This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 05, 2015, 01:30 PM
If the 3/8" squares are correct, 32.28" span.

Regards Ian.
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2015, 06:10 PM
I like thermals
Perchance, does anyone have the wing and stab rib pattern for Sal Taibi's half a Spacer? The available plan on Outerzone does not show these details.

Much thanks in advance...
May 05, 2015, 07:24 PM
Here, try this.
May 05, 2015, 07:38 PM
I like thermals
Eureka, Tri-Pacer. Exactly what was needed. I will be off to the print shop tomorrow.

You must have an incredible plans collection. Thank you so much for sharing. Hope Steve/Outerzone wil pick this up too.

Regards..
May 05, 2015, 08:15 PM
Now I have to land that thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Here, try this.
That seems to be an earlier release of the 1/2A Spacer.
The file Steve has on file now is one I sent him from a kit I have but it was released from Campbell Models.

I just scanned the actual pieces, but the new plan is probably the way to go.

Let me know if there is anything else you need...
Last edited by PGregory; May 05, 2015 at 08:35 PM.
May 05, 2015, 08:27 PM
I like thermals
PGregory, thank you so much. It appears tri-pacer's plan is from California Model Company, the folks who kitted Taibi's designs, re-offerred by MRL, but it indicates 200 sq. inches wing area, whereas the Campbell's plan indicates 242 sq. In. I can't tell the difference on my little tablet, but maybe on a pc, and I may take both files to Kinko's, print both at 100% and see what I get.

As an aside, and all of you guys probably know this, but I followed the lead on tri-pacer's plan to the Model Research Labs website, which indicates that all their plans are now available as free downloads.....

Thanks for the assistance gentlemen. Much appreciated.
May 05, 2015, 08:36 PM
Great and thanks for the tip on RML plans - let the Rumpus begin!
May 05, 2015, 08:50 PM
I like thermals

Spacer 200 sqare inch instructions from Model Research Labs

Let's see if I can make this work. Attempting to attach detailed instructions for the 200 square inch Spacer, which MRL indicates is a 10% reduction of the original to compensate for the modern short engine run.

They did the same thing with Goldberg's 1/2a Viking a couple years ago. The BMJR kit is reduced in size from the original to compensate for shorter engine runs.
May 05, 2015, 08:55 PM
If anybody wants I can trace the ribs i have onto paper, scan and post.
May 05, 2015, 09:17 PM
I like thermals
Please do. And thank you again for the response.
May 06, 2015, 08:06 AM
"re-offerred by MRL, but it indicates 200 sq. inches wing area, whereas the Campbell's plan indicates 242 sq."

The plan I posted was originally 252 sq in, I forgot to tell you to scale it up, sorry! Anyway, I have all the Spacers up to 1200 sq in if needed.
May 07, 2015, 03:00 PM
I like thermals
Thanks tri-pacer. I thought of that as well. I like the size model produced by the plan you provided and have had it printed at 100% for a try at electric power. I hope to get to the 252 sq. in. soon for 1/2a glow.

Thanks again for the responses from both gentlemen. Much appreciated.
May 08, 2015, 03:59 PM

Cavalier

David

I did send a E-mail to Greg and ordered the plan. We will now wait and see If it get`s to this side off the world. To Ian and Ray thanks for the trouble in trying to Help. I do appreciate your effort.

Kind Regards

CJ
May 08, 2015, 10:58 PM

Sal Taibi 1/2A Spacer - Rib Outlines

Here's the scan of the rib outlines I was able to get.

If these are sufficient, great.
If anyone has a better method, let me know.

Remember, the lines you see are outside the edge of the rib.
Maybe as much as 1/64 or so.

I can shoot these again with a camera at a prescribed height, if anyone has software that accounts for the non-planar effect of shooting that way. Canon 5D MKII with L lenses.

Cheers,
Poughkeepsie Pete
May 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Greetings to all, I am in search model plane old timer "1941 - Tipper" Charles Hollinger, if anyone has or knows where to get somewhere I would appreciate directed.
I am enthusiastic about these models and this would be my next project.

thank you very much

Quick Reply