This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 04, 2015, 07:25 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
Thanks Pete - much appreciated !

Best Regards,

Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2015, 11:51 PM
I have never uploaded files to Outerzone, but have to the Hippocket Aeronautics Builders' Plans Gallery, so the parts will go to one of those places if I can't figure out how to get them on Outerzone. I expect I won't have any problem getting .pdf files uploaded to Outerzone, though, but that is my backup plan if a problem does come up.

Pete G[/QUOTE]

Pete,

To upload on Outerzone I just forward the file to Steve at:
[email protected]

He is the guy that makes the wonderful resource available to us all.

Al
Jan 05, 2015, 01:14 PM
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post30387288

Guys, the above links to the pictures of my Privateer 36...

Best Regards,

Jeff
Jan 05, 2015, 02:12 PM
Now I have to land that thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMac
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post30387288

Guys, the above links to the pictures of my Privateer 36...

Best Regards,

Jeff
Really great little ship - I love the looks of that, plus the authenticity - it has some real age, was flown by somebody in the past.

I bought the plans and printwood from plowbutter on ebay (about $40, delivered) for the 15 sized version (60" wingspan) so I can fly off snow. I just saw somebody is offering laser cut kit for $77 delivered (ebay seller marinarayla). I may borrow your color scheme, I like the red and black.

Thanks for the share...
Best,
Peter
Jan 05, 2015, 02:40 PM
You're welcome Peter.....

Have fun with the Super 15 !

Best Regards,

jeff
Jan 05, 2015, 11:26 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner
My apologies to Planeman and will immediately remove them if he desires....
Planeman doesn't give a damn. All of my restorations are for anybody to post or use for free. I would be greatly annoyed if someone was using them for their own profit though. I want the modelling community to get the same enjoyment out of them as I did when I built a number of them growing up and even later.
Jan 06, 2015, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal
I have never uploaded files to Outerzone, but have to the Hippocket Aeronautics Builders' Plans Gallery, so the parts will go to one of those places if I can't figure out how to get them on Outerzone. I expect I won't have any problem getting .pdf files uploaded to Outerzone, though, but that is my backup plan if a problem does come up.

Pete G
Pete,

To upload on Outerzone I just forward the file to Steve at:
[email protected]

He is the guy that makes the wonderful resource available to us all.

Al[/QUOTE]

Found the folder. Parts copies .pdf's sent to Steve.

Pete G
Jan 06, 2015, 01:54 AM
Pete G - MANY THANKS !

Best Regards,

Jeff
Jan 06, 2015, 08:28 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Does someone possess the skills and the desire to CAD trace the printwood files Pete put up on Outerzone for the 1/2A Privateer? Nothing I've tried produces any satisfactory results.

g
Jan 07, 2015, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi
Does someone possess the skills and the desire to CAD trace the printwood files Pete put up on Outerzone for the 1/2A Privateer? Nothing I've tried produces any satisfactory results.

g
Giuseppi
I will give it a try but not sure how long or how accurate they would be. My initial thoughts would be to trace the entire plan and then loft the parts from that.

Al
Jan 07, 2015, 01:12 PM
ParkScaleModels
Quote:

g
The problem is the time it would take. In order to do a good job of it, you would need to check the fit of all parts after tracing the parts.

I have a real love for flying boats and I have thought in the past about re-engineering the Privateer for laser cutting and electric power.
Jan 07, 2015, 02:48 PM
CV-15 VB-16
I'm not very skilled using the software to trace printwood and the time it will take me to do it would far exceed that of someone already accomplished. I have a few different programs that can be used to trace. I have SketchUp and Inkscape. And, while I am not unwilling to do the work, and will continue to experiment with and learn the methods required, I'm not gonna complain if someone already there is willing to step in.

So. by all means Al, and anybody else who wants to give it a shot, I for one will be grateful.

Meantime I'll continue to plod through it, as well.

g
Jan 07, 2015, 03:50 PM
Quote:

I have SketchUp and Inkscape. ...
As an FYI, I don't believe Sketchup has the accuracy needed to draw parts for RC - I think that is because it was originally intended for drawing rooms and architectural items - never was designed for small dimensions needed.
I loaded it and almost immediately removed it because of that fact.

Not sure about Inkscape.
Jan 07, 2015, 05:00 PM
CV-15 VB-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGregory
As an FYI, I don't believe Sketchup has the accuracy needed to draw parts for RC - I think that is because it was originally intended for drawing rooms and architectural items - never was designed for small dimensions needed.
I loaded it and almost immediately removed it because of that fact.

Not sure about Inkscape.
Au contraire mon frere.

Not to argue with you, but... I've seen several tutorial videos demonstrating just how highly accurate drawings can be made utilizing SketchUp, demonstrated by Mark Carew on the Phlatforum aka kram242 here on RCG.

Also, I've cut a few Foamies and 3D Puzzles on my PhlatPrinter based CNC router that were drawn in SketchUp. They've all fit together extremely well.

g
Jan 07, 2015, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Au contraire mon frere.
g
Thanks G, That is good to hear, I will reload Sketchup on a faster computer. My 3D printer guy told me it didn't work for him, but there are always updates and workarounds. I have loaded Autodesk Fusion 360, apparently free to use for startup companies or non-commercial work - but I haven't fired that up yet. A bit intimidating, might take a while to learn enough to be dangerous,

A Vos Sante, Tu Frere, Pierre

Quick Reply