This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 27, 2010, 09:12 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad
Great old wakefield plan Gene Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2010, 09:47 AM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
I'm getting a "damaged file" message when trying to open the above "All American Rubber Model" file in Adobe Acrobat 5.0. Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

Planeman
I get that every so often on a file with my computer and just hit the little button on the end of the down load box and it picks up where it left off. Don't know what it is, but it just does that on files once in awhile, not always on the same file though, so I don't think it is the Reader doing it, I think it noise on the line and it's just dropped to many bits and gives up. Go back and do it again and I get a good down load.

Ed
Jul 27, 2010, 01:19 PM
Opened OK in Adobe Reader version 8.
Last edited by Jim Dean; Jul 28, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Jul 28, 2010, 07:22 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Here's an interesting one, the 1943 world record ornithopter.

Planeman
Jul 28, 2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks, once again, Planeman! I appreciate the Fairchild Amphibian being posted.

Joe
Jul 28, 2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks again Mr. Planeman! I find the Fairchild airplanes especially interesting; the Fairchild factory was located at Hagerstown Maryland, about 70 miles from where I live.

At least as interesting and maybe more so are the aircraft built by the company that preceeded Fairchild, the Kreider Reisner aircraft manufacturing company. They built the KR-31, the KR-34, and the KR 21....beautiful biplanes, one of them (KR-31) was OX5 powered. The KR-21 came out later than the KR-31 and KR-34(radial powered). The KR-21 was a taper wing radial powered biplane.
Last edited by Jim Dean; Jul 28, 2010 at 01:50 PM.
Jul 28, 2010, 01:47 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Kreider-Reisner Challenger

Jim-

You must be the designer/author of the lovely Kreider-Reisner KR-31&34 Challenger in Sept 1964 Grid Leaks? If yes, then THANKS A BUNCH Now, 46 years later, it sure cries out for modern brushless electric motor and tiny RC gear - at least it cries out to me!

I've attached rather low-res scans edited from a download I got from roguebay while they were around. Any chance you could bestow upon us a higher-quality scan of the plan?

-Dave
Jul 28, 2010, 02:44 PM
That was my Dad's article. I stiil have the Grid Leaks magazine with the Challenger article. I've often thought about re-drawing that plan in CAD but it seems that something has always gotten in the way. My Dad passed away in 1970 before he could finish his next article which was to be the Driggs Skylark. The full scale KR-31, KR-34 and the Driggs Skylark were all based locally at the Mexico Farms airport. There is a tremendous amount of aviation history in this area of western Maryland. If I can figure out how to post photos in this forum I'll post some photos of the mentioned airplanes if there is any interest. Also, I need to know where it would be appropriate to post them so as not to hijack this thread. If I can find a better copy of the plan or article on the Challenger I'll post it here.

OH, I almost forgot...thanks for posting the Challenger information!!
Last edited by Jim Dean; Jul 28, 2010 at 02:57 PM.
Jul 28, 2010, 04:57 PM
To post pix click on the "Go Advanced" button directly under the message box where you write your message.
Scroll down to "Attach Files" and click it.
Click where it says "Browse".
Locate the picture you want to post and click it. There are four or five of these buttons. You can fill each with a different pic.
When you have the pix you want in the little box (es) scroll down to where it says upload and click it. Wait until it tells you your pix are ready then scroll down below that and click "Submit Reply". Do not scroll up and click the button under the message box, the pix won't show up. You must go to the bottom "Submit Reply" box.
Good luck I look forward to seeing your pix.
Jul 28, 2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Here are some Fairchilds for you.

Planeman
Do you have the year of publication for the 36 inch gas powered Ranger Planeman??
It could be ideal for our scale 1/2A Texaco scale class if it was published pre 1950.

Allan
Jul 28, 2010, 06:25 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Here is the Kreider-Reisner KR-31,34 Challenger posted above by Dave Plumpe with the plan and write-up assembled into one for output. Thanks Dave!

Planeman
Jul 28, 2010, 06:30 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Do you have the year of publication for the 36 inch gas powered Ranger Planeman??
It could be ideal for our scale 1/2A Texaco scale class if it was published pre 1950.

If you mean the Berkeley plan for the Fairchild 24 Ranger-powered "Rancher" it was published in 1948. This is noted on the plan in the lower right corner. I built this model when I was about fifteen years old. It turned out great!

Planeman
Jul 29, 2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:

If you mean the Berkeley plan for the Fairchild 24 Ranger-powered "Rancher" it was published in 1948. This is noted on the plan in the lower right corner. I built this model when I was about fifteen years old. It turned out great!

Planeman

No Planeman, I was meaning the Paul Lindberg 24 R at 36 inches for gass free flight that6 you have attached above.

Allan
Jul 29, 2010, 06:13 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Paul Lindberg's Fairchild 24

Allan-

I think you'll find it is actually about 80" span. Note the 4" wing rib spacing on the plan and the scale of 2-1/4"=1'. Full-scale span was 36'4", which would lead to a model span of 81.75". According to the scan I have, it was published in October 1937 "Popular Aviation".

-Dave
Last edited by DPlumpe; Jul 29, 2010 at 06:43 PM.

Quick Reply