This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 08, 2015, 03:52 PM
TLAR Aviation
Well, here are single PDF files for the article and plans. The article scan in particular is pretty poor quality but what I have are scans, not originals, so I can't do much to improve them. No doubt someone more capable than me (low bar!) would be able to do that, as well as rescale the plans to full size, etc.

Should make a nice model. You going to build it, Bruce?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2015, 04:01 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D
.......s rescale the plans to full size, etc.........
Plan rescaled and straightened......
Oct 08, 2015, 04:18 PM
B for Bruce
Harry, I'm quite tempted.

The plan turned up in a box of magazines that I brought home from this past weekend's FF meet. So it's a totally new design to me.

We don't get access to larger fields as much any more and I miss not being able to fly some casual FF. A smaller model that incorporates an accurate DT timer could be used for some small field fun with the timer used to ensure that the model doesn't try to leave the field.

The Flying Scott MIGHT be a bit big for a ball diamond and outfield size spot or a football pitch. But it's not far off the mark. And the extra lumber used in this design might just make it a bit less likely to latch onto a thermal strongly to boot. So it may not be as misguided a choice as it could be for smaller field flying.
Oct 08, 2015, 04:30 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Here's the complete plan including parts...be sure to check the measurements prior to cutting wood..this was a quick job and not much reference on the parts sheets but an excellent job of scanning by Harry.......
Oct 08, 2015, 11:08 PM
I'd rather be flying.....

Cub Canard by Paul DelGatto .049

Everyone this is Paul Del Gatto's Cub Canard full size scan from my original issue of the Feb 1950 Flying Models.

the OK Cub .049 powered the original but use any power system today... has anyone built this one ?

this has been shared with outerzone.

enjoy,

jeff
Oct 09, 2015, 08:31 PM
looking for plans for the mitchell b25 that appeared in FLYING MODELS
Designed by Mike Metcalf for rubber power or electric

Thanks
Walt Bub
[email protected]
Oct 09, 2015, 10:19 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Try Outerzone....

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2575
Oct 10, 2015, 12:04 PM
So I started to clean and stitch Jeff's wonderful scan of the Club Canard together when I came across a problem: When I went to stitch the Fuse sides together I found one much wider than the other. They're not even close to be able to stitch together. At first I thought they were scanned at different DPI's. This is an occasional issue where one page is scanned at 300 and the other at 150, so the sizes are different. But this one is correct, all pages scanned at the same DPI. So, I measured the width of the cross braces and the longerons which all measured the same. Next I counted the cross braces thinking one was missing, hence the difference in the width where they're supposed to match up. But after counting the side view of the plan and then the two halves, both come out to 16. So my guess is that this a mistake that magazine made or that the halves need to be further apart. Perhaps another set of eyes Ian (Circlip), Brner or someone else could see what I might not be seeing?
Oct 10, 2015, 02:34 PM
Magazine error Tri-pacer. If you set a vertical guide line to position the spacing between the vertical spars, there's a gap between the "Y - Y" lines, but then you need to "Scale" vertically when adding the layer. I kept the RHS of the plan as base and scaled the LHS.

Regards Ian.

Sometimes the DPI can be the same but if the image has been "Tiffled" the scales don't line up. Had a brain numbing exercise when trying to compact the "Zephyr" instructions that RFJ posted on the forum. Similar problem to this, BUT, the image sizes were totally different although 300 dpi. I checked for this on these plans but they tally.
Last edited by Circlip; Oct 10, 2015 at 02:46 PM.
Oct 10, 2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks Ian! As I've said before, there were probably a lot of frustrated kids and or a lot of liberties taken when building from these old magazines!
Chuck
Oct 10, 2015, 04:38 PM
pd1
pd1
My initials in the top corners of the plan offended someone. I've removed the plan.
Plan with my initials removed available on the next page.
Last edited by pd1; Oct 12, 2015 at 06:55 AM.
Oct 10, 2015, 07:43 PM

Cataglide clg

From Flying Models October 1954 Not sure if I scanned it or if I found it someplace on line. Hoping this is old enough that Thayer, who is reviving FM, won't mind.
Oct 10, 2015, 08:40 PM
Ian , Chuck and PD1 thanks for all the work on that cub canard plan, I had no idea of the errors in it. There's no doubt a few mods would be ad libbed by anyone building from the plan in the magazine.....

best regards,

jeff
Oct 10, 2015, 11:55 PM
Veco White Cloud. I had one that tolerated a 150 foot long flight due to my major inexperience in 1964. Now, 51 years later, I think I have this flying thing figured out.
Does anyone have plans??
Oct 11, 2015, 08:36 AM

Can-Stunt paul del gatto Dec 1950 FM

well here we go again, another canard by a prolific master Paul Del Gatto.... the Can-Stunt control line O&R 23 powered stunt model...

Scanned directly from my issue of Flying Models December 1950 the plans are full size.

it looks very intriguing and I'll bet when adjusted properly it would fly really well.....

this has been submitted to outerzone.

enjoy,

jeff

Quick Reply