the FrSky DJT Tx module +5V and GND.

Note a 10k Ohm resistor has been soldered in-line in the converter TTL output Rxd to MOSI connection. This is consistent with the two transistor veroboard converter circuit which has a 10k Ohm pull up resistor to VCC. The Max232 converter PCB can be left permanently connected at both the FrSky Tx module RS232 side and the TTL Pogo Pin programmer side. EEPE was used with the converter PCB connected and worked just fine to read/write to the Atmega64.

Apologies for my scrappy hand notes/build instructions attached..

Credits go to Phos and Jpparisy for the idea of using MAX232 converter IC. I have only integrated the idea and taken it forward to the build method shown here.
Works fine, is easy to build and is cheap.
Happy Days
Lindsay
Last edited by Pisces; Mar 01, 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Add wiring diagram and Maxim data sheet
Mar 01, 2011, 03:56 AM
Hi Lindsay,
And thanks for this explanation with the photos. I'm waiting for my converter which has been sent yesterday. No switch needed, which is good! I keep you informed and I will attach some photos of my DHT installation as soon as possible.
Cheers,
Bertrand
Mar 01, 2011, 05:20 AM
Thanks Lindsay.

This little converter is very nice. I will add the 10k resistor to my assembly to avoid deconnection and reconnection.
Mar 01, 2011, 02:01 PM
Flight Surgeon
Erazz,

Just flashed to r338, kinda hoping for the flaperon template as discussed earlier, it's not there as far as I can tell.

I know how busy you are, this is just a gentle nudge

N.B the version screen on r338 still lists the details for r331 (unless I stuffed up somehow, although I don't think so), have you uploaded the earlier file again by accident?

(Standard version)
Last edited by FE Obsessed; Mar 01, 2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: mistake