This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 30, 2012, 02:03 PM
I am looking for plans for the 72" Spook. Has it been posted somewhere on this site?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2012, 02:57 PM
Does this help?
Apr 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
I'm back at for a day or so. Here is the Champ Gas Job from April 1937 Flying Aces by Phil Zecchitella. It is a one page plan, so it is printed at the same scale as the magazine.
Apr 30, 2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigisbest
Does this help?
YES! Thank you!
Apr 30, 2012, 06:01 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougdave
I'm back at for a day or so. Here is the Champ Gas Job from April 1937 Flying Aces by Phil Zecchitella. It is a one page plan, so it is printed at the same scale as the magazine.
Nice work. You've posted some great plans. I hate to be picky, but I think this one's a Ben Shereshaw design.
Apr 30, 2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD
Nice work. You've posted some great plans. I hate to be picky, but I think this one's a Ben Shereshaw design.

You're right. I put the author of the article down. I should have known that was a Shereshaw design. (Especially since it is written on the plan) It sure is a nice looking plane too. I am starting a Mercury by Ben Shereshaw right now. He sure has a great eye for making nice looking planes.
Apr 30, 2012, 10:39 PM
Anybody notice how many duplicates of some of the plans there are? It's one thing to have a plan for a particular plane from several different sources and designers, especially where the same designer sold a particular design to both American and British publications, and sometimes a mag reprints older designs either from itself, or from another publication, so it is easy to get duplicates this way. Then, as in browsing the index a few minutes ago, I find myself gulilty of uploading a given plan more than once, and in at least one occasion, on the same pqage. And I've also uploaded scans I have in my files, and then found someone else had previously uploaded the same plan and/or article. I once started to go through the Index to see if any scans I intended to upload had already been done,, but over 4500 plans on roughly 534 pages the last time I tried, it got kind of time consuming to click page by page to get to the page that would have a given model, especially when you have 25 or 30 plans in a batch to upload.
But, to me, better to have multiple submission of a given plan, than to not have it.
Having said that, I'd now like to say a hearty thanks to everybody who has contributed, whether plans or discussion, and especially thanks to those who started and maintain the index.
Apr 30, 2012, 10:45 PM
Power Upward
50+airyears,

Yeah, but some plans are just worth seeing over and over. When you figure how many plans are out there, over the many years modeling has been around, it gets difficult to remember what plans have or have not been uploaded. Let alone the many different places to upload too.

Cheers,

George
Apr 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50+AirYears
Anybody notice how many duplicates of some of the plans there are?

Then, as in browsing the index a few minutes ago, I find myself gulilty of uploading a given plan more than once, in at least one occasion, on the same pqage. But, to me, better to have multiple submission of a given plan, than to not have it.
HAving said that, I'd now like to say a hearty thanks to everybody who has contributed, whether plans or discussion, and especially thanks to those who started and maintain the index.
In some cases others have cleaned up the plan and uploaded the modified version.

There is an option on vinplandex to dump the entire database in a csv file if you have Microsoft Excel or a similar program that can convert the file into a usable spreadsheet or a database. I do that on occassion just to try to catch any data errors.

I also want to thank WMD for making that database available to us. I find it very useful although I am a bit prejudiced in that respect.
Apr 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
Believe me, my only real complaint is that there are several thousand planes here, on the Pre-1977 thread, and on the CL plans thread that I want to build and fly, but I'm a retired 68 year old former working man, and I have neither the remaining life span nor the money to do so.
Then there are the plans on Hippocket Aeronautics, Fred, and other plan sites. Then there are the several thousand full size plans I have on paper and in boxes. And a bunch of kits. Then the plans still available from MAN, FM, RCM, Model Aviation, and the RCM&E and Traplett publications plans.
Not to mention I'm also into HO Guage model Railroading, and model boats. I'm currently trying to get up the guts to do another ship in a bottle, my 7th.
Just going to have to convince my son I just don't have the time or money to join him in his very expensive hobby, competitive shooting. For what he spends on ammo for one 2 or 3 hour session, I can fly glow a couple years
Apr 30, 2012, 11:48 PM
"Just going to have to convince my son I just don't have the time or money to join him in his very expensive hobby, competitive shooting. For what he spends on ammo for one 2 or 3 hour session, I can fly glow a couple years"

Hey, why not combine the two sports.......you keep building them and he can keep shooting them. Moving targets are harder to hit.

Just kidding.
May 01, 2012, 12:38 AM
Time to break up this "Chit-Chat" with another plan...
May 01, 2012, 01:15 AM
Kind of wish somebody would come up with the rest of the B-36 plan set. I downloaded a 5 page set about 2 years ago, something looking similar to the couple pages in here, but it turned out they were thumbnails in the under 90 KB size, and didn't enlarge very well.
Like I need anymore plans.
May 01, 2012, 04:20 AM
Crafty madness
Hi TriPacer, I like the Swat. Do you know the publishing date? It looks 1950-ish.
May 01, 2012, 04:42 AM
Crafty madness

Baby Dumpling

Lifted from the SAM35 newsletter, Noel Shennan's (1960?) Baby Dumpling.

Quick Reply