This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 10, 2013, 06:13 AM
NSWFFS
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
I took a look at them ans was able to only download a small photo. Sadly, they are of such a size and resolution that they are only good to look at on the website. Thanks for the heads-up hough.
Planeman
Planeman,

Click the small image once, it gets larger.
Click a second time and it increases size.
Now right click on the image and select "Original" size from the menu and you have it full size and very workable.

Cheers,
Rob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2013, 08:35 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGiver
Planeman,

Click the small image once, it gets larger.
Click a second time and it increases size.
Now right click on the image and select "Original" size from the menu and you have it full size and very workable.

Cheers,
Rob
Thanks. Let me see what I can do.

Planeman
Sep 10, 2013, 12:55 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Here's a snippet of a plan from that page. I blew it up to 1/2"=1'0". Plenty good enough to build from IMO. Full size as drawn would fit on about an 18x22 sheet. I had it blown up to full size and was still very readable.
Sep 10, 2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Flyer
I have got about half way through this thread and am wondering if anyone has the plan for a Mercury Agressor. This was a delta wing FF design by LE Ellis and was kitted in the mid 50's.

Did you find this plan - am keen to find it as a distant relative actually had one flying about 1958.
Sep 10, 2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
I do have nice digitized high resolution versions of most of the Wylam, Matt, and Neito drawings. I would love to post them here but I am wary of the copyright situation. To my knowledge, all of these drawings were made prior to 1960. Any thoughts?

Planeman
The problem is KNOWING if somebody still owns the rights to them. Since most of that stuff was done for MAN and Air Progress (or who ever) I THINK that they have kept the copyrights up.

Some websites put some of them up, others, like Hippocket Aero and the other foreign websites I know of don't/won't post them.

But ... THINKING ain't KNOWING. Maybe a call to the PTB at MAN or Air Progress might hold the answer ... and maybe I should put that on my list of stuff to do.

I would LOVE to be able to put those old drawings down on the Scale Drawings and 3 Views Forum but I KNOW the copyright guys would be all over me ... UNLESS I could prove permission.

BTW ... I remember seeing Wylam, Matt, and Neito, Karlstrum and Nye drawings in MAN through the 1960's. I don't remember seeing them in the 70's ... but I had discovered cars and girls by that time.

BTW II. You got "most" of their stuff?

Do you share?

Ted
Sep 11, 2013, 05:07 AM
Anyone got a copy of the Atomizer handy?
Sep 11, 2013, 01:37 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddshot

Do you share?

Ted

Yup.

Planeman
Sep 12, 2013, 01:30 AM
NSWFFS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemuel
Anyone got a copy of the Atomizer handy?
Needs work by someone here but here 'tis

Cheers,
Rob
Sep 12, 2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Yup.

Planeman
PM sent.
Sep 12, 2013, 12:43 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Converted to PDF full size (I think)(couldn't quite read the WS). Looks very buildable but I supposed someone could clean it up if they desired.......
Sep 16, 2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
Dennis,
Did you find anything out about this biplane yet?
It sounds like it could have been a Roy Clough design since he had several published in PM, but maybe not. Or maybe Paul Palanek?

Can you describe it any better? Any hint of a name?
Jim
Ratracer posted a picture of it.
Sep 16, 2013, 09:49 PM
NSWFFS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner
Converted to PDF full size (I think)(couldn't quite read the WS). Looks very buildable but I supposed someone could clean it up if they desired.......
Wing span shown is 47" Brner (although I had read 48" elsewhere??), fuse length 26"

Cheers,
Rob
Sep 16, 2013, 11:45 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGiver
Wing span shown is 47" Brner (although I had read 48" elsewhere??), fuse length 26"

Cheers,
Rob
Thanks Rob. I used the fuse length of 26", which I could read on the plan. The other thing I checked was the wheel diameter and that seemed to be very close. However, using these as guides, the WS then came out as 44"....guess there is a problem with that one.

Don
Sep 17, 2013, 11:40 PM
Spring in Aus. Time to do more flying and less building.

I think the Three Stooges said it best........

Spring is here,
the grass has rizz.
I wonder where the birdies is?
The birdies on the wing, I heard.
How absurd, I thought the wing was on the bird.
Sep 22, 2013, 11:35 AM
Balsa breaks better
Spreading the truth.

PM me.
Last edited by Thermaler; Sep 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spreading the truth.

Quick Reply