Aug 29, 2010, 10:03 PM
Sane til the lift starts!

I broke the shut off valve at the wall (soooo glad I turned off the water to the whole house ), had to make two trips to the hardware store, and cleaned up lots of nastiness..... ewwwww

I'm having a much needed smoke break before I put the toilet back down. I sure hope I get it seated on the wax ring properly on the first attempt. I bought a second ring anyway, just in case I mess up the first one.

I can't wait to take a shower. . .
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2010, 12:06 AM
Closed Account
horrifying stuff

http://www.qualitybath.com/blog/weir...oom-disasters/
Aug 30, 2010, 12:52 AM
You can't stop the signal. . .
Iron Chef America had some interesting timing. . . I turned on the TV jus in time to hear the Chairmen yell "BROCCOLI!!!"
Aug 30, 2010, 02:17 AM
Define "interesting..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse View Post

I broke the shut off valve at the wall (soooo glad I turned off the water to the whole house ), had to make two trips to the hardware store, and cleaned up lots of nastiness..... ewwwww

I'm having a much needed smoke break before I put the toilet back down. I sure hope I get it seated on the wax ring properly on the first attempt. I bought a second ring anyway, just in case I mess up the first one.

I can't wait to take a shower. . .
Boy, do you know how to vacation or what...

Kirk (you should have jiggled the handle) out
Aug 30, 2010, 12:32 PM
You can't stop the signal. . .
Maybe you can turn the extra gasket into a wax sculpture or something. . .
Aug 30, 2010, 02:36 PM
Actually I ended up needing to use both wax rings. The floor is built up around the drain pipe flange thingy, so one extra tall ring wasn't enough. I had to double stack two extra tall rings just to make it all seal up. And that witch's brew they call wax is weird nasty stuff. I got some on my fingers and it took forever to get my hands clean... blech...
Aug 30, 2010, 02:39 PM
I had nightmares last night. I heard water running for hours, and the toilet backed up and sewage was flowing into my workshop and ruining all my planes!

At one point I woke up and really did hear water running, but it was just a roommate taking a shower. Whew!
Aug 30, 2010, 03:05 PM
EPP Extrordinare
I had a dream I was building a plane, kinda funny how the hobby takes over ya ...
Aug 30, 2010, 03:07 PM
EPP Extrordinare
wind is good today 4 that new "water tower" spot, but I've got things to do today, maybe tomorrow or wednesday. I've just ordered parts for the new 60" plank prototype I'm designing. Hobby people is selling hs-82mg's for $18 they're normally $23 so hurry sale ends wed.!!!!
Aug 30, 2010, 03:20 PM
Now that I've got a bunch of coffee in me, it's time to get back to my airplanes! Gotta get sandin' and paintin'!

Let's see... where did I put that 400 grit sandpaper. . .
Aug 30, 2010, 05:16 PM
One half of our street was repaved today, and the other half will be done tomorrow. I'm really tempted to write something in the asphalt before it hardens.
Aug 30, 2010, 06:13 PM
EPP Extrordinare
hehehehe: "Pinky was here" :P
Aug 30, 2010, 06:55 PM
Maybe I'll write your name, address, phone #. . .
Aug 30, 2010, 07:02 PM
EPP Extrordinare
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 30, 2010, 07:03 PM
Well, I just sprayed the 2-part clear coat onto my mini-SR. I didn't have the HVLP gun dialed in at first with the air pressure and paint flow settings. I got a bit of orange peeling going on... too much air, causing it to dry/atomize too much before hitting the plane, which prevents the paint from flowing out level. After letting the first coat flash off for 10 minutes, I hit it with the second coat, which was a bit wetter. I think it'll work out OK. I might need to do a little bit of sanding and buffing on the orange peel areas, but I'll decide later whether or not to go through any more effort. A lot of stuff on this plane was just trying out new things anyway.

Now I have to resist the temptation to keep poking my finger on the plane to see if it's dry, even though I know it'll take a few hours.

Quick Reply