Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 31, 2014, 01:51 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
brokenenglish's Avatar
That's a really good find. Thanks a lot Keven!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2014, 02:10 PM
Registered User
Keven, thanks for sharing.
John
Dec 31, 2014, 03:50 PM
Registered User
Captain Dunsel's Avatar
Thank you, Kevin. Looks like some good reading.

CD
Jan 02, 2015, 12:51 PM
Registered User
Keven, You are a man after my own heart. Thanks for the link to The ''Flying Empires'' book. Have a great New Year in the unending search for new ''old'' material and share what you find.
Jan 02, 2015, 08:56 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
JeffMac's Avatar

privateer 36


Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor
I had a 36" Privateer kit, but had to sell it on ebay at the time for 'financial' reasons, but I did Xerox the parts and plan. Did you replace the metal cowling with balsa?

I'm thinking that by using a small brushless, a lipo, and replacing the throttle servo with an esc, there may be some good weight savings, but I would also try the spray rails. Yours is a beautiful model.

Pete G
Hi Pete -

would there be any way you could share ( scan ) your privateer parts Xerox copies with outerzone ?

BTW a friend gave me an old " 36 " which I will refurbish this year....

Thanks,

Jeff
Jan 04, 2015, 02:35 AM
Model Designer
keven64's Avatar
Thanks everyone... back to business now.
Saving old plans...

Keven.
Jan 04, 2015, 10:09 AM
AMA16634...Just Me
How about another McGovern's plan "McGovern's Monster" ("Custom Privateer")
Jan 04, 2015, 10:10 AM
AMA16634...Just Me
and yet another Privateer.....Hope neither of these last two have already been posted...
Jan 04, 2015, 10:27 AM
Registered User

yet posted


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner
and yet another Privateer.....Hope neither of these last two have already been posted...
all these Berkeley's plans are yet posted and magnificently restored adding printwood parts by Rufus (planeman) in 2001.
Pit
Jan 04, 2015, 11:01 AM
AMA16634...Just Me
My apologies to Planeman and will immediately remove them if he desires....
Jan 04, 2015, 02:54 PM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMac
Hi Pete -

would there be any way you could share ( scan ) your privateer parts Xerox copies with outerzone ?

BTW a friend gave me an old " 36 " which I will refurbish this year....

Thanks,

Jeff
Will this help? Extracted jpeg image from the PDF and cropped in Gimp.

g
Jan 04, 2015, 04:22 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
JeffMac's Avatar
Hi Guiseppi-
I will check with outerzone and forward this print to steve with credit to you, unless you would prefer to do this... Your scans would be a great help to build that privateer super 15 !

Thanks,

Jeff
Jan 04, 2015, 05:43 PM
CV-15 VB-16
giuseppi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMac
Hi Guiseppi-
I will check with outerzone and forward this print to steve with credit to you, unless you would prefer to do this... Your scans would be a great help to build that privateer super 15 !

Thanks,

Jeff
No need to forward to Outerzone or the like. All I did was extract a piece of the Acrobat PDF that is already listed there @ Outerzone as an image file and cropped it to remove some of the border, and posted it here for you because I figured you didn't have the resources to do it yourself. My thinking being that if you did you would have already done it and not asked for the scans.

By the fact that you want to send them to Steve, it sounds to me like you feel they'll be useful, which is all I was hoping for.

So, enjoy and please post some pics of yours when you're finished with your restoration. Better yet, how about some before and after pics. Personally, I'd like to see what you're starting with.

g
Jan 04, 2015, 05:50 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
JeffMac's Avatar

Thank you


Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi
No need to forward to Outerzone or the like. All I did was extract a piece of the Acrobat PDF that is already listed there @ Outerzone as an image file and cropped it to remove some of the border, and posted it here for you because I figured you didn't have the resources to do it yourself. My thinking being that if you did you would have already done it and not asked for the scans.

By the fact that you want to send them to Steve, it sounds to me like you feel they'll be useful, which is all I was hoping for.

So, enjoy and please post some pics of yours when you're finished with your restoration. Better yet, how about some before and after pics. Personally, I'd like to see what you're starting with.

g
Yes I'm rather limited with my technology ! Thank you Sir ! I'll post a couple pics here later tonight or tomorrow. The 36 I have is in nice shape and has been flown a few years ago by the previous owner. I may re-cover it and straighten out some warps along the way. it has an OK CUB 049 on it still, it will be changed over to electric. eventually building a new 36 is what my goal is. Years ago a buddy brought his custom out of retirement and I got the Honour of stick time on that majestic unforgettable model !

Thanks again !

Jeff
Jan 04, 2015, 06:07 PM
Registered User
P_J_Glor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMac
Hi Pete -

would there be any way you could share ( scan ) your privateer parts Xerox copies with outerzone ?

BTW a friend gave me an old " 36 " which I will refurbish this year....

Thanks,

Jeff
I'll have to find my file. At this time of year the "storage area" (garage) is a total disaster, as there are Christmas boxes and storage tubs all over the place, as well as some furniture moved in to make room for the tree in the house.

The good news is that I recall copying the parts onto 11x 17 sheets, so I would not need to use a large format scanner to make the sheets into .pdf's once I find them.

I can scan 11 x 17 at the office.

The tree will be coming down this week, which will restore the access to my file cabinet, and once I break down the empty boxes from Christmas shopping and receipt of gifts down for the recycle bin, I should have access to most of my documents. And I have a recollection of spotting a folder with color photos of various Grumman Goose (Geeses?) for development of a Goose-like color scheme for the Privateer, so that may contain the files in question.

I should know within a few days. I have never uploaded files to Outerzone, but have to the Hippocket Aeronautics Builders' Plans Gallery, so the parts will go to one of those places if I can't figure out how to get them on Outerzone. I expect I won't have any problem getting .pdf files uploaded to Outerzone, though, but that is my backup plan if a problem does come up.

You have to be a member of the Hippocket Aeronautics forum to access the Builders' Plans Gallery, but membership is free and it is well worth the effort. (Unless you count building time lost while poring over hundreds of plans of models from your past as a negative. )

I should be able to report further by the end of the week.

Pete G


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery Vintage & Old-Timer Plans built gallery orange&white Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 513 Yesterday 05:22 PM
Discussion Best source for Vintage/Old Timer plans? river-studio Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 22 Sep 18, 2016 02:22 PM
For Sale Old timer Sal Taibi plans Biper/Piper Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 15, 2011 09:30 AM