Mar 07, 2012, 09:55 AM
You can't stop the signal. . .
Quote:
Bits Fall Off Plane

Foreign passengers told of their terror aboard a Tasmanian bound Qantaslink flight which was obliged to return to Sydney yesterday due to large bits falling off.

Some passengers were terrified that the 309 passengers were told few details of the mishap.

They said the plane 'Cracked in half like a boiled egg that was left in the water too long' before turning around.

As a precaution, fire trucks were on standby when the Piper Cub landed.

Passenger we can't show you his name, but he is a very scared man last night was still recovering from the ordeal.

'The fire from the landing gear made the emergency slide explode', the passenger said.
Oops. . .
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2012, 11:06 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
*yawn*

I'm so sleepy! Good thing it's bedtime.

Mar 07, 2012, 06:44 PM
registered weapon
I hope you brushed those teeth before you went to bed.... Wheeeww
Mar 07, 2012, 08:19 PM
399' and holding
Helloooooooo Friday!
10.5 hrs till the weekend!
Mar 07, 2012, 08:49 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Just learned we're taking a company-wide pay cut. 20%, never to be seen.

I'm upset about the cut, sure, but I'm fumed that they bought two new CNC mills to go with our pay cuts.

It's all ****'s fault, and the ******* ******* doesn't even work there any more. What a ......

*sigh*

/rant
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Mar 07, 2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Only need one "B" in "be"
Mar 07, 2012, 09:05 PM
399' and holding
Ouch...
Mar 07, 2012, 11:12 PM
*Wince*
Mar 07, 2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse View Post
*yawn*

i'm so sleepy! Good thing it's bedtime.

RAAAARRRRHHH!!!

Scary monster.
Mar 08, 2012, 12:22 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Universe View Post
RAAAARRRRHHH!!!

Scary monster.
Better double-check, and make sure that he's not under your bed, Mr. U.

Katie, so sorry to hear about the pay cut. I know how it is. Company I work for has made similar noises. Of course, I get paid strictly on production, not by the hour. Which means I'll have to work harder to make the same money, and probably fall short in the time allotted and make less. It'll be 4 years I've been with this company in July. Might have to think about movin' on, but I was kinda hopin' I'd retire on my way out of this one.
Mar 08, 2012, 12:51 AM
It wouldn't fit down there. There's too much stuff in the way.
Mar 08, 2012, 01:23 AM
And now a quote from Portal 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatly
Spooky down here, isn't it? Legend has it the foreman went completely mad one night, chopped up his entire crew! . . . of robots. All of them, robots. They say at night, you can still hear the screams! . . . Of their exact replicas. All functionally identical to the originals. No memory of the indecent, nobody knows what they're screaming about. It's all bloody terrifying, but obviously not . . . paranormal in any meaningful way.
Mar 08, 2012, 01:32 AM
Sounds like it should be called "Space Rednecks."
Mar 08, 2012, 02:40 AM
Wheatly is an A.I. that was actually designed to be a moron. So that explains his manner of speaking.
Mar 08, 2012, 04:53 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
Sorry to hear about the pay cuts Stinkpot. That always sucks. Due to a career change and several uninvited job description changes, my income has been steadily declining for the past 5 years. I'm almost down to half of what I was making in 2006. I can still make all my monthly bill payments and build airplanes, so I'm happy.

But... maybe you can get some "personal time" with the new CNC mills? There are all kinds of things that I would make for my planes if I had access to such equipment!
Mar 08, 2012, 05:58 AM
Man, I have felt like warmed over all night. Woke up feelin' crappy, and have not gotten any better tonight. This sucks.

Quick Reply