Thread Tools
Feb 01, 2013, 08:38 PM
You can't stop the signal. . .
Mr. Universe's Avatar
. . . . uh-huh.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2013, 11:01 PM
You can't stop the signal. . .
Mr. Universe's Avatar
Hello? -ello? -ello? -lo? lo?
Feb 01, 2013, 11:35 PM
Theoretical balsa dust maker
plane_tech's Avatar
Echo....Echo....Echo....Echo....Echo....Echo....Echo....
Feb 02, 2013, 12:30 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
TheNightowl's Avatar
If you'd put down a rug and get some furniture, it wouldn't echo like that in here!
Feb 02, 2013, 01:37 AM
It's all fun till Crunch!
Capt. Crunch's Avatar
Yes, for sure...
Feb 02, 2013, 04:36 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
kpeevyhouse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl
I have one of those little battery-operated, portable, hand-held sewing machines. Mine's not a Singer, but it is kind of like this:
I've seen the infomercials for those things. That thing is so great, that you can sew up a set of heavy curtains while they're hanging up on the rod!

Here's what I've been doing with my new sewing machine. Wing & tail covers! It's basically bubble wrap bonded on both sides with silver mylar material. The wings are now padded and insulated from the sun!

Feb 02, 2013, 05:13 AM
Living in the south of France
paulinfrance's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse
I've seen the infomercials for those things. That thing is so great, that you can sew up a set of heavy curtains while they're hanging up on the rod!

Here's what I've been doing with my new sewing machine. Wing & tail covers! It's basically bubble wrap bonded on both sides with silver mylar material. The wings are now padded and insulated from the sun!

With 5 temperatures here at the moment i could do with a set, but what does it fly like with your 'wing warmers ' ?.
Feb 02, 2013, 07:02 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
kpeevyhouse's Avatar
The wind hasn't been very good here lately. But I bet it would still fly on a 40mph day. Of course, the ailerons and elevators are covered up, so it would be a free flight.
Feb 02, 2013, 08:01 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
TheNightowl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse
Of course, the ailerons and elevators are covered up, so it would be a free flight.
Are you subtly implying there is something wrong with free flight? Hmmmm???
Feb 02, 2013, 08:48 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
kpeevyhouse's Avatar
Nope, nothing wrong with it at all. I just don't want to do it with a moldie!
Feb 02, 2013, 09:39 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Lil Stinkpot's Avatar
Actually, I bet that the stabilator's movement would deflect the cover, and it would resemble a full-flying stabilator. The ailerons, not so much, there's too much wing in front. I dunno, it might work. Barely.


I ain't gonna try.


Nice wing bags. As soon as I fine my sewing machine I gotta try that.
Feb 02, 2013, 11:15 AM
Registered User
Tick Point's Avatar
Kpeevyhouse; Your wing bag reminded me I have an emergency blanket that was taken out of its' package during a fire drill. I've kept it for years looking for a use and I think you found it! I'll start saving some bubble wrap.....hmmm what do I order now to get the most bubble wrap!
Feb 02, 2013, 12:00 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
cityevader's Avatar
In the insulation section of your hardware store they sell the foil/foam/foil or foil bubble wrap/foil stuff in varying sized rolls.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:41 PM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Up&Away's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away
A little teaser...
No, it's not a rocket. It's the wing of a Fling 2meter I am modding. Solite transparent red, and Solite white, instead of the original Monocote (in some places three layers of it!)...
Feb 02, 2013, 02:51 PM
Sane til the lift starts!
kpeevyhouse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick Point
Kpeevyhouse; Your wing bag reminded me I have an emergency blanket that was taken out of its' package during a fire drill. I've kept it for years looking for a use and I think you found it! I'll start saving some bubble wrap.....hmmm what do I order now to get the most bubble wrap!
Hey there! Long time no see!

I don't know how you would bond the silver blanket with the bubble wrap. I get the stuff that's already silver. Lowe's carries 3 sizes in my local store. I get the 24"wide x 25' long roll for about $25 Other sizes available by special order. It's a radiant insulation material.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_13357-56291-...g|1&facetInfo=



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whoops! Sorry, error, please delete MterBeest Slope 15840 Jun 25, 2010 10:06 AM
Mini-Review Sorry please delete this dup Crushalot Coaxial Helicopters 0 Oct 21, 2009 12:31 AM
Discussion SORRY! Unintened thread - please delete! VTOLicious Coaxial Helicopters 0 Oct 05, 2009 04:18 PM