This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 30, 2015, 07:01 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction

Pacemaker by Irwin Ohlsson

Does anyone have a scan of this plan? Designed by Irwin Ohlsson and published in Air Trails 1940, I believe. I have a line on the later OK MOdel Pilot version, but I would really like to see the original plan as published in the 1940s.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2015, 07:35 AM
RFJ
RFJ
This one ?

Ray
Oct 30, 2015, 07:56 AM
WMD
WMD
Haha. Outstanding, thanks Ray that was fast.
Oct 31, 2015, 05:48 AM
WMD
WMD
Ok, I have another request. This isn't even about a plan, I'm afraid. My apologies, but I can't think of a better place to ask than on here: I'd really like a higher resolution image of the Frog Jupiter as it was shown in this ad, scooped from the forum at
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...p?th=57874&p=1 that's a nice scan, but it's at about 100 dpi I rellly want a higher resolution one (maybe at say 400 or 600 dpi) so I can try and enlarge it more without so much pixellation. So, can anyone out there help with this - ahem, mentioning no names, just, well ...anyone out there who has some colossal stacks of basically every magazine ever printed ready to hand.
Oct 31, 2015, 11:52 AM
The Goldberg 1/2A Blazer is on the NFFS Nostalgia Approved List as a 1956 design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
It would be nice if the Blazer came out before '57 ('56 or before), as that would make it SAM legal for nostalgia. I have an unbuilt kit that I might have to put together if that's the case. Actually I don't need an excuse to build it, I just have way too many other projects ahead of it.
As for THEM, I've never watched it, guess I'm going to have to!
Oct 31, 2015, 12:04 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Ok, I have another request. This isn't even about a plan, I'm afraid. My apologies, but I can't think of a better place to ask than on here: I'd really like a higher resolution image of the Frog Jupiter as it was shown in this ad, scooped from the forum at
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...p?th=57874&p=1 that's a nice scan, but it's at about 100 dpi I rellly want a higher resolution one (maybe at say 400 or 600 dpi) so I can try and enlarge it more without so much pixellation. So, can anyone out there help with this - ahem, mentioning no names, just, well ...anyone out there who has some colossal stacks of basically every magazine ever printed ready to hand.
Hi Steve, I didn't bother searching. I just scanned the page you showed, but at 600 dpi. The scan weighs 6 MB, so I compressed it and here it is.
I could send you the full 6 mega by email if you need it.
Oct 31, 2015, 12:21 PM
WMD
WMD
Nice one, thanks Brian, if you can email me that, that's great. Thanks very much.
Oct 31, 2015, 02:57 PM
Now I have to land that thing?
Now if we can get the parts sheets scanned for all those Frog plans with "incomplete formers"...

I don't feel hopeful finding Frog kits on this side of the pond.
Oct 31, 2015, 04:08 PM
Which kits are you looking for ?
Nov 01, 2015, 10:09 AM

have you looked here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGregory
Now if we can get the parts sheets scanned for all those Frog plans with "incomplete formers"...

I don't feel hopeful finding Frog kits on this side of the pond.
House of Frog home to frog plans

http://www.houseoffrog.co.uk/
Nov 01, 2015, 05:37 PM
Now I have to land that thing?

Frog plans, incomplete formers

Steve has a 62 Frog plans on outerzone. There are three groups of Frog plans 1. plan has complete part info so you can build right off plan, fab parts as needed, 2. unverified as to whether the plan has complete formers (ribs and bulkheads, etc). and 3. plans that distinctly are missing formers.

I think with a little work almost any plan's formers can be eyeballed and interpolated with a little work, but you might not end up with an accurate edition of the plane, or worse yet an unfliable one.

I have attached a list of the three categories of plans on outerzone.co.uk. Maybe somebody with a kit can make a photocopy of the parts sheets, and then maybe someone can even CAD-ify those for more precision.

Steve's very own mascot, the Jupiter, would be a neat build. Another I've looked at for my growing fleet of PAWs is the Aerobat.

Cheers - Poughkeepsie Pete

** For some reason RCG was not taking the original MS Word file so I uploaded as PDF.
Nov 02, 2015, 03:15 PM
Whilst they are not your side of the pond, A&DB models in UK do provide laser cut versions of several Frog models. Their website is at http://www.adbmodelaircraft.co.uk/
Nov 03, 2015, 01:51 AM
Matt Haugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
This one ?

Ray

Irwin Ohlsson launches his “Pacemaker” at the old Rosecrans and Western field. It is powered by an early “Gold Seal” engine
(Photo: Dick Tichenor)

Via http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Ohlsson.htm

Nov 03, 2015, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffboy

Irwin Ohlsson launches his “Pacemaker” at the old Rosecrans and Western field. It is powered by an early “Gold Seal” engine
(Photo: Dick Tichenor)

Via http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Ohlsson.htm

What a beautiful shot! Those vintage models really take a lot of "heft" to get airborne, but they sure have "presence" in the air.

Pete G
Nov 07, 2015, 03:07 PM
Sky Master FM 1959. Reworked from David Terrell's scans.

Quick Reply