Jun 30, 2010, 01:36 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
I think I know what my next PSS plane will be. I'd like to make a Piper Cub. Maybe I'll stretch the wings a little bit, shorter chord, and make it with a 5% RG-14. Whaddaya think?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2010, 02:11 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse
I think I know what my next PSS plane will be. I'd like to make a Piper Cub. Maybe I'll stretch the wings a little bit, shorter chord, and make it with a 5% RG-14. Whaddaya think?
I think the struts and LG are awfully draggy, aerodynamically speaking. Not to mention probably subject to frequent repairs from landings.

Heck, if you're gonna do that, why not a Pitts Special?
Jun 30, 2010, 02:26 AM
I don't know why, but I was glancing through some of the non-sailplane threads. It seems that everybody has a Piper Cub. I just wanted to to be a part of it...
Jun 30, 2010, 02:31 AM
lol.. EVERYBODY has a Slow Stick, too. If you're going to build a power ship, build a power ship. There's no shame in it. We'll forgive you. (Most of us.)

It'll give you something to fly at the local school yard those days the wind refuses to blow at the shore.
Jun 30, 2010, 02:37 AM
But I'm not going to build a power plane. It'll be a PSS plane. At the slope everybody has a Mustang or an Aircobra... I want a Piper Cub.
Jun 30, 2010, 03:46 AM
Well... far be it from me to dissuade you from your heart's desire, Pinky. Need a source for titanium for those struts and LG?
Jun 30, 2010, 04:09 AM
Nah... no titanium needed. I'll just attach them with magnets. That way they'll easily come off on landing.
Jun 30, 2010, 04:49 AM
The build log in the first "Sorry error please delete" thread didn't go so well. Perhaps, for this next attempt, we should do a build log of a car instead of an airplane:

Jun 30, 2010, 07:43 AM
Mondays still suck even when they're Wednesdays.
Jun 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
Pinky should like this one... You know those stories you read about how the pit bull that was always great around the kids suddenly went berserk and mauled one half to death for "no reason"? Here's what was happening just before that:
Jun 30, 2010, 03:39 PM
Gotta love the blissfully unaware boy, just asking to be eaten...

*nom nom nom*
Jun 30, 2010, 06:34 PM
It's all fun till Crunch!
That Pit Bull's gotta be dead, right?
Jun 30, 2010, 11:02 PM
registered weapon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
That Pit Bull's gotta be dead, right?
Proly just very high on magic marker fumes....Mom's thinking it's too quiet upstairs,'' Bobbie, what are you doing?"
Bobbie--" nothing mom, just coloring"...
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Jun 30, 2010 at 11:07 PM.
Jun 30, 2010, 11:20 PM
Another day, another 85 cents. (Dang this recession, anyway! )

Aside from the fact that I don't know of a dog that would let you get too close to them with those marker fumes (especially drawing on her FACE like that; and it is a female), you have to realize, somebody not only saw him doing this, but got the camera and took a picture!
Jun 30, 2010, 11:40 PM
EPP Extrordinare
hey guys, just got back from a camping trip...what did I miss???

Quick Reply