Dec 05, 2010, 03:48 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Universe
Challa-what?
No, just challa. The braided bread Jews make to give you heartburn...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2010, 04:15 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away
No, just challa. The braided bread Jews make to give you heartburn...
Mmmmm... Challa is GOOOD!

It's the acid in all that pickled stuff that gives you heartburn.
Dec 05, 2010, 04:21 AM
Or the dipping in chickenfat...
Dec 05, 2010, 04:25 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
Who said I wanted real Mexican food?

I was in the mood for Taco Bell, not for Mexican food....
Dec 05, 2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse
Who said I wanted real Mexican food?

I was in the mood for Taco Bell, not for Mexican food....
I am NEVER in the mood for Taco Bell, when REAL Mexican food is available.
Dec 05, 2010, 04:31 AM
Yay!

I just picked up a complete, NIB 72" Wanderer (Mark's Models version)! I can't wait to trace out all the parts and make a balsa crunchie!
Dec 05, 2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Yay!

I just picked up a complete, NIB 72" Wanderer (Mark's Models version)! I can't wait to trace out all the parts and make a balsa crunchie!
Hey! Off-topic talk about GLIDERS?
Dec 05, 2010, 04:42 AM
What can I say... I'm a rebel!
Dec 05, 2010, 04:50 AM
My very first RC plane was a Drifter II. It didn't fly all that well. I'm sure it was the plane's fault, since I was a natural-born master pilot. The Drifter didn't last all that long. Then I got a Wanderer, which was much easier to build and flew soooo much better! I built quite a few of those Wanderers even after moving to glow fuel planes.

I might still have some pictures of my planes from the 1980's & 1990's somewhere. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find them.
Dec 05, 2010, 04:59 AM
1993-ish with a riser 100, My dad and his 9 year old son, still have that plane even though it's been smashed to bits at least 2 very major times. Trans blue and white, worst colors to keep track of in the sky ever...

Thanks for turning me on to this thread, kpeevyhouse
Dec 05, 2010, 05:02 AM
Hey! Titan finally got a post!

I sure hope that you started from page 1 and read all the way through this thread.

For extra credit, you can read through the original thread which got locked. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961467
Dec 05, 2010, 05:05 AM
IIRC, one of my Wanderers was white, transparent blue, and sky blue. I thought it looked pretty back then, but most of the time all I could see were the white bits.
Dec 05, 2010, 05:10 AM
Quote:
IIRC, one of my Wanderers was white, transparent blue, and sky blue. I thought it looked pretty back then, but most of the time all I could see were the white bits.
Hmm.... I have an un-flown Slow Stick that I suppose I could call my first "finished" RC plane. First RC plane (kit) I purchased was a 2M Riser. lol.. I bought it 20 years ago, and it STILL needs to be covered.

(I still haven't figured out how I want to do the fuselage; whether I want to try to glass it, or just paint it. I know I do NOT want to try to Monokote it. )
Dec 05, 2010, 05:17 AM
Geez, I didn't know it's been 20 years! That poor Riser.... feeling so neglected.
Dec 05, 2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
...all I could see were the white bits.
The white bits are the tastiest...

Quick Reply