Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 08, 2015, 03:48 PM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenspar
This nice plan is available on Outerzone, but the printwood patterns are too light to use. I recently found the kit on Fleabay and traced the parts. My pencil tracings aren't the greatest; maybe one of our CAD artists could clean them up?

The PDF file will print at actual size, so can be directly used to make your own printwood. For reference, I've also included some JPG files. These will print slightly undersize. Note the inch scale on each sheet; you can enlarge them as needed on your printer. I've traced the parts onto three inch strips so they can be used with standard sized balsa sheets.

I can not help with the print wood but I can help with the decal.

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2015, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluehand
Hi,

Recently I came across this plan. A pretty rare one.
Mambo, although not the Mambo we mostly think of .....this is a Danish 1950's design, by Jack Mathiesen, once kitted by DMI.
Span is 35", and the engine shown is a .75cc Viking "Red Helm" diesel.

Isnt it nice...?
Thanks a lot; ordered the kit many years ago, when DMI still existed, but never got the kit.
Thanks again!!!
Feb 08, 2015, 06:15 PM
The dog ate my clearance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler
I can not help with the print wood but I can help with the decal.

Joe
Thanks for doing that, Thermaler. It looks good!
Feb 09, 2015, 02:34 AM
Team Fearless
Hello all,
I know this thread is for Pre-1960 but I was wondering if any of you have a PDF copy of the plans for an old plane called the Round Tuit?

Thanks in advance,

Shawn
Feb 09, 2015, 08:17 AM
If the plan is after 1960, you might want to check the "after 1960" thread. There's also a "Pre 1977" thread as well. Do you know where the plan came from , magazine, designer? The name sounds familiar.
Feb 11, 2015, 01:57 PM
Team Fearless
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
If the plan is after 1960, you might want to check the "after 1960" thread. There's also a "Pre 1977" thread as well. Do you know where the plan came from , magazine, designer? The name sounds familiar.
I wasn't sure of the date so I posted here and in another thread. Luckily a fellow member here e-mailed me a set of plans.

Thanks,
Shawn
Feb 12, 2015, 08:40 PM
old foamie
Here is a unique plane and flying model of it, its from august of '56 f.m. magazine. Its called FC-1 or Flycycle, it was a one off that I know of, built in 1954 by Lawrence Farnham of Fort Collins, Co. The plane was powered by a 75 h.p. A-75 Continental engine and had a wingspan of 29'7" and 19' long.You where to straddle the fuse, with your feet on the wings, like straddling a motorcycle and the handlebar worked like it would on a motorcycle with a twist grip throttle. I guess it would of been like a flying horse for on farms, to fly out and mead fences or such, anyway here is some pictures of the prototype and the plans for the model. I think it was a nifty idea that didn't make it then, but maybe as an ultralight today?
Feb 12, 2015, 08:51 PM
I'd rather be flying.....

ARUP flying wing september 1936 model airplane news scan

Hi Everyone-

This is the ARUP flying wing scanned directly from my issue of the September 1936 Model Airplane News.

The full scale ARUP has an interesting story, but was never in production.

Several years ago, I somewhat redesigned the ARUP for electric RC and have the

structure built. Sometime I'll finish this model up....

Enjoy,

Jeff
Feb 13, 2015, 05:04 AM
Scaled up Old Foamy.

Regards Ian.
Feb 13, 2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks Circlip
Feb 13, 2015, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old foamie
Here is a unique plane and flying model of it, its from august of '56 f.m. magazine. Its called FC-1 or Flycycle
A few more pics of the "Flycycle", as published in a 1957 issue (Swedish issue) of Popular Mechanics....

Feb 13, 2015, 08:56 AM
Looks interesting. Thanks for the info.
Feb 13, 2015, 09:11 AM
old foamie
Thanks for the other pictures of the Flycycle. I was searching for more than what I had but there doesn't seem much out there, as a kid I remember seeing pictures of it,but can't find much now, and Thanks Circlip !
Feb 13, 2015, 04:38 PM
And one for JeffMac :-

Regards Ian.

Sorry, forgot to add the prop.
Last edited by Circlip; Feb 13, 2015 at 05:09 PM.
Feb 13, 2015, 06:11 PM
I'd rather be flying.....

Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlip
And one for JeffMac :-

Regards Ian.

Sorry, forgot to add the prop.
Many thanks Ian !

Best Regards,

Jeff