This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 07, 2013, 07:04 PM
2 many planes...2 little time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentB
Thank you guys for your kindly words
Yes Vincent, that is absolutely beautiful work! You sir are a master craftsman!
I coudn't get your page to open with my new hard drive and security settings.... all fixed now and have spent the last half hour looking at that wonderful model!
Thank you for sharing!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2013, 08:14 PM
Model Designer
You know...
...I wondered if that model's name had owt to do with the film of the same name !

More thanks, Brian... for the article to go with the plans I uploaded !
I doubt I will ever make one of those - since my general health is no longer really suited to 'big models'...(!)
...but there is always the option of making something half size !

I just discovered a small pile of old magazines - with reduced plans within.
I'd forgotten I have them.
I can scan the small plans at high resolution - and post them here...
...or even in in the correct thread !

Keven.
Last edited by keven64; Aug 07, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
Aug 09, 2013, 06:47 AM
Ad eos qui nesciunt crepitus

Slope Glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
I was wondering - if I wanted to try my hand at slope gliding, what vintage model would you recommend?
Steve
Steve,

Lincoln suggested scaling up the Fighter Glider.....There's 72" version of it on Outerzone and a complete build log (mine.....Old_Pilot) on the aircraft....I've only tested her on short glides because the weather here has been uncooperative for any attempt at sustained flight.

Good luck

O_P
Latest blog entry: Getting closer on The Plank
Aug 09, 2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish
OK,
Apologies for the quality of the scan. My fifties to seventies Aeromodellers are in bound volumes, so I'm scanning from a big hardback book.
Brian,

Dont apology, as we use to say "better a bad scan than no scan at all"

Thank you for searching in all your old book

Bernard
Aug 11, 2013, 05:32 PM
Controliner

Lindberg Aeronca Chief

Here's the Aeronca Chief 50 by Paul Lindberg, Popular Aviation April 1939.
Aug 14, 2013, 09:13 PM
Thermals, Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&white
Wow the Pylon Buster is a sexy plane. I have already printed the plans for a 70% 55" span 357sq inch version for a 400 size outrunner.

Scott
I wonder how it would fly at that size

Photo
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Aug 15, 2013, 03:37 PM
Greetings! I seem to remember a plan for a Ringmaster that had a "head and top hat" on it like an actual Ringmaster would. I believe there were some spin-off modifications along these same lines too. Would anyone know where I could get a plan for one of these?
Aug 15, 2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by propaplace
Greetings! I seem to remember a plan for a Ringmaster that had a "head and top hat" on it like an actual Ringmaster would. I believe there were some spin-off modifications along these same lines too. Would anyone know where I could get a plan for one of these?
Is this what your looking for.

This is the only ones I have seen Uncle Sam could easily be modified in to the Ringmaster type character.
Last edited by Ratracer; Aug 15, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
Aug 15, 2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratracer
Is this what your looking for.

This is the only ones I have seen Uncle Sam could easily be modified in to the Ringmaster type character.
Yes, Yes, Yes!! Exactly! How can I thank you! This is grrrrrrrrrrreat!!
Aug 15, 2013, 08:11 PM
Larry G
Help please!! I just found an old Buzzard Bombshell 72" FF kit made by Classic Model Aircraft in Culver City, CA. I can't seem to find anything on the internet specifically related to this manufacturer. It appears to be from the 60's and seems to be a complete kit, although the tires have gone completely flat. I'm trying to find a value for it, as I intend to sell the kit. Anyone have any ideas? There is a business card in the box from Frank's Hobby Shop, Champaign, Illinois, with a phone number of 2-6022, which dates the kit to before 7-digit phone numbers and zip codes. Thanks.

Larry
Aug 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
My first C/L build was the AJ Walker Firebrat. It was an all balsa profile trainer with fox 15 for power. I don't recall any plans per say, but was wondering if anyone had a scaleable drawing?
TIA
charlie
Aug 16, 2013, 07:54 AM

Bill Winter Flyabout 1/2 A

It seems not published until now.
WMD, RChopper, please give us a stitched rendition?
thanks in advance.
Pit
Last edited by p.balsi; Jan 18, 2015 at 01:26 AM.
Aug 16, 2013, 11:04 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Here you go. Not exactly sure about the scaling, but working with the 1.75in wheel dimension given, I get that to around 35in wingspan.

Steve
Aug 17, 2013, 12:20 PM
Considering the all-sheet balsa construction and the very short nose, I doubt that the proper CoG could be established without a lead propeller

Jim R.
Aug 18, 2013, 01:48 AM
FLYABOUT, considering the radios, and batteries if the period, it might balance.

Ross

Quick Reply