This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 22, 2015, 09:52 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by faif2d
great thanks to both Sundancer and Circlip for the response!!! This is a wonderful community!!!
My pleasure faif. Just let us know how it goes if you build one!

Ian; nice job on the plan, easily good enough to build from.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2015, 04:13 PM
Miss FM '50, David Terrell scan.
It appears that Mr. Schroder was a fan of Bill Winter's design, the "Sportster", which came out the year before. It looks like a cabin version of it and shows a .23 O&R in the nose, just like the Sportster.
As the old saying goes, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Sep 24, 2015, 10:39 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Has anyone seen this one around? My neighbor built one around 79 or 80. Very nice flyer.
Sep 24, 2015, 12:09 PM

White Cloud/Curtiss Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm
Has anyone seen this one around? My neighbor built one around 79 or 80. Very nice flyer.
The Curtiss Robin (semiscale) from Grid Leaks Magazine is a modified White Cloud plan.
Search it on Outerzone as Curtiss Robin of Don Knaust.
regards Pit
Sep 24, 2015, 02:16 PM
1964 to 1966 I was stationed at SAC outside Omaha. Attached is a photo of a shoulder wing design and me. In the background is a Veco White Cloud on single channel. A good flying model. Photo a bit dark. Jack
Sep 24, 2015, 02:23 PM
Photo touch up. jack
Sep 27, 2015, 12:21 PM
Sportliner FM '52, David Terrell scan.
This one would be nice to scale up a bit, add ailerons too.
Sep 28, 2015, 11:34 PM
Harry Carry FM '58 David Terrell scan.
Dose anyone know about Harry Gould's second model the Harry "C"?
Oct 01, 2015, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougdave
Here is a Flying Aces Parasol. It's a small stick model by Lou Garami. July 1936
Was just looking through the July 1936 Flying Aces. I noticed that the files for the Flying Aces Parasol here didn't include the later pages of the article. Here they are. See attached.

The other files can be found in post 9247 in this thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postnum=9247
Oct 08, 2015, 12:41 PM
B for Bruce
I have a mission for those of you with collections of old magazines.

I found a partial plan in a copy of Model Airplane News from February 1943 for a model called the Flying Scot by Scotty Mayors. Sadly a couple of pages were partially cut but there's a half a plan for the wing and fuselage along with the full article.

The model is a 32 inch span semi scale design for rubber power. Scotty describes it as a semi scale model to get used to trimming and flying low wing full on scale models. But by any standards this one is a delight to the eyes. If not done for rubber power it would still be a great model done as a lightweight electric RC conversion.

The magazine I have has the article as well as the parts pages intact. But half of the overall plan page is missing.

Here's a tease to encourage some of you to dig through your magazine collections....
Oct 08, 2015, 01:26 PM
TLAR Aviation
Quote:
...The magazine I have has the article as well as the parts pages intact. But half of the overall plan page is missing.
Does this help? Other article pages available too if required.
Oct 08, 2015, 03:04 PM
B for Bruce
Harry, that hits the nail squarely on the head to microscopic tolerance. Thanks! And FAST TOO!

WMD, you may want to link or grab this as this design isn't at Outerzone at the moment.

For those that need yet ANOTHER plan to download here are the other parts pages to go with the overall plan supplied by Harry. My version of Gimp 2 doesn't do PDF's so I've given these as JPG's. But hey, that's what size altering photocopiers are for, eh?

If someone can put all these together into a single multi page PDF that would be sweet.

Quick Reply