This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 26, 2015, 09:37 AM
RFJ
RFJ
There is Colonel - I have added it to my original post.

Ray
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2015, 10:59 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Here's another question. Jeffmac kindly sent me these 2 pages from Nov 1936 MAN that show a drawing a photo of how to convert the KG parasol design into a cabin model. Does anyone have a scan of the original KG plan, to go with this? The text on page 1 mentions the 'KG-3' and the drawing says "Complete plans for the original 'KG' Gas Job can be obtained from MAN" ...I'm guessing it was from earlier in 1934...

Steve
Feb 26, 2015, 11:14 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Quote:
.I'm guessing it was from earlier in 1934
The KG was published in MAN April and May 1935.

This is the original non cabin fuselage.

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Feb 26, 2015 at 11:47 AM.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:15 AM

1936!?! Heck that was 10 years before I was born! Soon someone will be asking for plans for Da Vinchi's glider, Icarus' wings and even Noah's dove (Hmmm, I guess they'd have to talk to Bill Cosby about that last one

Just kidding guys this is turning into a real history lesson keep it up.

Cheers

Sr Falcon
Feb 26, 2015, 11:22 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink
Ray - is there an article to go with it? I'm tempted.......
That's what I like to hear Colonel, already thinking about a subject for the next build off!
Feb 26, 2015, 11:29 AM
I'd rather be flying.....
Steve i'll look deeper into my " archives " for the KG...... I have a book by C.Grant which may have his plan.

Jeff
Feb 26, 2015, 12:26 PM
WMD
WMD
That's great, thanks Ray. Not sure where I got the idea of 1934 from. I hate to be a pain, but is there any chance you could scan the other pages (wing plus formers, hopefully?) of that plan, and the article text too? I'd like to list the original plan and then the conversion article, as completely as possible.
Feb 26, 2015, 01:38 PM
Steve, another neat plane in that article is the "Twin rudder job". Does your article say anymore about that one?
Feb 27, 2015, 06:52 AM
RFJ
RFJ
KG article and plan sent direct to Steve at Outerzone - way too big to post here.

Ray
Feb 27, 2015, 07:08 AM
WMD
WMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Steve, another neat plane in that article is the "Twin rudder job". Does your article say anymore about that one?
Sorry, that's all I have, just the 2 page scans as shown above. Looking at the text on page 1 though, I guess that's all there is on the twin rudder job. Just a quick mention and pic.
Mar 01, 2015, 11:40 PM

twin rudder job

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
just a note regarding the designer of the pictured model- bob file was a "known"

modeler and had some models in zaic's yearbooks and maybe a published model also....

checking the yearbooks could lead somewhere ?

best regards,

jeff
Mar 07, 2015, 01:16 PM

robert hare WITTMAN RACER rubber MAN May 1940

Hi Everyone-
This is the WITTMAN Racer by Robert Hare scanned directly from my issue of MAN May 1940.

It looks like it would be a fine flier on moderate power with a long motor run flying rubber freeflight. Electric RC would also be a nice way to duplicate this rare model.

this has been shared with outerzone.

Enjoy,

Jeff
Mar 12, 2015, 12:51 AM

M.A.C. Fighter

Here are scans for a model of the "M.A.C. Fighter" by Bill Winter. From the November, 1936 Flying Aces. The one with chemical warfare on the cover. Ugh!

I don't know why, but the files came out much larger than I expected.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:44 AM

XC1 Canard from Robert Kendal

Hello from Germany

I am searching one scan from Robert Kendal
the XC 1 Canard out the American Modeler October 1967

please the Plan Page scanning with 400dpi or higher.

Greetings Bernd
Mar 12, 2015, 11:50 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Bernd,

If you are lucky Circlip will be along shortly with a cleaned up full size version

Ray
Last edited by RFJ; Mar 12, 2015 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply