This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 06, 2015, 03:59 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
You're welcome!

That Planeteer looks like a fun build and the streamlined fuselage gives it a distinctive look.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2015, 04:02 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4

FM 1948.10 Rubber ROG by Walter Schroder

FM 1948.10
Rubber ROG
by Walter Schroder
from Flying Models
October 1948
20 in span
Feb 06, 2015, 06:22 PM

Gohst immages

Dave, thank you so much for all the plans you are posting. I am downloading and filing every one. Here's a hint to get rid of a ghost image that comes through from the backside of the page. Cover the back side with a piece of black paper. The scan will come out a little darker but there will not be any ghost image. Try it!

Newtmagick
Feb 06, 2015, 06:42 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
You guys are killing me... I have 16 years of FM and 23 years of MAN to work through and only a few months between jobs.

Nothing is ever good enough.

I'll post the one I just finished... and then I'm taking a break for other projects.
Feb 06, 2015, 06:43 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4

FM 1948.10 Flip-Flop by Ray Borden

FM 1948.10
Flip-Flop
by Ray Borden
from Flying Models
October 1948
37 in span
Feb 06, 2015, 08:09 PM
Dave, don't worry about the "Whiners", your work is fine & much appreciated!
Feb 06, 2015, 09:40 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
Dave keep right on going, you're sharing some great stuff !

Best Regards,

Jeff
Feb 07, 2015, 07:43 AM
[QUOTEHere's a hint to get rid of a ghost image that comes through from the backside of the page. Cover the back side with a piece of black paper. The scan will come out a little darker but there will not be any ghost image. Try it!

Newtmagick[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Dave, don't worry about the "Whiners", your work is fine & much appreciated!
Hardly think a tip, which would take a few seconds and enhance the results could be classed as "whining"

A Whiner would probably say that most of Daves last postings would be better in the free flight or control line sections?

Regards Ian.
Feb 07, 2015, 08:36 AM
I agree with Circlip. The ghost image tip would only make the vintage offerings better in the long run at the expense of a small amount of additional time per offering. Perhaps Dave overreacted just a bit with his curt response...? Would it not be much better to post good, clear, vintage plans that will be easier for future model builders to use rather than concentrate on posting as many plans as possible in the shortest time, especially if the poster has ready access to the original printed materials? I certainly appreciate all the work and effort that Dave is putting into the saving of these cherished vintage plans but we all need to remember that this is a hobby related endeavor and not a dead-lined job requirement to post plans as fast as possible.

Soft landings,

Joe
Feb 07, 2015, 01:51 PM

A different "Mambo"

Hi,

Recently I came across this plan. A pretty rare one.
Mambo, although not the Mambo we mostly think of .....this is a Danish 1950's design, by Jack Mathiesen, once kitted by DMI.
Span is 35", and the engine shown is a .75cc Viking "Red Helm" diesel.

Isnt it nice...?
Feb 07, 2015, 03:17 PM
Looks good. No need to scan the plan, and it's very workable.
Feb 07, 2015, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80
You're welcome!

That Planeteer looks like a fun build and the streamlined fuselage gives it a distinctive look.
I'm thinking of a r/c wingding
Feb 08, 2015, 10:55 AM
Crafty madness

Comet Piper Cub Cruiser

This nice plan is available on Outerzone, but the printwood patterns are too light to use. I recently found the kit on Fleabay and traced the parts. My pencil tracings aren't the greatest; maybe one of our CAD artists could clean them up?

The PDF file will print at actual size, so can be directly used to make your own printwood. For reference, I've also included some JPG files. These will print slightly undersize. Note the inch scale on each sheet; you can enlarge them as needed on your printer. I've traced the parts onto three inch strips so they can be used with standard sized balsa sheets.
Last edited by brokenspar; Feb 08, 2015 at 11:50 AM.
Feb 08, 2015, 01:28 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenspar
This nice plan is available ......
Check your PM....
Feb 08, 2015, 03:00 PM

comet

comet kits were always a tough build, I had plenty of them

Quick Reply