This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 20, 2015, 02:01 PM

Hear is the last Kit from recent estate sale score

Dyna-Moe
34'' WS
Wally Simmers
rubber FF
Midwest #402

I built one of these as a teen ager : )
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2015, 03:00 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction

Electron by Bill Winter?

This just came in as an article scan - I am wondering if anyone out there has the plan at full size / higher resolution. The plan is called Electron and was featured in PM April 1952, in the article "Fly 'em by Radio"
Mar 21, 2015, 04:10 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtmagick
Republic Thunderjet F-84F
15'' WS
scale FF glider
Cleveland
Newt
Just to nit-pick a bit.
I think that the image on the Cleveland "Thunderjet" box isn't a Thunderjet.
It looks like the "Thunderstreak" or "Thunderflash" (I can't remember which...).
I think the Thunderjet had straight wings (no sweepback).
If my memory is correct, that's a surprising error for a kit box image...
Mar 21, 2015, 07:36 AM
IIRC, the F-84F was the Thunderstreak, whilst the Thunderflash was the recco version of the F-84F, i.e., the RF-84F. The Thunderjets were the straight-winged F-84's, whilst the Thunderstreak and Thunderflash were the swept-winged versions.

Somewhere downstairs my wife has some shots of me posing in front of the "mascot" airplane of my USAF Basic Training Squadron -- and F-84F. Hey, it was better than the next-door squadron's "mascot" -- a Quail decoy drone!.

CD
Mar 21, 2015, 10:23 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
Yeah CD, I think it's just a case of chronological development:
Thunderjet ---> Thunderstreak ---> Thunderflash, and finally the Thunderchief (Thud, F105 I think, which was very different of course).
Anyway, looking at the box and plan, only the name is Thunderjet... The drawing (i.e. the actual model) and the box image are both of a Thunderstreak... Surprising...
Mar 21, 2015, 05:22 PM
I'd rather be flying.....

falcon models WESTWIND 24" 1946? plan scan

Hi Everyone -

this is a scan of my original falcon models kit full size plan and wood scans. It is a 24" rubber powered cabin model and looks to be an excellent flier.

The design is a bit dated for the 1940s, looking to be from the mid 1930s. That just adds appeal to me though

The kit was very well done and had die cut ribs and a printed parts sheet.

I have added a corrected plan scan but will leave the first post.

SteveWMD-this has been shared with outerzone...

Enjoy,

Jeff

PS - I have one more full size plan to add then that is it until I can find competency at the copy centers within driving reach ! I can't describe the time and issues just to get these last two scans completed..... it's very frustrating as I'm sure most of us have experienced ....
Last edited by JeffMac; Mar 23, 2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: plan updated
Mar 21, 2015, 07:08 PM

Westwind 24 ???

Jeff Mac, I am sure by now you realize you have put up the wrong plan. At least what I get is the plan for the California Bambino which in fact I am very happy to have as the California Model Co. is one of my favorite old model companies. When I was eleven or twelve I built a California Models PT-19 which I flew for many years. It was no stunter, just round and round but that's what I did in those days. I really would like to find the plans for that model. That one I would defiantly build again just to hang up. I also built a small California Models boat. I can't remember the name of it. I saw Lud Kading run one at Huntington lake one summer. I guess he must have designed it. Hear is a blurry old picture of my PT-19.

Newt
Mar 21, 2015, 08:21 PM

oooppps

Quote:
Jeff Mac, I am sure by now you realize you have put up the wrong plan. At least what I get is the plan for the California Bambino which in fact I am very happy to have as the California Model Co. is one of my favorite old model companies. When I was eleven or twelve I built a California Models PT-19 which I flew for many years. It was no stunter, just round and round but that's what I did in those days. I really would like to find the plans for that model. That one I would defiantly build again just to hang up. I also built a small California Models boat. I can't remember the name of it. I saw Lud Kading run one at Huntington lake one summer. I guess he must have designed it. Hear is a blurry old picture of my PT-19.

Newt
well that's part of the competency issues !!! they scanned and put the bambino and westwind onto one PDF. And I don't know how to separate them. I'll update my original post to say " go to PG 2 for the Westwind"....

Bambino = that one I will add parts scans then post it.

Thanks for the history of California model co. the PT 19 is a nice model ! This company also kitted at least two high performance freeflights - one rubber, one glow....

Best Regards,

Jeff
Mar 21, 2015, 09:32 PM

JeffMac

I will guess the H.P. glow was the Spacer. What was the Rubber powered?

Newt
Mar 21, 2015, 09:36 PM

JeffMac

I just discovered the Falcon is there to. Glad I found it.

Newt
Mar 22, 2015, 04:44 PM
Ad eos qui nesciunt crepitus

Dynajet Mig 15 MAN January 1957

Gentlemen,

I've recently inherited about 20 OLD Model Airplane News mags dating from 1957,58, and 60.....they're full of plans.....unlike that POS mag the AMA puts out now.....sorry, but it's the way I feel....anyway, if there is any interest, I'll be happy to scan the plans and post them here and on OuterZone......they are too numerous to list, but keep in mind that RC was in it's infancy back then, so most of the airplanes are C/L and FF. I'm thinking I could post one or two at a time.....

Originals are very yellowed, so there's a "grey" background. Articles are at 300 dpi...plans are at 600 dpi.....I don't have the editing software (the skill, or the time) to clean the scans...but maybe someone else does.

Enjoy

O_P
Latest blog entry: Getting closer on The Plank
Mar 22, 2015, 05:50 PM
Ad eos qui nesciunt crepitus

MAN January 1957 - Quickie Mail Plane - Rubber FF

Quickie Mail Plane
Latest blog entry: Getting closer on The Plank
Mar 22, 2015, 10:03 PM

california model co.

Quote:
I will guess the H.P. glow was the Spacer. What was the Rubber powered?

Newt
Newt the California model co. " Thunderbuggy " is it, plan available from aerodyne.....

this is the one I was thinking of....

Best Regards,

jeff
Mar 22, 2015, 11:45 PM

Profile Speedster, also thanks for the Quickie Mail plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Pilot
Quickie Mail Plane
Thanks for your scans of the Quickie Mail plane. It appeared in the March/April issue of Tailspin, but it's sharper here. My intuition had been that this would be an ugly model, but, judging by the pictures, it really isn't.

The Bay State Squadron in Massachusetts is flying the "Airmail" event this year. Two out of 3 clean approaches after min 15 second ROG flight qualifies you for the mass launch. Models to be 20 inch span max, have open cockpit with open cockpit and headrest, exhausts, tail wheel or skid and US Mail or AIr Mail markings in at least two places. Doesn't have to be scale. We are told that the event was revived at Pinkham Field in Connecticut last year.
--------------
I just scanned the Profile Speedster by Louis Garami, from the November 1936 Flying Aces. See attached files.
Last edited by lincoln; Mar 22, 2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: they moved the image order function and I didn't find it at first
Mar 23, 2015, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Pilot
Quickie Mail Plane
A clean copy plan of the Quickie Mailplane is on Outerzone.
regards Pit

Quick Reply