This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 14, 2015, 06:52 PM
old foamie
The Arup is one of my favorite old planes, this plan I have seen,but I wonder if there was a more scale version ever been done?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2015, 09:43 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
Old Foamie -

I think Flying Models in the 90s maybe had a fairly large RC version.... maybe RCM ?

Best Regards,

Jeff
Feb 14, 2015, 10:38 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
There are some Arup plans on ebay, look like RCM plans to me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arup-S2-Flyi...3D221319719024
Feb 14, 2015, 10:49 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
Oct 1989 Flying Models features the ARUP rc ......
Feb 16, 2015, 08:06 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Indeed it does.....

Ray
Feb 16, 2015, 09:19 AM
old foamie
Hey, now that's more like it. There had to be more than that early plan around,Thanks guys.
Feb 16, 2015, 09:59 AM
L's bells Ray, you're pampering me with a good repro At least Steve should be able to use this one.

Haven't forgotten wings, will post here in a few mins.

Regards Ian.

Sorry it took so long.
Last edited by Circlip; Feb 16, 2015 at 10:30 AM.
Feb 16, 2015, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know about this plane, or perhaps have plans for it? Did an internet search for it and can't find anything about it. It looks like it might be a PAA load plane, but not sure.
Last edited by tri-pacer; Feb 16, 2015 at 05:38 PM.
Feb 16, 2015, 06:07 PM
Closed Account
Don't know about the Stardust model, but check out the K&B nitro fuel can with pump and the starting battery. Ah...the memories....

Soft landings,

Joe
Feb 16, 2015, 07:02 PM
TLAR Aviation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Does anyone know about this plane, or perhaps have plans for it?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&postcount=51

Here's a thumbnail and full size PDF of the plan. It's called "Stardust" on the model but "Starduster" on the plan.

I'm currently building it, or trying to. The plan is poorly done and very confusing. I've spent the last several months, off and on, trying to make some sense of it and to redraw it into something buildable. I think I'm finally there, and started on the fuselage this morning. I'm not sure if I'll continue, but if I do I'll start a build log as an entry in Sundancer's AMPLAN buildoff: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2223167.

Like you, I did a lot of internet searching but haven't been able to find any other information on the model. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the model shown in that picture is the only one that has ever been built, the plans are so bad. But I hope something comes of my attempt at it, because it looks like a very interesting and pretty model that should fly well. The designers, Paul Gilliam and Bob Hunter, were well known and respected modelers in their day.

Feb 16, 2015, 07:20 PM
Thanks Harry, that's it. And you're right, it has Civy Boy lineage for sure....very pretty plane! Thanks again!
Feb 19, 2015, 09:15 PM

Ron St. Jeans "Cowboy"

Hi,
This is a long shot as I don’t believe Cowboy was ever published. It would have been designed around 1949 and I understand Ron had a few wins with it in 1950 and provided several copies of the plans to others, before becoming dissatisfied with the design and moving on to produce Ramrod. The only references I have found are in his Ramrod 250 article in MAN June 1956 and a short article in “SAM Speaks” #175 Jan/Feb 2004, which included the attached photo showing Ron with four sizes of Cowboy.
It is an interesting design and a tempting build for Vintage RC assist, if I can gather enough information. Possibly it would qualify as an Old Timer in the US? A plan is probably too much to hope for but if anyone knows of other photos of Cowboy or any descriptive references that might help in its reconstruction, I would love to hear.
Bob
Feb 19, 2015, 11:15 PM

Thermal Kid

62'', Frank Ehling, TLG FF, 1955 A.T. Annual.
Feb 19, 2015, 11:42 PM

Slipstream

56'' Brian Cox, IC pylon FF, Nov. 1960 Model Aircraft (English)
Last edited by Newtmagick; Feb 20, 2015 at 01:38 PM.
Feb 20, 2015, 08:03 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtmagick
56'' Brian Cox, IC pylon FF, Nov. 1960 Model Aviation (English)
Model AIRCRAFT, not Aviation as I am sure Broken English will confirm!!