This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
I want to interject something here. I have a concern about posting plans here that are by people or companies that are still living and in existence. The last thing we want is for this web site to encounter problems with these people and their legal rights and then shut down this thread. So I am politely suggesting we refrain from doing this and stick to the plans drawn prior to 1970 before the copyright laws were tightened up.

Planeman
Agreed. I've noticed a number of plans from Flying Models and they have a full sized plan service. I've also noticed some lately from Full Sized Plans website that were password protected. It would be a shame to lose the whole thread and it might be prudent to remove those already posted.
bill
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2010, 10:39 AM
Gravity gets me down.
Quote:
I want to interject something here. I have a concern about posting plans here that are by people or companies that are still living and in existence. The last thing we want is for this web site to encounter problems with these people and their legal rights and then shut down this thread. So I am politely suggesting we refrain from doing this and stick to the plans drawn prior to 1970 before the copyright laws were tightened up.

Planeman
Good call Rufus.

If anyone sees a plan that shouldn't be here, I'd suggest a pm to the poster to please remove it. Files get passed around and not everyone is aware of what is or isn't ok to post. Self-policing this thread will be the best approach.
Oct 23, 2010, 10:50 AM

Mini Tyro

Courtesy of 'Circlip'

I like this one.
Oct 23, 2010, 10:58 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
When I was younger living in Michigan back in the late 70s, my neighbor would fly an old timer he use to call the "The White Cloud". It was a high wing, I think an old free flight converted to RC. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Jim
Oct 23, 2010, 11:19 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

Only pre 1970 plans posted

Quote:

Planeman
Agreed

Any further plans request made here buy me will say asking for only pre 1970 plans.
all the plans I have posted to date should be befor 1970. butt then again sents some came off the public enternet and could have been reworked to some degree the date and copyright info may have been tampered with or removed its hard to tell for sure. I'm by no means an expert on the subject.

I too would hate to loose such a great thread.

Kenny e
Oct 23, 2010, 11:40 AM
Here's a small that I think G Rock rewoked. Micro gear might make this one fun. I can imagine that is flew like a brick after the K&B quit!
Oct 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks!
I can't remember ever seeing a plan for a Tri-pacer, or is it my memory slipping?
Oct 23, 2010, 11:47 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad

The Blessed Old White Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm
When I was younger living in Michigan back in the late 70s, my neighbor would fly an old timer he use to call the "The White Cloud". It was a high wing, I think an old free flight converted to RC. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Jim
Yep it dose the White Cloud made me the pilot I'm to day. the funny part is I was living in Pontiac Michigan at the time. my dad got the old plane from a friend of his at work. one of the nicest old men i had every met his name was Al Johnson. when I used to fly this thing with dad and Al I could set the transmitter down on the hood of my dads car go and open a Coke and drink most of it go back pick up the transmitter and get back to flying. a super cool old airplane.
Oct 23, 2010, 12:05 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny e
Yep it dose the White Cloud made me the pilot I'm to day. the funny part is I was living in Pontiac Michigan at the time. my dad got the old plane from a friend of his at work. one of the nicest old men i had every met his name was Al Johnson. when I used to fly this thing with dad and Al I could set the transmitter down on the hood of my dads car go and open a Coke and drink most of it go back pick up the transmitter and get back to flying. a super cool old airplane.

Ha! small world. This was up in a little town called Richmond, north of Mt Clemens. 32 mile road to be exact.

The White Cloud flew great, he had it in the air constantly.

Jim
Oct 23, 2010, 12:58 PM
Here's the other plane in that series for the K&B Infant, the Funster. I resized the PDF, so it should print out full size.
Oct 23, 2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pacer
Here's the other plane in that series for the K&B Infant, the Funster. I resized the PDF, so it should print out full size.
I think MAL Hobbies kits both of those or did till reciently. I kind of remember them only being 10 bucks for the kit.

bill
Oct 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:

Planeman
Noted. Since the Cloud Buster is still being produced by Guillow's as the Flyboy, I'm going to pull my zip of the plan. Mine came from an old copy of the Comet plan, but I don't know if Guillow's had new plans drawn up. Why take the risk?
Oct 23, 2010, 01:46 PM

Sub Mini

I like this one as well.from Circlip...
Oct 23, 2010, 02:04 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage1
Courtesy of 'Circlip'

I like this one.
Looks a lot like the Mambo I built in the late 50's
Oct 23, 2010, 02:10 PM
MAD MEN QCRC

Funster (Gnat)

Hi, I recently built the Funster which is also called the Gnat from the M.A.L. kit. It uses a Parkzone brick with PZ P-51 motor and Prop. A fake foam glow plug motor covers the electric motor. It's a blast to fly in the evening at the park. Climbs like a rocket and glides like the proverbial brick but sure is a fun classic model! Bill

Quick Reply