This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 27, 2015, 05:32 PM
Here's a speed 400, 39" span (990mm) version of the 1937 Flamingo from 'Mistairjoe' that was posted on another thread. I enlarged the scan and converted it. I didn't want to hijack Joe's thread, which wasn't about the Flamingo, hence why I posed it here. Hopefully someone has a higher resolution version of this scan they can post. Meanwhile, here's this.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2015, 05:55 PM

Froglite Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Nice. What is the exact wingspan? I'm guessing these were scanned at 200 dpi, but this forum can mess with image scaling, so we need to confirm. Given that data, I can use these and make a pdf plan for printing at the correct scale.
The span of the (flat) wing is 11.50 ins.

These are 300 dpi scans. I played about with the contrast etc to improve the quality of the photo in the top LHC.

Note the blacked out areas on the photo. I believe these cover frog logos etc.

Froglite models were a subset of frog rubber models made by Hales.
The boxes, the parts and plans were unchanged except for the branding.

The quality of the balsa in this kit is greatly improved over the typical mini series frog kits. However, wire is included rather than bent up wire parts.

Since I cannot put my hand on the plan right now, I can email the scans to OZ directly, or keep looking a little longer.

I had hoped the outlines of the parts could be enhanced.

I can scan the printed parts separated from the sheets if needed.
Nov 27, 2015, 06:17 PM

Froglite Mustang Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Nice. What is the exact wingspan? I'm guessing these were scanned at 200 dpi, but this forum can mess with image scaling, so we need to confirm. Given that data, I can use these and make a pdf plan for printing at the correct scale.
The plan size is 16.5 ins by 11.5 ins - by measuring the boarder lines.
Nov 28, 2015, 01:59 AM
correction
The plan size is 16.5 ins by 10.5 ins - by measuring the boarder lines
Nov 28, 2015, 04:30 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozejohn
...Since I cannot put my hand on the plan right now, I can email the scans to OZ directly...
That would be good, thanks. I think the forum software here randomly resizes jpgs for easier viewing, which is fine for looking at nice photos, but not so ideal as a way of sharing plans. If you email me the scans to me at outerzone, then it's simpler, that way I know they are both true, and true to each other.

Or you could just wrap the scans in zip files and they should post up here cleanly, either way.

Steve
Nov 29, 2015, 02:18 PM
Bootstraps FM 1950 from David Terrell scans. This scan was a little rough but I believe I've got a pretty usable plan from it. Unfortunately the article didn't fare as well. The last few pages aren't very legible.
Nov 29, 2015, 11:20 PM
sailplane nut
Hello from rcbobcat55 Great site! I am looking for a copy of the original plans for a Mayfly ff biplane for an atom .02 motor-it was a MAL kit also called the mini biwinger published in 1952 .Span about 12" There was just one posted on Ebay but someone kept outbidding me $1.00 at a time for it till it reached $42.00-way too much for something I only planned on using as a source of a plan to copy. I did locate s FM plan for one but it is far from the original outlines. I built one in the late 1950's with my uncle and we flew it at Wright Patterson AFB where he worked as an Aeronautical Engineer. As I recall, it flew somewhat like Joe Wagner's Dakota with a steep glide to keep it from wandering too far-we finally lost it in a thermal anyways. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much Bob M. PM is [email protected]
Nov 30, 2015, 01:13 AM
Is this it? If so, I've got it. Not my computer right now, but can post tomorrow if it is. Its on this thread somewhere. Also, Mal is still in business, and I believe offers a kit.
Nov 30, 2015, 08:37 AM
Hey, watch this!
The MayFly looks like a model I had when I was a kid. I put a Spitzy engine on it. If memory serves it was one of my models that was destroyed violently on the first launch. I had no clue about set up and trimming back then - little enough now come to think of it.

It might be fun to see if I could get a MayFly together with a TD .010 - hmmm.
Nov 30, 2015, 09:18 AM
Here's what you're looking for. Same plane, not sure why the different name. MAL Hobby Shop is still listed in Texas and they used to have a website, though it was down when I tried it.
Nov 30, 2015, 09:21 AM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA

Bootstraps by Henry Struck

Here's my rendition of Henry Struck's Bootstraps, with article, from June 1950 Flying Models. It evolved into a tricycle-geared Berkeley kit for RC, FF, or PAA. This would make a great, relaxing Oldtimer RC with an old .09 or .15, modern .074 or .09, or electric motor.

I mostly built the Berkeley kit about 1956, but never got to fly it - it got left behind in a move. My parents' priorities got screwed up.

- Dave Plumpe
Nov 30, 2015, 12:52 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Ok, here's the Frogflite Mustang as a PDF - this should now print out at full size, with wingspan of 11.5in.

This is in 2 pages, sorry I dont know how to get the file size lower, its at 400 dpi in colour, for a change, I never really do colour.

Steve
Nov 30, 2015, 04:42 PM
sailplane nut
Hello to tripacer and thanks much for posting the plans. Also, thanks to all of you for your contributions to this post. I am working on a set of plans for the KenHi Beaver and when I get them done I will let you know. I have a set of vellum masters for the KenHi Buzzer'D which were traced from an original set of plans from my friends kit.) The kit had never been opened and I had to have my local library treat them with some type of document spray before I could open them to do the tracings. I offer a complete laser cut kit for the full-size Buzzer'D and will soon be releasing a reduced size version for electric at about a 62" span. (the full size one had a 72" span) I am also working on a laser cut Playboy Cabin for electric at a 40" span. Thanks again and if anyone wants to PM me my e-mail is [email protected] Thanks again and keep up the good work Bob M.
Dec 01, 2015, 12:15 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
I came across this Northrop P-61 Black Widow plan by Sterling Models on the Outer Zone website. It was in .zip format and needed some work so as I had a soft spot for the "Widow", I cleaned it up. The "soft spot" is because my dad, a WW-2 Navy pilot, gave me a black hard rubber identification model of the "Widow" to play with when I was around four years old (1944) and I still remember it. I put both plan panels on one sheet to keep them together in one file. The height of the plan allows it to be printed out on a standard 36" ink jet printer as one long sheet.

Planeman
Dec 01, 2015, 04:16 PM
skumgummi dave
Thanks Rufus:

That's a beauty! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Dave-

Quick Reply