Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY - Page 94 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 20, 2010, 03:38 AM
Thank pd1 for this file
Gene
Last edited by rchopper56; Nov 20, 2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Potential copyrite issues
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1
Boulton Paul Defiant.
Sorry, it was missing a piece right down the middle.
If I get that section, I'll re do the center.

Paul
Well...thanks to colonel Blink and Paul we have yet another of these wonderful designs from H.J. Towner

I was unaware of the amount of designs this chap had done, from research there must be getting on for 50 scale models he has drawn and so beautifully too. With the advent of modern lightweight radio gear and electric power, I am sure that many of these would be able to be constructed once more as superb flying models.

I was very impressed by the quality and draughtsmanship of the 'Airspeed Oxford' and the 'Avro Anson' both recently posted and now we have the lovely little 'Defiant'. I expect that I am not alone in really appreciating the work for those involved on here to restore these gems digitally for posterity.

Long may this thread continue and we may well see many more of these superb designs appear.

Thank you once again to those involved for their perseverance.

Regards

Bridon
Last edited by Bridon; Nov 20, 2010 at 05:39 AM.
Nov 20, 2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchopper56
Thank pd1 for this file
Gene
rcchopper, please, can you post the Senior Falcon tailplane also ?

this plane is still a unfulfilled youth dream for me..

Thanks Renato
Last edited by latinRClover; Nov 20, 2010 at 06:50 AM.
Nov 20, 2010, 07:38 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbin
This might be a good exercise for me to learn how to use GIMP and Inkscape.

Pete
I download GIMP last night too... but got so totally confused, I just posted them as is. If you find out how to do it, let me know!!

Last edited by Colonel Blink; Nov 20, 2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Original posted in a hurry - didn't read the thread!!
Nov 20, 2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinRClover

Thanks Renato
I'm sorry for that is all that I have of this Goldberg masterpiece.
Gene
Nov 20, 2010, 08:15 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinRClover

Thanks Renato

Plans are available for $25 :
http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/...es/cplans.html
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/p...fs/f-plans.pdf
Nov 20, 2010, 08:19 AM
Here is a pretty rubber or small glow powered biplane from MAN June 1950. The designer: Walter Musciano. The plans are just begging to built. Scan was line art at 600 dpi.
Gene
Nov 20, 2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Thanks a lot ! I really can't imagine that originals are still for sale ! (but they say no more direct sales :-( ....)
I want to scrath built one ( 'cause orig kits became way too overpriced on the famous site, not to mention shipping charges to europe )
Moreover I am looking for a pure orig version and not a ( maybe better who knows ) "reinterpreted" one .
Renato
Last edited by latinRClover; Nov 20, 2010 at 09:18 AM.
Nov 20, 2010, 09:25 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridon
Well...thanks to Colonel Blink and Paul we have yet another of these wonderful designs from H.J. Towner Thank you once again to those involved for their perseverance.
Paul's done the hard work, and for that I thank you a lot. All that I did was lob the plan under a photocopier (and not very well, by the looks of it!). The lesson here was that I should have overlapped the scans better. I'll do a 'repair' scan of the missing section next week.

If Paul or someone else is prepared to do the 'hard' bit, then I am quite happy to scan the other Towner plans I've got......hopefully someone will build one and let us see it!!!

It's things like this which really show the power and cooperation of people in forums such as this - as the RCG pixies tell me Paul is 5100km away from me, I take it that this is transatlantic teamwork!

Colin
Last edited by Colonel Blink; Mar 10, 2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Discovered correct English plural of 'forum'
Nov 20, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hi everybody,

Is there anybody who have the plan of the Zoomer?

Thank you,

Bernard
Nov 20, 2010, 05:53 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Here are a couple of oldies. A Bermuda Dive bomber and Zero A6M2

Scott
Nov 20, 2010, 09:08 PM
can someone please help me out i am chasing a copy of a stardust special plans.

thanks in advance
Nov 20, 2010, 10:24 PM
does anyone know of an online service that has reasonable prices to get larger size prints made? say 24 by 36 inches or larger? hate having to tape stuff together.
Nov 20, 2010, 10:31 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
Most Architects and blueprint shops can help you.
Nov 20, 2010, 10:54 PM
Owner - Flying Models
FedEx Office charges about $1 per sq ft and will deliver it to your door however fast you need it.
http://www.fedex.com/us/office/

Thayer